seperate placenta twins misscarriage

Old January 7th 06, 10:22 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default seperate placenta twins misscarriage

Hi All.
I have just found out at my 10 week scan that i am having twins!they are in
seperate placentas and the radiographer said they were all well and two nice
heart beats from them,but i have read so much about one of them dissapearing
and being left with one,
What are the chance of this happening?
i am getting a bit worried and concerned about this..
Thanks all
Debbie

Old January 9th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Hi Debbie,

Congratulations!!! I really have no idea what the chances are, but I'd
be feeling pretty good at 10w if I were you. You are already almost to
your second trimester. If the scan looked good, please try not to
spend too much time worrying about losing one. Easier said than done,
I know, but if you have no reason to be concerned then try to focus on
the positive. I do know that after seeing good heartbeat(s), the risk
of miscarriage is only about 5%.

I hope you have a healthy, uneventful pregnancy!

Ellen
------------------
Erin 6/95
Bradley & Alex 10/00

Old January 12th 06, 03:29 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I had a vanishing twin, but it vanished much earlier than 10 weeks. And at
the first u/s (3-4 weeks, can't remember when they do the first one for IVF)
the doctor said there were 2, but one looked weak and probably wouldn't make
it and he was right.

With my healthy twin pg the doctor saw 2 very early on and said they both
looked good, no concerns about one being weak, etc. By 10 weeks everything
looked great with 2 strong heartbeats, and I now have 16 month b/g twins. I
think a vanishing twin, vanishes earlier than 10 weeks, but I'm not 100%
sure, at least that's how it was for me.

Good luck and congrats!!

Leann

Old January 12th 06, 09:02 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 03:29:55 GMT, "Leann and Donald"
wrote:

By 10 weeks everything
looked great with 2 strong heartbeats, and I now have 16 month b/g twins.

Leann, nice to "see" you! How are all the kiddos doing?

--
Paula
Mom to Olivia and Cassie (b. 4/8/03 @ 26 weeks)
Old January 13th 06, 12:26 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Hi Paula! Everyone is great. James and Anna are 16 months (13 mos.
adjusted). Still not walking, but Anna is very close. James gets OT 2x a
week, he just began crawling on all fours. Did the army crawl up until now.
They are both great eaters, I think they eat more than I do in a day.

How are your kids?? Congrats on Noah! It's been a while since I've been on
the groups and I was so happy for you when I read about Noah!

Hope your having a happy and healthy New Year!! (All 5 of us had a stomach
virus right before new years. Anna and James were affected the least
actually and I think it has to do with the breastfeeding :-)

Leann

Old January 20th 06, 03:47 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I have identical girls that each had their own placentas and they were fine.
I had no problems. I think after 10 weeks you are pretty far along and I
wouldn't worry about anything.
Good luck and congrats.

--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2-15-97

"Deborah" wrote in message
Hi All.
I have just found out at my 10 week scan that i am having twins!they are
in
seperate placentas and the radiographer said they were all well and two
nice
heart beats from them,but i have read so much about one of them
dissapearing
and being left with one,
What are the chance of this happening?
i am getting a bit worried and concerned about this..
Thanks all
Debbie

succenturiate placenta (accessory lobe) V. Pregnancy 10 October 11th 05 10:57 PM
The afterbirth story Unadulterated Me Pregnancy 21 May 26th 05 06:00 AM
B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Twins - high risk - one placenta???? JFK Pregnancy 2 August 31st 03 10:15 PM
AP: Study Shows Fraternal Twins Can Share Placenta Nick Theodorakis Twins & Triplets 1 July 14th 03 05:49 AM