Who's Up for A Low Carb Meet and Greet???

Old October 29th 03, 07:43 PM
Carol Ann

Default Who's Up for A Low Carb Meet and Greet???

Let's start thinking about it!

I'm available December, January, February and early March.

Where would YOU like to meet?

I'm in Georgia, so Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Carolina....all good for me!

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge!

Old October 29th 03, 07:45 PM
JennP

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Let's start thinking about it!

I'm available December, January, February and early March.

Where would YOU like to meet?

I'm in Georgia, so Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Carolina....all good for me!

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge!

Whoops! Was this meant for the other group Carol Ann? Who knows, you may get
some takers from m.k.p.!
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 29th 03, 07:46 PM
Carol Ann

Wrong newsgroup, so sorry!

Old October 29th 03, 11:54 PM

Actually I was curious, I'm glad you posted that here so I could bring it
up! Are you eating low carb while you are pregnant? I feel a lot better when
I eat low carb...I don't do Atkins-diet-strict, that's too extreme for me,
but in general I feel a lot better when I do avoid as much of the refined
carbs as much as I can.

I am not doing low-carb while pregnant because I don't know how, and am
having a hard enough time eating that I just eat whatever I can keep down-
sometimes all can eat is raisin bran cereal in milk, I have a much harder
time eating cheese and meat...

But when I cut out the bread and pasta and potatoes I feel so much better.
link.net...

Old October 30th 03, 10:12 AM
Tatjana Farkin

"J" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. com...
Actually I was curious, I'm glad you posted that here so I could bring

it
up! Are you eating low carb while you are pregnant?

There's a Yahoo Group for pregnant and nursing low-carbers, maybe they
could help?

Tatjana
PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years

Old October 30th 03, 05:03 PM
Carol Ann

:
: I am not doing low-carb while pregnant because I don't know how, and am
: having a hard enough time eating that I just eat whatever I can keep down-
: sometimes all can eat is raisin bran cereal in milk, I have a much harder
: time eating cheese and meat...
:
: But when I cut out the bread and pasta and potatoes I feel so much better.

I agree that when you cut out the processed high carby foods, you do feel
better. However, I have let myself go when it comes to eating.

I am eating pasta, bread and grains and cereals. The problem with me in is
the sugars. I must stay away from them. I've noticed that I am not able to
control my blood sugar because I've been a bit sloppy.

I've gained 10lbs already! I need to cut out the sugar, white breads and
processed foods!!!

~Carol Ann

Old October 30th 03, 05:21 PM
Carol Ann

Thank you for the link to the Atkids Group!

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge!

"Tatjana Farkin" wrote in message
:
: "J" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
: . com...
: Actually I was curious, I'm glad you posted that here so I could bring
: it
: up! Are you eating low carb while you are pregnant?
:
: There's a Yahoo Group for pregnant and nursing low-carbers, maybe they
: could help?
:
:
: --
: Tatjana
: PCOS - TTC #1 for 2 years
:
:

Old October 30th 03, 08:22 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

In article ,
J wrote:
Actually I was curious, I'm glad you posted that here so I could bring it
up! Are you eating low carb while you are pregnant? I feel a lot better when
I eat low carb...I don't do Atkins-diet-strict, that's too extreme for me,
but in general I feel a lot better when I do avoid as much of the refined
carbs as much as I can.

I am not doing low-carb while pregnant because I don't know how, and am
having a hard enough time eating that I just eat whatever I can keep down-
sometimes all can eat is raisin bran cereal in milk, I have a much harder
time eating cheese and meat...

I lost around 20 pounds on low-carb (Protein Power) a few years ago, and
kept it off 2 years, till my first pregnancy. Then I went on the "things
which don't make me sick" diet, followed by the "things which aren't nailed
down" diet :*)

My dr told me to make sure to get plenty of carbs, I try to get as much
whole-grain and veggies as possible and not worry too much. Those ice-cream
and cookie cravings are pretty fierce though...

-Liz

Old November 1st 03, 04:25 PM

"Carol Ann" wrote
I've gained 10lbs already! I need to cut out the sugar, white breads and
processed foods!!!

I wouldn't worry about normal weight gain during pregnancy...but cutting out
sugars, isn't that supposed to help prevent gestational diabetes..or is
there nothing you can do to prevent that?

Old November 2nd 03, 02:01 AM
Valerie Rake

AFAIK, they used to say that eating too much sugar caused diabetes, and
thus, cutting out sugars would reduce the chances of GD. However, these
days I think they believe that sugar itself is not all that different
from other simple carbohydrates, and that the causes of diabetes
(gestational or otherwise) are only related to diet in the sense that
being overweight increases your risk of having it.

Of course, I could be totally wrong here....

Valerie

"Carol Ann" wrote