Lots of freeware here

Old December 2nd 05, 01:38 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Lots of freeware here

I've been running Freezone Freeware for years now. It has lots of true
freeware, no nagware, no shareware, no crippleware, in 40+ categories. You
can view it online he
http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

Or you can also download the zip file, unzip it to your hard drive, and view
it offline. Saves online charges that way.

Have fun. (Sorry about the ads but I needed a free web host, and Yahoo's
daily transfer limit is pretty low.)

There are several categories that start with "Games", and I think there is
one for "Kids" and one for "Educational". They're all very helpful.

--
Sig: Say no to fixed width HTML tables. They look terrible in most browsers.
Old December 2nd 05, 06:22 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:36:55 GMT in article
, spoke
thusly...
too many ads, popups, dead links, and payment required for access to
some areas.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:38:37 -0500, A Man the following was
posted in blue dry erase marker:

http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

There should not be any dead links on the Freezone Freeware site and there is
no payment required to access my site.

Are you sure you were in the Freezone Freeware area?

--
Sig: Say no to fixed width HTML tables. They look terrible in most browsers.
Old December 2nd 05, 06:25 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:36:55 GMT in article
, spoke
thusly...
too many ads, popups, dead links, and payment required for access to
some areas.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:38:37 -0500, A Man the following was
posted in blue dry erase marker:

http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

There is a small graphic for a donation, but a donation, by definition, is
optional.

Also, I don't get popups since I use Mozilla. Other browsers might get
popups.

Next, scroll further down past the web page updates. Go to where it says "My
Stuff: Freezone Freeware - 1300+ programs..."

--
Sig: Say no to fixed width HTML tables. They look terrible in most browsers.
Old December 2nd 05, 06:30 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:36:55 GMT in article
, spoke
thusly...
too many ads, popups, dead links, and payment required for access to
some areas.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:38:37 -0500, A Man the following was
posted in blue dry erase marker:

http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

I suggest you download the zip file and unzip it to a directory on your hard
drive. It will eliminate popups, there should be no ads (those are put in by
the web hosts) and is quicker to browse the list. Direct link is:
http://www.geocities.com/csroberts/freeware.zip

And this file is more recent than the online one at chuckr.bravepages.com.

--
Sig: Say no to fixed width HTML tables. They look terrible in most browsers.
Old December 4th 05, 05:16 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

A Man wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:36:55 GMT in article
, spoke
thusly...

too many ads, popups, dead links, and payment required for access to
some areas.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:38:37 -0500, A Man the following was
posted in blue dry erase marker:

http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

There should not be any dead links on the Freezone Freeware site and there is
no payment required to access my site.

Are you sure you were in the Freezone Freeware area?

Yep, I was there too, pop-ups on almost each link on the freezone area.
Old December 4th 05, 05:23 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

A Man wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:36:55 GMT in article
, spoke
thusly...

too many ads, popups, dead links, and payment required for access to
some areas.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:38:37 -0500, A Man the following was
posted in blue dry erase marker:

http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

I suggest you download the zip file and unzip it to a directory on your hard
drive. It will eliminate popups, there should be no ads (those are put in by
the web hosts) and is quicker to browse the list. Direct link is:
http://www.geocities.com/csroberts/freeware.zip

And this file is more recent than the online one at chuckr.bravepages.com.

Sorry I don't load anything on my computer that I don't know what it is.
Nor from a recomendation of someone who uses the FTC's "Spam Mail box"
as their own

Besides IE6 ( XP Pro SP2 ) does a nice job of blocking pop-ups
Old December 5th 05, 02:55 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 05:16:34 GMT, Alex the following

A Man wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:36:55 GMT in article
, spoke
thusly...

too many ads, popups, dead links, and payment required for access to
some areas.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:38:37 -0500, A Man the following was
posted in blue dry erase marker:

http://chuckr.bravepages.com/

There should not be any dead links on the Freezone Freeware site and
there is
no payment required to access my site.

Are you sure you were in the Freezone Freeware area?

Yep, I was there too, pop-ups on almost each link on the freezone area.

Ah ... thank you. I thought it was just me. And I'm using mozilla. It
blocks pop ups but not the ads.

Thank you darlin'

Not just you... Opera is going nutso for me with all the popups it's
blocking.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old December 6th 05, 10:58 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

'Kate wrote:

Ah ... thank you. I thought it was just me. And I'm using mozilla. It
blocks pop ups but not the ads.

I've switched to The Proxomitron, a free download where I set the
required amount of filter.
It can stop any moving and flashing object and music as well as pop
ups.

Dennis