We are going ski-ing!

Old November 2nd 03, 09:30 PM
Dennis Here

Default We are going ski-ing!

Not sure if I mentioned it but my middle son is back from Australia and is
now working in Italy (he teaches English) not too far from the ski slopes.
As he only has a short holiday I have decided to take Freddie and go out to
see him this time. So this year Christmas will be away as we leave on
Christmas eve and will be there by late afternoon so we will still have
plenty of time to check for chimneys and hang up our stockings.
The trouble is that Santa has to negotiate the Alps with a full sleigh so I
am looking for ideas for small lightweight presents that fit into the
corners of a suitcase without setting off security alarms.
Any suggestions?

Dennis

Old November 2nd 03, 10:59 PM
Tiffany

Dennis Here youreply
wrote in message ...
Not sure if I mentioned it but my middle son is back from Australia and is
now working in Italy (he teaches English) not too far from the ski

slopes.
As he only has a short holiday I have decided to take Freddie and go out

see him this time. So this year Christmas will be away as we leave on
Christmas eve and will be there by late afternoon so we will still have
plenty of time to check for chimneys and hang up our stockings.
The trouble is that Santa has to negotiate the Alps with a full sleigh so

am looking for ideas for small lightweight presents that fit into the
corners of a suitcase without setting off security alarms.
Any suggestions?

Dennis

Hmm.... he is how old?

Old November 2nd 03, 11:45 PM
Moon Shyne

"Dennis Here" youreply wrote
in message ...
Not sure if I mentioned it but my middle son is back from Australia and is
now working in Italy (he teaches English) not too far from the ski slopes.
As he only has a short holiday I have decided to take Freddie and go out to
see him this time. So this year Christmas will be away as we leave on
Christmas eve and will be there by late afternoon so we will still have
plenty of time to check for chimneys and hang up our stockings.
The trouble is that Santa has to negotiate the Alps with a full sleigh so I
am looking for ideas for small lightweight presents that fit into the
corners of a suitcase without setting off security alarms.
Any suggestions?

Ship 'em ahead of time. We're leaving Xmas eve morning to go see my family, so
I"ve already arranged to ship out the presents (unwrapped, you can wrap them
there) 10 days ahead of time, and my parents will stash 'em. Then when I get
there, all I have to do is wrap and label 'em, and we're good to go on Xmas
morning.

Dennis

Old November 3rd 03, 02:54 AM
turtledove

When my son was six he had the opportunity to go on a cruise at
Christmastime with his dad. (some of you may remember this trip) Anyhoo,
his dad and I had agreed that 'Santa' was going to be at my house. This
left a problem, because he'd be out in the middle of the ocean on Christmas
day. So...we had 'Santa' write my son a letter explaining that he knew all
about the cruise and that he brought his presents to him early so he
wouldn't have to worry about it on the ship.

it worked perfect! We had 'Santa' early, and then a family present exchange
when he got back.

if that doesn't help, I'll start thinking of toy suggestions for ya!

hugs,
*bri

Old November 4th 03, 05:54 PM
Dennis Here

Tiffany wrote in message ...

Hmm.... he is how old?

Nearly eight.

Dennis

Old November 4th 03, 05:56 PM
Dennis Here

Moon Shyne wrote in message ...

Any suggestions?

Ship 'em ahead of time.

So simple I overlooked it! Thanks

We're leaving Xmas eve morning to go see my family, so
I"ve already arranged to ship out the presents (unwrapped, you can wrap

them
there) 10 days ahead of time, and my parents will stash 'em. Then when I

get
there, all I have to do is wrap and label 'em, and we're good to go on Xmas
morning.

I think I'll send them wrapped as we arrive late on Christmas eve and we
will be in a small appartment.

Dennis

Old November 4th 03, 06:05 PM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message

Ship the presents to your son. Bring an extra suitcase.

Extra suitcase? I only have one! A 25 year old "Globetrotter"
http://www.globetrottersuitcase.co.uk/
that has done all my family holidays over three continents.

Anything can be made into "something suspicious". If your son takes you
to the airport and the screener won't let an item on the plane, he can
ship it to you. Have a box ready just in case.

Another good idea, thanks but the baggage screening is after entering the
departure area so son will not be allowed through. Have to pack it all in
the Globetrotter.

Dennis

Old November 4th 03, 06:07 PM
Dennis Here

turtledove wrote in message ...

Anyhoo,
his dad and I had agreed that 'Santa' was going to be at my house. This
left a problem, because he'd be out in the middle of the ocean on Christmas
day. So...we had 'Santa' write my son a letter explaining that he knew all
about the cruise and that he brought his presents to him early so he
wouldn't have to worry about it on the ship.

it worked perfect! We had 'Santa' early, and then a family present

exchange
when he got back.

Yeah, that is what I thought I would do and still will for the bulky items
but I will ship over some surprises in advance as well.

Dennis

Old November 4th 03, 06:12 PM
Tiffany

How about one of those bags that fold up? Then on the return, you can fill
it up.

Old November 4th 03, 06:14 PM
Tiffany

Dennis Here youreply
wrote in message ...

Tiffany wrote in message ...

Hmm.... he is how old?

Nearly eight.

Dennis

Even if you ship ahead, you want to be buy lightly. I have to buy and ship
gifts all the time and it can cost alot to ship a heavy gift.

I really don't know..... what does he like? books? music? toys? legos?