Premenstrual spotting

Old May 17th 04, 03:52 PM
Kate

Default Premenstrual spotting

My dh and I are ttc. Is premenstrual spotting normal or not? In
March and April I only had 1 spotting day the followed by AF, but this
month I had 2 spotting days. The flow is normal. Usually I feel the
pain around ovulation, then feel bloating and pain again 1 week before
AF until the 2nd day. I am doing bbt chart as well. My temperature
stays high after ovulation around 98.4F for 10 days and then drops
down to 97.9F on spotting days and 97.5 on my first day. Am I normal?
Do I have to see a doctor about spotting? Please advise.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kate
Old May 17th 04, 08:02 PM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 17 May 2004 07:52:36 -0700, Kate wrote:

My dh and I are ttc. Is premenstrual spotting normal or not? In
March and April I only had 1 spotting day the followed by AF, but this
month I had 2 spotting days. The flow is normal. Usually I feel the
pain around ovulation, then feel bloating and pain again 1 week before
AF until the 2nd day. I am doing bbt chart as well. My temperature
stays high after ovulation around 98.4F for 10 days and then drops
down to 97.9F on spotting days and 97.5 on my first day. Am I normal?

Yep, perfectly normal. I sometimes have a bit of spotting two to three
days before my period starts. If you really have only 10 days of high
temps, this is a bit on the short side. So if you want something to worry
about, I'd take that. However, even though it is short, for me it is
usually enough

Your temps look fine to me. Both the rise and the drop can take a bit of
time and are not always instantly (within a day). This differs each cycle
and between women, so you just have to figure out what is normal for you.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)

Old May 17th 04, 08:06 PM
Sophie

My dh and I are ttc. Is premenstrual spotting normal or not? In
March and April I only had 1 spotting day the followed by AF, but this
month I had 2 spotting days. The flow is normal. Usually I feel the
pain around ovulation, then feel bloating and pain again 1 week before
AF until the 2nd day. I am doing bbt chart as well. My temperature
stays high after ovulation around 98.4F for 10 days and then drops
down to 97.9F on spotting days and 97.5 on my first day. Am I normal?

Yep, perfectly normal. I sometimes have a bit of spotting two to three
days before my period starts. If you really have only 10 days of high
temps, this is a bit on the short side. So if you want something to worry
about, I'd take that. However, even though it is short, for me it is
usually enough

I had an 8 to 10 day luteal phase. It was too short for me but Wild Yam
helped.

Old May 18th 04, 11:34 PM
Kate

Thank you very much for your advice. You are right my luteal phase is
short. I think it is afftected by bcp. I've never seen spotting
before I took the pills (I stopped taking it 4 months ago). I booked
an appointment with my doctor already but she is fully booked until
next Thursday. I read that soy bean has similar effect on
progesterone like wild yam. Is it a good idea to increase tofu, soy
milk in my diet?

Thanks,

Kate

spotting while brestfeeding Jtrlthomp Pregnancy 7 April 14th 04 08:19 PM
spotting and the pill exxos Pregnancy 3 December 2nd 03 10:33 PM
Another spotting question Elizabeth H Bonesteel Pregnancy 7 November 4th 03 10:00 PM
Help! Spotting question Mary W. Pregnancy 2 September 8th 03 07:15 PM
Spotting in early pg D Pregnancy 10 August 5th 03 11:49 PM