teens - forced to visit mother against will

Old January 9th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

Default teens - forced to visit mother against will

I have 3 children
ages 17,15 and 12

The FOC is saying that my 17 year old daughter HAS to go visit her mother if
the mother seeks visitation. OR I could be held in contempt of court for
it.

I was wondering at what age are other kids being forced to visit a parent
they do NOT want to see.

I have talked to others (people I know around my area) and they have told me
their kids were able to decide as young as 12.

Anyone else having to force an Older teen to visit the NCP?

Robert

Old January 9th 07, 12:24 AM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in

The FOC is saying that my 17 year old daughter HAS to go visit her mother
if
the mother seeks visitation. OR I could be held in contempt of court for
it.

Is the FOC aware that the mother is mentally il and should only be allowed
supervized visitation?

Old January 9th 07, 12:44 AM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

I am trying to get that across to them, but hard to do in a 5 minute
meeting!

They rush everyone thru because they try to see like 20 people between 10am
and 12noon
So they rush everyone thru.

"DB" wrote in message
. net...

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in

Old January 9th 07, 04:50 AM posted to alt.child-support
just some guy

Some states have a statute where the child can, while not being legal
age of majority, make some decisions on their own. I believe Maryland
has such a ruling and the age is 15.

Other states have a prevalent ruling where most judges will grant the
child the right to decide. In North Carolina I believe that is
somewhere around 14 or 15.

I hope that helps

-j

Old January 9th 07, 02:16 PM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

I'm Michigan a child (of 17) can legally move out of the parents home (even
if against parents wishes) and move where they want, yet the parent can be
held in contempt for NON-visitation of the other parent.

This is what I do not understand if they can simply move out (and if you
don't let them they can call the police while the police hold the parent
back from stopping them from moving out) why on earth would a court hold
that same parent in contempt for something they have NO control over legally
or otherwise!

I am working on getting the order changed just waiting on some reports from
CPS and the social workers. I am hoping to halt ALL visitation of all 3
kids (17,15, and 12)

The mother only comes around every 3 to 6 months to begin with. I am trying
to get her rights removed at this time. I have spoke to my ex about the
whole thing several time (with no luck) about her coming around only when
she feels like it and cries like a baby if the kids wont go with her. I
think its absurd that she does this to the kids. The middle child is
disabled (asperger) and it really messes him up. Then I get stuck with his
messed up behavior for days to sometimes weeks afterward. He was fine when
she either came around for most of her visitations or did not come around at
all. But this hit and miss is messing him up.

The social worker and the psychiatrist he sees for his disorder says we need
to keep his life on a schedule and stay consistent. My ex however doesn't
feel that is the case and denies the fact that he has asperger (even though
he has been diagnosed with it by about a dozen qualified experts - to
include 3 different school districts! and 2 private psychiatrist - over the
past 6 yrs) **(the school he was in when his mother and I were together -
the school district I was in when we split - and the one I bought my new
home in) - I am not in the habit of moving a lot just sometimes
circumstances require it - as in divorce - cant buy a home in the state of
Michigan without the woman's signature if your legally married so I had to
wait for the divorce to be final before I could buy another home. (some
crazy drollery right law from the 50's) may have misspelled that. even
though the woman can legally without the husband - another example of a
sexist society!

Old January 9th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in message
I'm Michigan a child (of 17) can legally move out of the parents home
(even if against parents wishes) and move where they want, yet the parent
can be held in contempt for NON-visitation of the other parent.

Then Robert, simply force them to charge you with contempt and let them
prove they are acting in the best interest of the children.

Chances are, nothing will happen if the kids don't see the mother as she
woudl have to file the contempt charges.
Would she dare do this in the state that she is in?

Old January 10th 07, 04:21 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"just some guy" wrote in message
Some states have a statute where the child can, while not being legal
age of majority, make some decisions on their own. I believe Maryland
has such a ruling and the age is 15.

Other states have a prevalent ruling where most judges will grant the
child the right to decide. In North Carolina I believe that is
somewhere around 14 or 15.

So long as the parent is the one putting food in the child's mouth, then it
ought to be the PARENT, not the child, who makes such decisions! Just my lil
ole' opinion.........

I hope that helps

-j

Old January 14th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.child-support
Robert - Michigan

They are old enough to feed themselves. They know how to work
utensiles..lol

SO your telling me that if my child oh lets say 22 is still living at home
and having to rely on me that he or she would still be forced to see the
parent they no longer want contact with?

Just a bit of info my middle child has asperger and well.. he may very well
be unable to get substantial employement for some time after he turns 18 if
ever!

Robert

Old January 17th 07, 07:12 AM posted to alt.child-support
Chris

"Robert - Michigan" wrote in message
. ..
They are old enough to feed themselves. They know how to work
utensiles..lol

SO your telling me that if my child oh lets say 22 is still living at home
and having to rely on me that he or she would still be forced to see the
parent they no longer want contact with?

If you're still providing for them, then YOU call the shots. I don't give a
rip if they're SIXTY two,