Celeb birth - McCartney

Old October 30th 03, 12:15 PM
Sophie

Default Celeb birth - McCartney

Heather Mills-McCartney and Paul McCartney had a baby girl - Beatrice Milly.

(How could they use one of my fave names? Guess I'll have to take Beatrice
off my list.)

Old October 30th 03, 12:48 PM
Sophie

Here's the article -

McCartney baby born early
Sir Paul McCartney's wife Heather Mills has given birth to a daughter,
three weeks earlier than planned.

Beatrice Milly McCartney, weighing seven pounds, was delivered at a
hospital in north London on Tuesday.

The former Beatle, who was present at the birth, and his wife said
afterwards that they were "ecstatic".

Sir Paul, 61, already has three grown-up children and married Mills, 35,
in June 2001.

There were reports in the newspapers that the couple were celebrating
the birth of a son but these were soon dismissed.

'Doing well'

A statement issued by the couple said: "Heather and Paul McCartney are
delighted to announce the birth of their baby daughter Beatrice Milly
McCartney.

"The baby, who arrived three weeks early, weighed in at a healthy 7lbs
and both she and mum are doing well.

"They said, 'She is a little beauty and we couldn't be prouder'."

The baby is named after Heather Mills' mother Beatrice and Sir Paul's
aunt Milly.

"They added, 'Our immediate family were told the news right away and are
all as overjoyed as we are at the early arrival of our little bundle of
joy'."

Heather's father Mark said he was delighted at the birth of his first
grandchild.

The 62-year-old is reported to have fallen out with his daughter but he
said he hoped the new baby could bring them together again.

Proud

The new grandfather said: "This is my first one and it is a grand time
for me and I love the new baby.

"I am very proud of my daughter and what she has achieved."

The couple announced in May that they were expecting a child.

Three months earlier she had told TV interviewer Michael Parkinson that
there was little chance she would be able to conceive.

"The chances of me getting pregnant are about that much," she said,
holding her thumb and finger an inch apart.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...nt/3226379.stm

Published: 2003/10/30 11:32:29 GMT

Old October 30th 03, 07:31 PM
JennP

"Sophie" wrote in message
Heather Mills-McCartney and Paul McCartney had a baby girl - Beatrice

Milly.

(How could they use one of my fave names? Guess I'll have to take Beatrice
off my list.)

Huh. I thought it was a boy and named Joseph. I could *swear* I read that on
a.g.c.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 30th 03, 07:33 PM
JennP

"Sophie" wrote in message

There were reports in the newspapers that the couple were celebrating
the birth of a son but these were soon dismissed.

Ah, I thought I was going crazy there. Should have read the whole thread.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old October 30th 03, 07:56 PM
Taniwha grrrl

Sophie wrote:

Heather Mills-McCartney and Paul McCartney had a baby

girl - Beatrice
Milly.

Oh yay congrats to them, 7lb was a good size for 3 weeks
early. Maybe Milly was chosen to carry on her Mills name?

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old October 30th 03, 09:12 PM
Daye

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:48:42 -0500, "Sophie"
wrote:

McCartney baby born early

Wasn't Reese Witherspoon's baby delivered early too?

I was under the impression that Heather, Reese and I were all due
around the same time. For them, December and for me, Jan. Now, they
have had their babies, and mine isn't due for another 10 weeks.

Was I just wrong about my impressions?

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old October 30th 03, 09:20 PM
SuperEeyore

"Daye" wrote in message

I was under the impression that Heather, Reese and I were all due
around the same time. For them, December and for me, Jan. Now, they
have had their babies, and mine isn't due for another 10 weeks.

Was I just wrong about my impressions?

you are probably right, but many celebs change the info the give out about
due dates by months to avoid the paparazzi and stalker fans.

Laurel

Old October 30th 03, 09:28 PM
Sophie

"SuperEeyore" wrote in message

"Daye" wrote in message

I was under the impression that Heather, Reese and I were all due
around the same time. For them, December and for me, Jan. Now, they
have had their babies, and mine isn't due for another 10 weeks.

Was I just wrong about my impressions?

you are probably right, but many celebs change the info the give out about
due dates by months to avoid the paparazzi and stalker fans.

Laurel

Reese looked HUGE to not be due till December. I think some celebs lie too.
I can't blame them.
Reese said December. Mills said November.

Old October 30th 03, 11:24 PM
Irene

"Sophie" wrote in message ...
Heather Mills-McCartney and Paul McCartney had a baby girl - Beatrice Milly.

(How could they use one of my fave names? Guess I'll have to take Beatrice
off my list.)

Well, it's our girl middle name, so I don't feel any need to take that
off the list! The chances of anyone associating the two are pretty
remote. I feel worse that recent acquaintances of ours just used our
first name! But, they are using a different nickname (Gwen for
Gwendolyn vs Wendy) so I feel ok about still using it.

Irene
Old October 30th 03, 11:39 PM
Sophie

Well, it's our girl middle name, so I don't feel any need to take that
off the list! The chances of anyone associating the two are pretty
remote.

*I* will have the association - lol.

I feel worse that recent acquaintances of ours just used our
first name!

Oh no. Did they know you liked the name?

But, they are using a different nickname (Gwen for
Gwendolyn vs Wendy) so I feel ok about still using it.

Irene

Wendy is a nickname for Gwendolyn? Love Gwendolyn BTW