bring babies home with monitors?

Old December 23rd 05, 01:54 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default bring babies home with monitors?

Have anyone brought their babies home with apena monitor and oxygen?
The girls are not home yet but the doctors were considering of having
them come home with the monitor and oxygen...

Old December 24th 05, 03:36 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Hi! My b/g twins were born at 33w 3d in Sept. 02. They both came home on
apnea monitors and were on them until Feb. 03.

They are a HUGE pain in the ass! LOL Our first night home was horrible
and sleepless. The wires are a pain, lugging the monitor is a pain, the
alarm is a pain, having someone come to your house every few days to
download is a pain, BUT it is sooooo worth it, knowing that your babies
are safe.

The first night OFF the monitor was the hardest! I sat up staring at
them all night!

After awhile, you will learn just how to place the electrodes so you
don't get false alarms and you will get used to the monitor itself. From
my exerience, the sticky electrodes are easier than the velcro belts.

Best of luck and hope your babies are home soon!

~Megan~
Mommy to
3 year old twins,
Aidan & Alexis

Old December 24th 05, 03:16 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

I have twins boys born at 28 weeks. One a came home on a monitor and
oxygen. Because of their birth weight we got special insurance from
the state. That allowed us to get a nurse during the night hours. The
monitor would keep going of for no reason. We would have been up all
night if it wasn't for the nurse. It wasn't that he stop breathing.
It was that his leads would come off from his moving around so much.
You also can get SSI which is extra money from the state to help pay
for a nurse. You can get as little as $603 a month for each child.
This helped us pay for trips to dr visits,medication, extra bills that
came up. If you want more information on this let me know and I will
email private and tell you how to get what. It has been a big. Help
we have got it for 6 years now and It has made it possible for me to be
a stay at home mom.

Amanda

Old December 26th 05, 04:11 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

My girls were born at 33w0d and did not need monitors or O2 supplementation.
My 6yo however, was a 30 weeker and she did. She came home on an apnea
monitor and 1/32 liter of O2 and was on it for a couple months. While at
home, the baby is somewhat "tethered" to the main tank...and therefore, so
are you. ;-) You can still move around from room to room, but you are
limited somewhat in terms of how far you can go, obviously. When you are
out and about, you have a portable tank that you take with you. I got kind
of used to the routine, actually...but I sure was glad when DD didn't need
it anymore.

She was on an apnea monitor for about 9 months, to be used during feeds and
at night. We had our share of false alarms in the middle of the night, but
I was glad she had it as to some degree, I felt more secure with it.

Chele

Old January 10th 06, 07:52 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default New Daddy ,Becoming a Dad.. What does it take?

First of all i have two reasons for this post first because im about to
become a dad in less then 7 months time , secondly i really would like
to know from a view point , of any new or expecting dads on how is it
whats it like , after all the congrats have been gathered and thanks
have been given , and the new life is beginning ...

I would like to know from Parents of first time parents that have had
or going to have... Triplets or Twins ,
and how it affected your life ,
how you cope with the situation when you found out?
is their much difference in financial strains having Twins ?
was their and Complications , Before,During and after Labor?
and anything that if you could say hey, if only i knew that before hand?
*Especially for the dads that question

heres something unique , I would like to know the unique view point from
both partners , how the father/ father to be felt and how the mom /mom
to be sees the father coping or maybe not coping.

If you are a mom or mom to be , call over your partner and sit together
and see if you could help me and possibly other dads and dads to succeed
in becoming A1 Husbands and Fathers

Thank you for your time

Many thanks

Martin

Old January 12th 06, 03:36 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

HI, my b/g twins both came home on monitors and my boy came home withoxygen.
They were born at 26 weeks. I did not find the monitors annoying as some
do. I was just happy that it was obvious if they stopped breathing from the
loud beeping. As they got older (closer to when they were going to come off
of them) they became a little difficult to place in a good spot because they
were getting bigger and we had more false alarms, but I would rather have
false alarms, than SIDS. They were on them for about 3 1/2 months and they
were a great relief. Don't be afraid of them, be glad that they exist :-)
I think every newborn should have them!

The oxygen was a little more difficult, especially during feedings (I
breastfed). Are you getting a pulseox (sp?) too? That is helpful if they
tend to plummit (sp?) during feedings. Again, alot of work, but good to
have.

Good luck! and Congratulations on your twins!!

Leann

ups.com...