result of my antenatal screening for down's syndrome and neural tubedefects

Old November 1st 03, 10:42 AM
pcb

Default result of my antenatal screening for down's syndrome and neural tubedefects

Hi,

I've been really busy with work and all so I haven't had a chance to
post the results of my screening. The screening involves a blood test
and an ultra sound at the first visit and then another blood test when
you're in or have passed the 15-16th week.

I got the results 2 weeks ago and was really happy with it. DH and I
have decided against having an amnio since the results were so good. We
realize this doesn't mean our baby doesn't have any defects, but the
risk is less than that of having an amnio.

Some background info: I'm 39, will be 40 at EDD. This is our first
child. Here are the results: (I haven't had a chance to meet with the
GP yet, so I'm not sure exactly what each thing means, but if anyone
here does I'd appreciate an explanation. What I do know is that I
screen negative and my ratio is very good for my age group and that's
what I was most worried about.)

MS-AFP level 26.0 iu/mL 0.99 MoM
uE3 level 2.46 nmol/L 0.96 MoM
Free beta-hCG level 18.60 ng/mL 0.89 MoM
Inhibin-A level 173.9 pg/mL 0.90 MoM
Nuchal measurement 2.1 mm 1.75 MoM
PAPP-A level 2970miu/L 1.11 MoM

Risk of Down's 1 in 1,100

This was such a great relief since I had been initially told that for my
age group I was 1:100.

pcb

Old November 1st 03, 05:02 PM
Carol Ann

:: MS-AFP level 26.0 iu/mL 0.99 MoM
:: uE3 level 2.46 nmol/L 0.96 MoM
:: Free beta-hCG level 18.60 ng/mL 0.89 MoM
:: Inhibin-A level 173.9 pg/mL 0.90 MoM
:: Nuchal measurement 2.1 mm 1.75 MoM
:: PAPP-A level 2970miu/L 1.11 MoM
::
:: Risk of Down's 1 in 1,100
::
:: This was such a great relief since I had been initially told that for my
:: age group I was 1:100.

How nice that you received all of your stats AND that they are good! I
didn't get my stats. I just received the results. My tri-screen was
positive for downs, so I took the amnio this past Monday.

I'm still awaiting the results. I am totally miserable about the entire
experience at this point.....

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old November 1st 03, 06:15 PM
pcb

Carol Ann wrote:

How nice that you received all of your stats AND that they are good! I
didn't get my stats. I just received the results. My tri-screen was
positive for downs, so I took the amnio this past Monday.

I'm still awaiting the results. I am totally miserable about the entire
experience at this point.....

~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Carol Ann

I know things have been really difficult for you lately, but try not to
be miserable. I'm sure your test results will show you that you have
nothing to worry about. Do you know when they'll have your results? In
the mean time, think positive thoughts for your own sake and that of
your baby.

pcb

Old November 1st 03, 06:48 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Carol Ann wrote:

How nice that you received all of your stats AND that they are good! I
didn't get my stats. I just received the results. My tri-screen was
positive for downs, so I took the amnio this past Monday.

You may want to get in the habit of asking for a copy
of any test results. It's a very good habit to get into.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old November 2nd 03, 12:07 AM
Carol Ann

::: How nice that you received all of your stats AND that they are good! I
::: didn't get my stats. I just received the results. My tri-screen was
::: positive for downs, so I took the amnio this past Monday.
:::
::: I'm still awaiting the results. I am totally miserable about the entire
::: experience at this point.....
:::
::: ~Carol Ann
::: www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the Monthly Weightloss Challenge
:::
:::
:: Carol Ann
::
:: I know things have been really difficult for you lately, but try not to
:: be miserable. I'm sure your test results will show you that you have
:: nothing to worry about. Do you know when they'll have your results? In
:: the mean time, think positive thoughts for your own sake and that of
:: your baby.
::
:: pcb

Thank you pcb. I have an ob appointment this upcoming Thursday. I'm hoping
to hear something by then.