I have had my baby!!!

Old August 1st 07, 12:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ebony Stares

Default I have had my baby!!!

Hey Everyone,

I had my second baby ( Girl, Georgia Maddison ) 3 weeks early on the 5th of
June, which I guess is better than my son ( Joshua James, now three ) who
was born six weeks early after complications with pre eclampsia...
Luckily this time she wasn't that early and I was able to have an active
birth instead of being on my back for the whole thing.
On June 4th I came down with a virus which included throwing up, I has very
unwell all day, especially since I was 37 weeks pregnant, and I was getting
pains in my stomach all day, kind of like labour pains. I ignored it
thinking it was just braxton hicks ( I had gone into hospital the week
before thinking i was in labour and it turned out to be braxton hicks and i
felt stupid ) but it gradually got worse until I couldn't get comfortable
very easily. I was laying on the couch that night watching TV and I realised
I was bleeding! My partner and I went straight into the hospital and i was
checked to see if my cervix was dialating, it wasn't but because I was
bleeding they wanted to keep me in over night.
Six in the morning I woke up and oh boy was I having some major pains. The
doctor came in at about seven and by this stage I couldn't sit, stand or
walk, I was in agony!
They decided to check me again and I was half way dialated! When they told
my I just burst into tears, remembering what I had gone through giving birth
the first time, I was so scared.
I ended up on my knees in the shower, and let me tell you, it is so much
easier to give birth in the upright position!
My partner does not have a strong stomach but did a fantastic job supporting
me through the labour, and didn't even complain when my waters broke on his
legs in the shower, hehe.
My daughter was born at 10:45 that morning weighing 6 pounds, the doctors
tell me that my vomiting whilst sick probably hurried things along abit and
that is why she came 3 weeks early.

Now she is 8 weeks old and has been perfectly behaved up until a few days
ago...all she wants now is to be held, rocked, fed, burped...she is not
happy unless I am physically doing something with her and I can't be with
her all the time, I have housework and a 3 year old son to take care of too.
Any ideas on how to break this would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you

Sometimes I wonder what I have got myself into, hehe.
I am only 20 with two kids, a partner and a house to look after. I don't
think i would have it any other way though

:-) Ebony

Old August 1st 07, 09:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Ebony Stares" wrote in message
Hey Everyone,

I had my second baby ( Girl, Georgia Maddison ) 3 weeks early on the 5th
of June, which I guess is better than my son ( Joshua James, now three )
who was born six weeks early after complications with pre eclampsia...
Luckily this time she wasn't that early and I was able to have an active
birth instead of being on my back for the whole thing.

snip
My daughter was born at 10:45 that morning weighing 6 pounds, the doctors
tell me that my vomiting whilst sick probably hurried things along abit
and that is why she came 3 weeks early.

Congratulations!

#2 was like that for me. I used to put her in the sling and just get on
playing with #1 (aged 3!) or the housework. It worked well.
#3 now is equally happy just lying under the gym and bopping his toys. I
guess it's personality. It's certainly nothing different I've done.

Debbie

Old August 2nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Ebony Stares" wrote in message
Hey Everyone,

I had my second baby ( Girl, Georgia Maddison ) 3 weeks early on the 5th
of June, which I guess is better than my son ( Joshua James, now three )
who was born six weeks early after complications with pre eclampsia...
Luckily this time she wasn't that early and I was able to have an active
birth instead of being on my back for the whole thing.

Congrats!

[...]

At least it's all done and over with! Congrats again!
My DD2 came a little early as well, and I believe due to similar
circumstances. We were ALL sick with that norovirus (sp?) one day, and it
lasted in the house, going through everyone, for 2 days. I did catch it and
I was sick as a dog. 2 days later I was in active labor and DD2 was born
right after I had gotten over being sooo sick.

Now she is 8 weeks old and has been perfectly behaved up until a few days
ago...all she wants now is to be held, rocked, fed, burped...she is not
happy unless I am physically doing something with her and I can't be with
her all the time, I have housework and a 3 year old son to take care of
too. Any ideas on how to break this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you

No ideas on how to "break" it, but maybe a few suggestions.
Try a sling/wrap/some sort of carrier. This might make your life just a bit
easier, at least for the time being. DD2 is 9 months old, weighs just over
18lbs and will not let me out of her sight regardless. I have learned it's
just far easier to mop floors, do the dishes, vacuum, pick up with DD2 tied
to me (now that she's bigger, I wear her on my back, most often in a mei
tai) It keeps her happy and content, and she very well might be "spoiled"
but it works for me and I don't mind. The crying and screaming bothers me a
LOT more than carrying her around all the time.
Another thing you can try is just to let her be. If she screams, let her.
If you do not want to carry her around all the time or can't, then don't.
Set up the swing, bouncy chair, cradle, whatever in the room you want or
need to be in. Stay within sight but let her lay and kick around not being
carried. Also leave her with other people as often as possible. This could
be Dad, an uncle or aunt, Grandma or Grandma or just a good, close friend
you trust.

Sometimes I wonder what I have got myself into, hehe.
I am only 20 with two kids, a partner and a house to look after. I don't
think i would have it any other way though

I wonder the same thing, only I've just turned 24 and have one that is 7.5,
another that is 6.5, one turning 2 on Saturday and one that just turned 9
months. Oh, and also there's DH too. I'm also the only one that feeds DS's
cat, I'm the one that feeds the fish and does the dishes. We'd all be
eating off a dirty floor if I didn't. We'd all also be walking around in
very dirty clothes, if at all, if I didn't do the laundry. Welcome to the
adult world of being a partner and parent! It's not so bad. The rewards
definitely outweigh everything else. That's IMO, of course!
I also wouldn't have it any other way... If it was left to N (DH) to do, the
kids would be extremely dirty inside and out. The house would be disgusting
and probably infested with flies. Laundry would be replaced with new before
it was washed. Hm... He probably wouldn't even get up to go to work if I
wasn't there to make sure he made it out to the truck! The kids would be
eating cookies and scrounging Cheerios off the floor, that is, of course,
assuming there was even a few groceries bought. Then everyone would have to
move out of the house and into a box because living isn't free, and hm...
Guess who actually physically goes and pays the bills and makes sure they're
paid?
Really, I wouldn't change much at all with how my life is, even if I had the
chance. I might try and see if he could help out a bit more, but even that
would probably be pushing it LOL
It will get easier before it gets hard again. Sounds like you're doing a
great job.

:-) Ebony