Breech twins....what is labor like

Old February 2nd 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default Breech twins....what is labor like

Hi Everyone

I am having 2 girls....I am 36 1/2 weeks and both are in breech
presentation and have been that way since about 24 weeks. I am trying
to find out how different labor is with 1) twins 2) breech.

Everyone says that I have far to 'drop'. I am wondering if this
occurs as much with Twins and breech positions. I have dropped, I feel
like their little legs are going to kick out of my cervix, but people
say I have a ways to go.

Is onset of labor usually late because of the breech presentation? If
so, is there anything I can do? walking maybe or is it just a much
longer process?

Thanks To everyone......I can't wait to see my girls....and I am SOOOO
ready.

Old February 2nd 06, 04:38 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Are you saying that if they stay breech, you will go through labor and
try to deliver vaginally? I would think that if they do not turn your
doctor will just schedule a C-section, or maybe just a quick u/s when
you do start labor to check their final positions?

Ellen

Old February 2nd 06, 04:50 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Oh no, it will be a c-section. However, if I go into labor on my own
it will not have to be scheduled....I would prefer it this way. I
don't know why, but I don't like the idea of picking a date....let them
pick when they want to come. My doc told me that their being breech
was working against me because their heads aren't pushing on my cervix.
I was just wondering what other people have experienced.

Old February 3rd 06, 02:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

OK, Tina, that makes more sense! I really don't know what, if any,
effect the breech presentation has on the onset of labor. I would
think not much, but I'm not sure. In any event, best wishes to you for
a safe and healthy delivery!

Take care,
Ellen
-----------------
Erin 6/95
Bradley & Alex 10/00

Old February 6th 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

wrote:
Hi Everyone

I am having 2 girls....I am 36 1/2 weeks and both are in breech
presentation and have been that way since about 24 weeks. I am trying
to find out how different labor is with 1) twins 2) breech.

Everyone says that I have far to 'drop'. I am wondering if this
occurs as much with Twins and breech positions. I have dropped, I feel
like their little legs are going to kick out of my cervix, but people
say I have a ways to go.

Is onset of labor usually late because of the breech presentation? If
so, is there anything I can do? walking maybe or is it just a much
longer process?

I don't think that if twins are meant to be early that breech
presentation makes a whole lot of difference. On the other hand, if
they're meant to go to term, no reason you shouldn't. I had
breech/transverse twins by C-section just two days before their due
date, with no signs of labor in sight, despite having had an irritable
uterus and eight bazillion contractions from fairly early in the
pregnancy. (I subsequently had a singleton by the regular route at 41
weeks. I suspect I would have gone into labor a little after 40 weeks
with the twins, but who knows?)

Before doctors got quite so antsy about twins going past their due date
(which seems to be a recent phenomenon) a substantial minority of twins
did go 40-41 weeks, though it was less common to go the full 42.

I was lucky enough not to find the last month to be much more
difficult. I seemed to hit a plateau where it was all much the same
from day to day, not harder and harder.

In theory a vaginal breech/breech delivery is much more possible than a
breech/transverse or breech/vertex delivery (there isn't the same
chance of heads locking), but so many doctors are inexperienced with
breech deliveries at all, except when only the second twin is breech,
which is much easier, that it is not a common option these days.

--Helen

Old February 7th 06, 01:33 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Thanks everyone for the replies. I have had contactions for over 24
hours now....but they die out and then start again. I know they are
probably just the beginning pangs (as they are uncomfortable but not
painful) but my husband and I are getting so antsy to meet the girls
(they are our first). I am just impatient and it seems that whenever I
speak with someone, they tell me that labor feels completely different
from what I was told yesterday! I actually have a friend who had
twins and didn't realize she was in labor. They found out because she
was having an NST done. She never bled, no mucus plug, nothing.

Sigh.....well I will just have to be patient and wait until my girls
are ready.

Thanks Again

accupuncture to reverse position?? Linda Pregnancy 2 September 1st 05 02:59 PM
Feet first birth (breech) (also: Wise Woman Herbal Ezine) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 May 8th 05 03:53 PM
Attn Moondragon: How NOT to do a breech birth Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 November 1st 04 01:48 AM
B/G twins here Janine Twins & Triplets 1 May 19th 04 03:43 PM
Prof. Boog on Breech (cephalic version techniques) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 April 7th 04 07:49 PM