Writer Seeking Assistance

Old March 18th 05, 01:23 AM

Default Writer Seeking Assistance

Are you the child of a military parent, who turned out great because of
your father's or mother's unique or novel child-rearing techniques?

Are you an Army, Navy, Marine or Air Force NCO or officer, active duty
or retired, who successfully raised your children while serving your
country?

If you can answer "YES" to either of the above questions, I can use
your help. I am a retired US Army master sergeant who, with his
spouse, successfully raised three daughters during my 20 year Army
career. I contend that although military parents face challenges
civilians do not, our military experience and culture contribute to our
success as parents.

I am seeking anecdotal information about techniques you (or your
parent) learned leading troops that were successfully adapted to manage
your household and family. I want to know what behavior modification
techniques were used, disciplinary measures, motivational tools and
child-rearing skills learned in the service that crossed over to help
you raise the children.

Contributors will be acknowledged in any finished article unless
anonymity is requested. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Contributions may be emailed to: