Baby names and NO idea

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 13th 07, 03:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

Default Baby names and NO idea

I don't have the time to dwell on this pregnancy like I did with #1 and it's
really obvious. I had names picked out the first week and all this shopping
to do and started working on the nursery. This time around, I figure we'll
wait until about 8.5 months and throw something together if we even fix the
room up before the birth- I saved all the baby gear so we have the crib and
swing etc. I saved clothing too a lot of which is unisex for the first
year..

Even worse though, I haven't a CLUE about names. I do think about it, but I
have not hit upon a name I really like for either gender and if I do have
something I'm partial to, I cannot come up with a nice middle name. Ack. Has
anyone else gone until the last minute and had no name?? I am far from last
minute- LOL. But I keep telling myself I won't think of names until the last
month or so.

I know what NOT to name. Any name that's in use by close relatives for their
kids, is a no go. And debatably, I try to stay away from names that are
exceedingly common around here, debatable because if we move it could
change. I try to stay away from names that I know too many of personally as
well.

One name I have always liked for a girl is Kate. Simply Kate. Kate
not-short-for-anything, Kate is the full name. Problem is I can't make it
work as a first name, only as a middle name, and I prefer to name my kids
what they'll be called as there first name, for no logical reason, it's just
a thing I have. My brother goes by his middle and all his mail and listings
are in his first name. Seems simple to avoid that.

So, Kate what? What Kate? I am out of ideas. Meredith Kate? Too clsoe to
Mary Kate.Someone suggested to me Katelyn Brooke, but I don't know...not
fond of Katelyn. If I did use, it would be Caitlyn. Or is it Caitlin? I am
growing fond of Caitlin/Caitlyn actually... what else goes well with plain
Kate though? Hannah Kate, I just don't know.

For a boy I have even less ideas as I don't have a name that I love like
Kate. Zachary?.....William....? Joshua? I can't come up with anything. All
the boy names I like are "taken" by family members. I like Thomas but it's
way taken. I like Benjamin, it's used by someone nearby and I would feel
awkward to name my kid that too. Same with Adam. It's actually used by two
people so it would be more awkward, otherwise I like Adam...grrr! It really
would feel awkward to name my kid something that someone related to me or
near me in some way has named their kid, you know? They took all the good
names, how could they do that to me? :P

LOl but really, I feel like if I have nothing else ready that's fine but
it's too bad not to have a name. This means I will surely go into labor
early and will not be prepared.

Help With Baby Names! Blue Eyes Blue Pregnancy 10 April 22nd 13 10:11 AM
Great Baby Gift Idea Suzuki Pregnancy 0 August 22nd 04 05:36 PM
Baby Names Felicia-Y-Ruben... Baby - March 14 05 Pregnancy 2 July 28th 04 04:24 AM
Baby names Scott Pregnancy 0 June 18th 04 11:02 AM
Baby Names annafine Pregnancy 20 September 3rd 03 09:36 PM