Well, it's finally the end.

Old September 15th 08, 03:13 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default Well, it's finally the end.

So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.
He took off once again on Friday - just, I guess, decided he either didn't
feel like coming home after work or perhaps he forgot where home was. Well,
now he's homeless (lol) and not coming back.
Disappeared Friday. Yesterday (Sunday) he calls just before 9am. When the
phone rang, I saw it was this guy that somewhat recently started working
with him, and the ONLY reason I picked up was because I thought it was this
guy looking for N, and I was going to tell him sorry, N doesn't live here
anymore and no, I'm not able to take a message. Turns out it was actually N
calling.

What a joke THAT pathetic excuse of a convo was, but... Right away he said
to me something along the lines of, "Um, well, I guess we need to figure
things out" - and me being downright fed up with all this crap over and over
and over again (I believe this is the 5th or so time he's pulled this since
July 1st alone) I kind of exploded. I told him *WE* don't need to figure
anything out. I told him I've figured out all I want to figure out and I
figure he's not welcome back here. I don't want him back here and I don't
need this garbage he pulls far too often. I don't know of anyone that just
doesn't come home from work and leaves their family sitting around like a
dummy wondering where they are. Wondering if they're alright, where they
are, who they're with, maybe they're even bleeding to death in a ditch
somewhere...
So then after I had a slight explosion (there was no yelling, however) he
said something like, "Yea, I guess I'm going to move out" and all I said
was what a wonderful idea that was, and it was something *I* should have
figured out almost 4 years ago. This disappearing and taking off for days
and days (and sometimes even weeks) seems to be typical behaviour of his,
and it's funny - his mother thinks there's nothing wrong with it. Then
again, take a good look at her life, and his brother's and sister's as
well...

So yesterday morning, on the phone, the convo was fairly short and
pointless. I said a few things that were on my mind and it was about 15
mins in length at the most. He then said something like, "is it alright if
I call you later today? Keep in touch?" I remember saying whatever, I
didn't care, but I was busy today - reminded him that after all the football
yesterday, there was more football stuff today - and tomorrow and the next.
He then just asked if he could call the cell and again, I said I really
don't care - and I don't think I did care.

Well... while I was out, I see he had tried calling the house a few hours
later, around noon. Then he called my cell around 6ish, I think it might
have been. I didn't answer. Knew it was him, but I don't answer blocked
calls (and he knows that)
Then there's a knock on the back door - guess who! Now that's another
story.

He ended up asking for some guy's phone number that he was working with a
week or two ago that still has his tools and I looked it up on the phone.
He also asked for the bank card and that ipod charger cord thing. Clearly
the more important things to him. I told him I wanted his stuff out and
sooner than later. He said Tuesday, I, once again, told him he knows DS has
football Tuesday nights, so he's supposed to be here Wednesday. I'll have
his stuff ready. Just the personal items like clothes and such. I'm NOT
ripping the house apart to find each and every little item he has - I'll
just get all the main stuff.
He told me he has to try and find someone - his boss, he said - to help him
so he has a ride (N doesn't drive or anything and I am not his moving
service - ha) He also said he needs to find somewhere to store his stuff
for a while as he doesn't have anywhere to go. I told him to just bring it
home (to his whatever new home) and he said he doesn't have one yet, he's
just staying here and there for the time being. I really don't care,
though, actually.

Sometime yesterday, he said something about he would like it if I went to
visit him - to which I replied I have no desire to visit with him, and there
is NO way I will ever bring the kids to some random drug/flop house that he
stays at. There will be a blizzard in hell before that happens. And I told
him that.
But. He is more than welcome to come here to visit the kids or it's always
a possibility to meet somewhere - a park, a restaurant, whatever - but I
will not bring the kids to the drug houses/flop houses that I know he will
be at often enough. He's more than welcome to come here, although NOT
welcome to just show up at random and uninvited or unannounced.

Also, while I was talking to a friend, she had said that if that was her,
she'd not want her kids to see him right away. Let things settle and all
first. She said she might have even gone so far as to make sure he was
settled - actually had a place to live first - and then deal with that. For
N, I really don't think he'd care. It was just last summer that he
disappeared out of nowhere for almost the entire summer. Just didn't come
home and disappeared. He wouldn't return my calls if I did call, wouldn't
call period. So, really, I don't think this friend's suggestion is too far
out to lunch, but I'm not sure. I just don't want the kids to CONSTANTLY
see him turning his back on them. Maybe come one day, not call or come for
a month, then come another day or two or whatever.

But for this whole situation. After all I feel I have been hurt with this
(and not just the last couple days but off and on the last couple years) I
don't want or need anything to do with him. Nothing. I do believe that the
kids do, though. And that it's not MY position to stop them from seeing
him - kids seem to be smart... they'll draw their own conclusions one way or
another down the line.
What is the right thing to do with a situation like this? I mean as far as
the kids go? He's supposed to call and stop by Wednesday - and I'm going to
ask him to come in the evening once the kids are in bed, and if that doesn't
work for him, I'll make it another day and time that I can get someone to
watch the kids. They DON'T need this just yet. I'm not exactly sure how to
go with this... Any suggestions would be welcome, and as always, I'll take
what I feel I can use (even with a grain of salt! lol) and leave the rest.
Mainly because although there has been a suggestion or two about it, I
really don't know where I stand - other than, "Well, maybe THAT is an idea
or thought"

Old September 15th 08, 05:36 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article , Kat says...

What is the right thing to do with a situation like this? I mean as far as
the kids go? He's supposed to call and stop by Wednesday - and I'm going to
ask him to come in the evening once the kids are in bed, and if that doesn't
work for him, I'll make it another day and time that I can get someone to
watch the kids. They DON'T need this just yet. I'm not exactly sure how to
go with this... Any suggestions would be welcome, and as always, I'll take
what I feel I can use (even with a grain of salt! lol) and leave the rest.
Mainly because although there has been a suggestion or two about it, I
really don't know where I stand - other than, "Well, maybe THAT is an idea
or thought"

If this is truly the end, you don't let things hang and hang in limbo. If youre
married, you file for divorce. In whatever case, you seek legal counsel, one
aim of which is to have plan for visitation.

First call is to legal counsel.

Banty

Old September 15th 08, 05:41 PM posted to misc.kids
Sue

My only advice is to stay strong and not let him back again. As far as the
kids are concerned, does N want to see his kids? If he does, then supervised
visits at your house or other public place would be okay I guess.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old September 15th 08, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids
NL

Kat schrieb:
So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.

First: *hugs*
Second: I agree with Banty and Sue. First get legal counsel and then
make sure visits are supervised.
If he's taking drugs I'd personally get CPS or the police involved (I
don't know whose job it is to keep kids away from drug users) and make
sure he knows that he needs to turn up sober or not at all.
Third: Child support. Get that sorted out asap. He needs to take that
responsibility, too.

cu
nicole
Old September 16th 08, 10:42 AM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"Kat" wrote in message
So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.
He took off once again on Friday - just, I guess, decided he either didn't
feel like coming home after work or perhaps he forgot where home was.
Well, now he's homeless (lol) and not coming back.
Disappeared Friday. Yesterday (Sunday) he calls just before 9am. When
the phone rang, I saw it was this guy that somewhat recently started
working with him, and the ONLY reason I picked up was because I thought it
was this guy looking for N, and I was going to tell him sorry, N doesn't
live here anymore and no, I'm not able to take a message. Turns out it
was actually N calling.

snip
(((Hugs)))
Debbie

Old September 16th 08, 02:51 PM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Kat wrote:

So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.

Oh, sorry to hear this... I'd hoped that he would
have figured it out, but you are better off without
him. Be strong for the kids.

-- Anita --
Old September 16th 08, 10:41 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"Sue" wrote in message
My only advice is to stay strong and not let him back again. As far as the
kids are concerned, does N want to see his kids? If he does, then
supervised visits at your house or other public place would be okay I
guess.

I'm not going to let him back. Not any time soon. I suppose it's unfair to
tell him to get lost forever, or something. I do care about him. Yes, I do
love him. I have seen good sides of him. I still worry about him and all
that. I also know that when he wants to, he is a good friend, partner,
father, whatever. He needs some serious help, and if he's not willing to
get some help for himself, then there's nothing I can do about that. I
cannot change him or force him to change for me or anyone. And in all
honesty, I do think he needs to get himself some help on his own before WE
can get help, if need be.
I also don't think it's right or fair for the kids to lose out. I don't
know if he wants to see them or not. I would imagine he would. I know *I*
would, but then again, I can't even imagine just walking away and
disappearing for days or weeks on end and not calling, seeing my own
children... That thought just never came across my mind of something I'd
like to do in my life. I know even when I left DS over a weekend once with
my parents, I had to call home at least a couple times a day to just check
in. He was real little at the time, and I knew he'd be perfectly fine with
my parents, but still. I was still calling long distance daily to double
check LOL
When I went to Vegas with my mom for my 21st birthday, it was for 5 days, DS
was like 3 and staying with my aunt and uncle. Again, he was perfectly fine
and I had no doubts, but I still called when I could. I don't think I'd be
able to leave all the kids for more than a couple days, and even then, I'd
still call for sure.
I just don't think that right now is a good time, but I also don't know if
I'm wrong. I just have this feeling that I should let things carry on and
in time, let him come visit. I have absolutely no issues or problem with
him coming here to visit. None at all. I just have issues with him coming
here stoned or with his new and wonderful "buddies" hanging around on the
street. I also honestly think that it would be better/easier for the kids
if he didn't show his face around here for a bit. Really, when I think
about it, how would that idea be any different than him taking off for a few
weeks anyways? I just don't know if what I'm thinking or feeling is what is
really the right thing to do or not.

Sue (mom to three girls)

Old September 19th 08, 08:29 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

In article , "Kat" wrote:

So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.

I'm very sorry that it's ended like this instead of with him cleaning up his
act.

Along with everyone else, I vote you close your bank accounts and change your
locks asap. And I DO think you should contact the school, not just to discuss
the pickup issue but also to let them know that your kids might need a bit of
help for a while. But make VERY sure that you aren't going to be liable for
any of his debts and that he can't clean out your bank accounts or your house.
If another family member can be present when he collects his stuff, you might
be less likely to brain him (or vice versa).

Next step is social security -- as a single parent, you may be eligible for
some kind of support, or for higher rates of support than you have previously
been eligible for. Ditto for health insurance (public or private), and other
insurance policies you might have; might save some money to have one less
adult in the house/car.

One last issue is grandparents and other relatives on his side -- you will
have to work out some way for them to see the children. (Assuming they aren't
druggies and live close.)

Best wishes,

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

http://chookiesbackyard.blogspot.com/
Old September 19th 08, 10:25 AM posted to misc.kids
Eowyn

Kat wrote:
So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.

It sounds like this was a long time coming. I'm sorry to hear that you
have to deal with all this, but I do hope everything works out for the
best for you and the kids. I wish I could share advice, but this goes
beyond my experience, and legal things here (Europe) are probably quite
different from where you are.

Take care!

mom to DS (6yo)
mom to DS and DD (3yo)
guardian of DH (age classified)
and one tiny pea in the making
Old September 19th 08, 02:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article , "Kat" wrote:

So... long story short, after all is said and done, N is gone.

I'm very sorry that it's ended like this instead of with him cleaning up
his
act.

Maybe it's better like this. I know it's going to play out exactly like it
always does. He'll be back at the door and it will be the same thing. As
always, I can't say exactly when, but I definitely do think it will be the
same way he plays this game. This time, though, I will not play along. I
will not act the same way that I always have, even though I'm pretty sure he
will act as he always does (comes back, Oooh, I'm sorry... I screwed up...
I'm a loser... It won't happen again... I need help... and act like
everything is just fine)

Along with everyone else, I vote you close your bank accounts and change
your
locks asap. And I DO think you should contact the school, not just to
discuss
the pickup issue but also to let them know that your kids might need a bit
of
help for a while. But make VERY sure that you aren't going to be liable
for
any of his debts and that he can't clean out your bank accounts or your
house.
If another family member can be present when he collects his stuff, you
might
be less likely to brain him (or vice versa).

The bank accounts are dealt with, although with his account, I am such a
dummy. When he came here Sunday, I gave him his card... But I didn't write
the card numbers down to still be able to log in to his account online. I
had originally wanted to take off the bills that are on his account for
online banking and bill payment, but then I figure what for. He doesn't
have access to any of the bills. Every bill is in my name, so there's no
worry of him calling and disconnecting services or anything, and with the
bills, it has to be me calling. So the worst that could happen is he pays a
bill online - not that I think he would LOL
For his stuff, he said he'd call and pick it up on Wednesday. It's Friday
now and still no word. so forget that. I'm not going to make it easy and
convenient for him now. I'm not going to answer the phone for a little
while (a couple days at least) when he tries calling. Then I guess I'll let
him know that his stuff is outside the yard in bags and if he doesn't pick
them up soon, I will get rid of them. Or he can hope it doesn't rain or
something all over bagged clothes and papers lol
Maybe I'll see if my brother can come over here, but the problem with that
is that I don't ever know when N will show up. He said he'd call and come
get his stuff on Wednesday. It's more than likely going to be like every
other time with him just showing up, even though I specifically said I was
not interested in uninvited and unexpected visits from him lol

Next step is social security -- as a single parent, you may be eligible
for
some kind of support, or for higher rates of support than you have
previously
been eligible for. Ditto for health insurance (public or private), and
other
insurance policies you might have; might save some money to have one less
adult in the house/car.

I'd probably be eligible for welfare lol I already get the max for things
like the Child Tax Credit. The kids are covered fully with health insurance
due to us being under the max income line to be eligible. I am also
currently fighting with my health benefits as I am eligible for a similar
coverage for health due to income amount and I'm pregnant, but they're
giving me the runaround (long story) but I won't let this one go lol
He doesn't have a license, so he is not an issue on my car insurance, and
the house insurance, he is covered for his stuff because it didn't make any
difference on the cost of the policy. They said it went more on type of
dwelling and my broker told me it would pretty much be the same if I lived
here with 3 kids or with 3 adults. I think special circumstances are if you
don't have what would normally be expected in a normal house.

One last issue is grandparents and other relatives on his side -- you will
have to work out some way for them to see the children. (Assuming they
aren't
druggies and live close.)

LOL forget them. His brother is just like him. I've actually made it clear
well over a year ago that I don't want his brother around here. He and I
had some issues about a year and a half ago involving him coming to visit
(which I didn't mind) but his brother refusing to leave a backpack of dope
in his vehicle and keep it out of the house. So I just took the backpack
and put it outside, saying I didn't want a backpack of drugs in my house,
period. His brother and I pull ourselves together when we do see eachother
(like, say, if we see eachother at Christmas or something) but other than
that, no thanks. His mother hasn't seen the kids since DS's birthday - end
of Jan. She rarely calls, doesn't ever come over, so whatever with them.
In all honesty, I see no real big loss. The kids don't ever see her anyways,
but if she did call then I wouldn't have any issue with her coming here or
us going to see her if we were available. Same with his sister. Haven't
seen her face in so long I can't even remember the last time. They all live
in the city, though, so if none cared to see the kids before, I don't see
how that will change much at all.

Best wishes,

Finally! Bev Single Parents 5 August 20th 06 03:30 PM
and finally.... Anne Rogers Breastfeeding 6 July 17th 06 06:25 PM
Oh Joy! Finally. kane Spanking 0 October 15th 04 12:02 AM
finally! I had my 1st u/s Leinweber Pregnancy 1 May 15th 04 12:30 PM
He is finally doing it!!! badgirl Breastfeeding 2 July 19th 03 10:38 AM