How long can an infant don't eat?

Old May 28th 04, 08:49 AM
Jean

Default How long can an infant don't eat?

Hi,

My DD, 3 months +, normally feed every 3-4 hours 5oz of formula during the
day. At mid-night, only 1 feed @ 12am then the next feed will be on 5 / 6am
in the morning. During the night, she will wake up and I only give her some
water.

Okay, the problem is starting this week, DD won't eat! Sometimes only at
every 6 hours per feed (5oz). Is this normal? I can tell she is hungry
because her stomach make noise. But she just refuse to eat!! What to do?
HELP please!!

Jean

Old May 28th 04, 10:21 AM
CWatters

"Jean" wrote in message
Hi,

My DD, 3 months +, normally feed every 3-4 hours 5oz of formula during the
day. At mid-night, only 1 feed @ 12am then the next feed will be on 5 /

6am
in the morning. During the night, she will wake up and I only give her

some
water.

Okay, the problem is starting this week, DD won't eat! Sometimes only at
every 6 hours per feed (5oz). Is this normal? I can tell she is hungry
because her stomach make noise. But she just refuse to eat!! What to do?
HELP please!!

If you are worried ask your doctor or health professional.

Our two boys went through similar phases and we were told that as long as
something is going in and something is coming out the other end the exact
quantity isn't so important. Our doctor didn't seem worried unless the
regular weight checks show a problem. It could just be the warmer weather or
perhaps she has a cold? Our two won't eat if thet have a slight temperature.
Sometimes when they are ill they eat nothing for three days then eat double
the next three to make up. Now they are older (Two years) they sometimes
won't eat if they are thirsty, and they don't seem to realise they are
thirsty until you actually show them a drink.