Ultrasound today and questions

Old October 29th 03, 01:01 AM
Taulmaril

Default Ultrasound today and questions

I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally know what
my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby and I just
assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed that but I did. I
don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice on boy related topics or
point me in the direction of boy baby related articles. Thanks in advance

Taulmaril
EDD 03/19/04

Old October 29th 03, 02:56 AM
Erin

Congrats! When my best friend got pregnant she also always envisioned that
she'd have a girl, and was a little out of sorts for awhile when she learned
she was going to have a son instead. She was afraid she wouldn't be able to
relate to his thought process and actions as easily as she could do with a
girl. But you know what? In the day-to-day caring for him she realized
early on that there isn't much difference between a girl and boy infant.
And later on when there were some sex-related differences, she already had a
great relationship with her son, so she understood him and didn't find
having a boy weird anymore.

I was just the opposite: Up until I had an ultrasound at 22 weeks I kept
thinking I must be carrying a boy ... probably because I have two little
nephews but no nieces, so that's what I'm used to. Finding out that my Sea
Monkey is a girl was a big "Woah, really?" moment!

Happy gestating. -- Erin, edd 10/27 (Yep, one day overdue and counting ...)

Old October 29th 03, 03:51 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Taulmaril wrote:

I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally know what
my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby and I just
assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed that but I did. I
don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice on boy related topics or
point me in the direction of boy baby related articles. Thanks in advance

There really isn't anything to know. Babies
are babies. By the time you can tell a difference,
boys will be old hat to you already ;-)

Congratulations,
Ericka

Old October 29th 03, 05:17 AM
toypup

"Taulmaril" wrote in message
I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally know

what
my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby and I just
assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed that but I did. I
don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice on boy related topics

or
point me in the direction of boy baby related articles. Thanks in advance

I thought I was having a girl and so did everyone else. DS is such a joy
that I couldn't imagine him being a girl. Don't worry, you'll get used to
the idea real quick.

Old October 29th 03, 03:18 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

In article ,
Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Taulmaril wrote:

I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally know what
my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby and I just
assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed that but I did. I
don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice on boy related topics or
point me in the direction of boy baby related articles. Thanks in advance

There really isn't anything to know. Babies
are babies. By the time you can tell a difference,
boys will be old hat to you already ;-)

Well, I understand you need to know to take extra care during diaper
changes :*)

-Liz

Old October 29th 03, 04:23 PM
Ilse Witch

Taulmaril wrote:
I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally know what
my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby and I just
assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed that but I did. I
don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice on boy related topics or
point me in the direction of boy baby related articles. Thanks in advance

Taulmaril
EDD 03/19/04

Don't worry, boy babies are pretty similar to girl babies in their
needs and behaviour. I thought DS was a girl until he was born. It
took me a couple of days to get used to the idea, but I don't love
him any less for it and caring for him is no different.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (15m)

Old October 29th 03, 05:19 PM
Fer

"Liz S. Reynolds" wrote in message
In article ,
Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Taulmaril wrote:

I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally know

what
my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby and I just
assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed that but I did.

don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice on boy related

topics or
point me in the direction of boy baby related articles. Thanks in

advance

There really isn't anything to know. Babies
are babies. By the time you can tell a difference,
boys will be old hat to you already ;-)

Well, I understand you need to know to take extra care during diaper
changes :*)

-Liz

LMAO Isn't that the truth! And I agree with Ericka, babies are babies and
you'll learn as he grows :-)

--

Jenn
-WAHM

Old October 29th 03, 05:51 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Liz S. Reynolds wrote:

In article ,
Ericka Kammerer wrote:

There really isn't anything to know. Babies
are babies. By the time you can tell a difference,
boys will be old hat to you already ;-)

Well, I understand you need to know to take extra care during diaper
changes :*)

Yeah, okay, I'll buy that one ;-) Genevieve has
made a mess of the changing table, but she never got me
in the face like the boys did in a careless moment ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 29th 03, 06:55 PM
jjmoreta

Taulmaril wrote:
I had my ultrasound today. It's a boy! While I'm happy to finally
know what my baby is I'm a little freaked out. This is my first baby
and I just assumed it would be a girl. I don't know why I assumed
that but I did. I don't know anything about boy babies. I need advice
on boy related topics or point me in the direction of boy baby
related articles. Thanks in advance

Taulmaril
EDD 03/19/04

Congratulations! The only thing I can think of is that you'll need to make
a decision regarding circumcision in the next few months. I don't know if
you have a religious reason that would require it, but if not, make sure
that you discuss it thoroughly with your partner. Some men are really
passionate one way or the other, and some don't even care, but it can be a
contentious issue if only one of you is comfortable with the decision.

If you think you might not want a circumcision, but aren't sure, here's a
website with a lot of articles on circumcision. I will warn you that this
is a very biased anti-circumcision website, but it has the most
comprehensive list of articles saying why you may not want to that I have
found anywhere. You can get pro-circumcision articles from your doctor or
from most pregnancy books (I haven't seen ANY brochures, magazines, or books
suggest why I may not want to get it done).

http://groups.msn.com/APhearts/circumcision.msnw - Reasons not to circumsize

Other than circumcision and being careful to shield yourself with a diaper
when changing (when cold air hits the cannon it often shoots straight up),
there's not any real differences until they get to be school age, and even
then people debate what differences there are.

- Joanne
#1 - 38w1d (having a boy)

Old October 30th 03, 12:36 AM
Taulmaril

Thank you Joanne. This is just the kind of thing that I knew I would think
about but need to be informed about. I hadn't even contemplated
circumcision. Thank you for the link.

Taulmaril
EDD 03/19/04

#1 - 38w1d (having a boy)