Any else receive survey request?

Old March 28th 04, 07:44 PM
Jamie Clark

Default Any else receive survey request?

Hey, has anyone else here received the survey request from Ellis Godard, did
you do it, and is it legit?
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest, Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old March 28th 04, 08:07 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Jamie Clark wrote:
Hey, has anyone else here received the survey request from Ellis Godard, did
you do it, and is it legit?

I received it and deleted it.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/isabellazora/

~ Harriet Martineau

Old March 28th 04, 10:30 PM
A&G&K

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hey, has anyone else here received the survey request from Ellis Godard,

did
you do it, and is it legit?
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest,

Password:
Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

I received it and he does seem to check out wrt to research in sociology and
if his webpage about his child is fake, he's put a lot of work in.....
I said I would consider doing it, mainly because I know how frustrating it
can be to do a PhD.
HTH
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old March 29th 04, 02:43 AM
Lizajane

Hey, has anyone else here received the survey request from Ellis Godard, did
you do it, and is it legit?

I meant to research his credentials, and forgot. I doubt I will do it,
though. What about you?
Old April 1st 04, 01:32 AM
Ellis Godard

I of course wish you hadn't. May I ask why?

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:07:05 -0800, DeliciousTruffles
posted to
misc.kids.pregnancy:

Old April 1st 04, 01:35 AM
Ellis Godard

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:30:54 +1000, "A&G&K"
posted to misc.kids.pregnancy:
I received it and he does seem to check out wrt to research in sociology and
if his webpage about his child is fake, he's put a lot of work in.....

Yeah, over 300 photos of my son, many of them with me in it - that'd
be hard to fake.

Anyone with doubts may compare the photos of me at
http://www.netspace.org/~ellis/noah
to the photo of me on the Sociology Department website:
http://www.csun.edu/sociology/faculty.htm#Godard

P.S. Thanks for helping, AW!
Old April 1st 04, 01:48 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Ellis Godard wrote:

I of course wish you hadn't. May I ask why?

It was unsolicited therefore SPAM. If you would have posted a question
regarding your survey on the group, I might have considered it.

Old April 1st 04, 03:05 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

DeliciousTruffles wrote:
Ellis Godard wrote:

I of course wish you hadn't. May I ask why?

It was unsolicited therefore SPAM. If you would have posted a question
regarding your survey on the group, I might have considered it.

And for me, I thought it was spam simply because I didn't recognize the
name. I regularly trash anything that the spam filters don't catch if
the name is unrecognized.

Simply posting to the ng would have avoided this problem. Ellis, if
you're reading, consider it advice for the next time. :-)

Old April 4th 04, 03:55 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default I will take Ellis Godard's survey

Ellis,

I will take your survey - if you still want me to...

"Ellis Godard" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:30:54 +1000, "A&G&K"
posted to misc.kids.pregnancy:
I received it and he does seem to check out wrt to research in

sociology and
if his webpage about his child is fake, he's put a lot of work in.....

Yeah, over 300 photos of my son, many of them with me in it - that'd
be hard to fake.

Anyone with doubts may compare the photos of me at
http://www.netspace.org/~ellis/noah
to the photo of me on the Sociology Department website:
http://www.csun.edu/sociology/faculty.htm#Godard

Ellis Godard's Ph.D. Dissertation is: "The Moral Order of Cyberspace: Social
Structure and Conflict Management Online" (Donald Black, Chair)
http://www.csun.edu/~egodard/CV-EllisGodard.pdf

Since Prof. Donald Black is University Professor of the Social Sciences, he
may teach in any department or school at the University of Virginia...

I publicly asked Prof. Black to teach women at the University that OBs are
knowingly closing birth canals up to 30% and gruesomely manipulating most
babies' spines...

No response yet - not even from Ellis. (Note: Prof. Black could at least
teach the simple PROOF that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals up to
30%; see below.)

BEGIN Birth and Prof Black's 'pure sociology - no psychology or even

people as such'
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2397

PREGNANT WOMEN: OBs are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30% by using
semisitting and dorsal (woman-on-her-butt/back) delivery.

LADIES: It's EASY to offer your baby the "extra" up to 30%...

For simple instructions, see the very end of this post...

UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR DONALD BLACK

"Donald Black is the University Professor of the Social
Sciences...[which]...entitles him to teach
in any school or department of the University."
http://www.virginia.edu/sociology/pe...ogy/dblack.htm

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access at:

Donald Black
University Professor of the Social Sciences
University of Virginia
P.O. Box 400766, Cabell 532
Charlottesville, VA 22904
E-mail:
Phone: (434) 924-7551
Fax: (434) 924-7028

Donald,

USE your University Professor privileges to full advantage!

Help babies!

Teach PREGNANT WOMEN at University of Virginia what obstetricians will not
tell them - that obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30%
(see PROOF below)...

With birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%...

OBs are pushing violently on tiny spines (with oxytocin, Cytotec and PGE2)
and pulling gruesomely (with hands, forceps and vacuums)...

Some babies are dying, some are getting paralyzed - but most are "only"
suffering wrenched necks...

Sometimes OBs pull so hard they rip spinal nerves out of tiny spinal cords!

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly closed
up to 30%.

PREGNANT WOMEN: It's EASY to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up
to 30%.

See the very end of this post for simple instructions.

KEY POINT: Obstetricians aren't going to stop closing birth canals because
stopping the obvious crime would be tantamout to admitting it.

AT THE VERY LEAST, DONALD, please make sure pregnant women in **your own
family** are aware that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals - and how
easy it is for them to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra" up to
30%. (Again, see the simple instructions at the very end of this post.)

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS (long) Donald, here is the simple PROOF (from The Merck Manual) that MDs
and MBs are knowingly closing birth canals (up to 30% according to
radiographic studies)...

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

WHY are OBs and CNMwives (nurse midwives) waiting until the
head is
out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby maximum pelvic outlet
diameter?

WHY are we letting OBs and CNMwives force babies' heads through birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%?

(An estimated 4.6% of "healthy" term babies suffer unexplained brain bleeds!
And babies actually suffer DENTS in their skulls - "pingpong" skull
fractures - though most of these dents/"pingpong" fractures pop out.)

THE KICKER

OBs and CNMwives are
KEEPING birth canals closed when babies' shoulders get stuck!

The Merck Manual method for increasing the diameter of the pelvic
outlet - merely hyperflexing the mother's thighs - is BAD McRoberts
maneuver - and BAD McRoberts maneuver does not roll the woman off her sacrum
and therefore
does
NOT increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet!

See ACOG birth crime video evidence
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2300

WMPI/JASON GARDOSI, MD

Here are the simple grisly biomechanics of semisitting (and dorsal)
delivery clearly stated by Jason Gardosi, MD, director of the
British National Health Service/NHS West Midlands Perinatal
Institute/WMPI...

"...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum which is
therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-posterior diameter of
the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

Incredibly, the just quoted WMPI site states the grisly biomechanics of
semisitting but then RECOMMENDS semisitting delivery (closing the birth
canal), as
in,

"The second stage...You might want to remain in bed with your back propped
up with pillows...As you push, try to let yourself 'open up' below..."
http://www.preg.info/book/chapter11.htm

WMPI/Jason Gardosi, MD is advising women to close their birth canals,
then saying: "As you push, try to let yourself 'open up' below..." (!)

ON A POSITIVE NOTE: The WMPI site does recommend a version of GOOD McRoberts
if
the shoulders get stuck...
http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

LAUGHABLE: Gardosi says of himself:

"Developed new obstetric aid, the 'Birth Cushion', for studying squatting
during the second stage of labour."
http://www.obgyn.net/board/gardosi.htm

In fact, no one squatted in Gardosi's 1989 Lancet "randomised controlled
trial of squatting." (!)

See Edgbaston (UK) birth fraud (and 'the birth
cushion')

NOTE: At one time, WMPI/Jason Gardosi, MD and his British OB pal Malcolm
Griffiths got
me censored from an international obstetric listserv for protesting this
bizarre
obstetric behavior - but fortunately not before two of my articles got
posted...

See http://forums.obgyn.net/forums/ob-gy...9707/0128.html

See also: http://forums.obgyn.net/ob-gyn-l/OBGYNL.9707/0153.html

MY BEST GUESS (as to why MDs haven't yet stopped the massive obstetric
crime)?

Stopping it would be
tantamount to admitting it.

PARDONS IN ADVANCE FOR MDs...

As usual, I am in favor of pardons in advance for MDs. MDs are just
academic prime cuts forced through this culture's most powerful mental
meatgrinder - medical school.

Pardons in advance will allow MDs to keep doing their valid medical work,
making money to pay the inevitable civil damages.

BTW Donald, I found you because Ellis Godard, one of your PhD candidates,
asked me to participate in a Cyberspace survey for his PhD dissertation.

Ellis Godard's Ph.D. Dissertation: "The Moral Order of Cyberspace: Social
Structure and
Conflict Management Online" (Donald Black, Chair)
http://www.csun.edu/~egodard/CV-EllisGodard.pdf

ELLIS EXPLAINS VARIATIONS...

I note that Ellis uses "the theory and explanatory strategy invented by
Donald Black" to
help explain variations in how Cyberspace participants "confront wrongs and
express grievances...exert social control."
http://www.csun.edu/~egodard/ResearchStatement.pdf

Explain [it] how you (and Ellis) will, Donald...

But this Cyberspace participant teaches (and learns) daily at Usenet
University - confronts obstetric wrongs and expresses grievances online -
and calls it a day...

This Cyberspace participant groks the fact that it is difficult to "exert
social control" over criminals who are powerful cultural authorities - hence
the lame (but heartfelt) call for pardons in advance for these MD
criminals...

I will copy William N.P. Herbert, M.D.
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Chair
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Virginia
Phone: (434) 924-9937
Fax: (434) 924-9180
Email:

Hopefully this post will (quoting Ellis) "exert social control" over William
and stimulate him to publicly urge his obstetric colleagues nationwide
(including CNMwives) to stop closing birth canals.

If William *doesn't* do this (I doubt he will for the reason given above), I
hope that you will use your University Professor privilege and teach medical
students that obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals - and how
easy it is for pregnant women to allow their birth canals to open the
"extra" up to 30%.

HEY! To help medical students understand, perhaps you could invoke your
"pure sociology - no psychology or even people as such..." (?)
http://www.virginia.edu/sociology/pe...ogy/dblack.htm

Pure sociology must be powerful stuff!

One last matter, Donald...

PhD candidate Ellis and his wife Kristen wrote in their birth plan:

"Second Stage Labor preferences...[We w]ould like support to try various
labor positions, such as squatting and all-fours."
http://www.netspace.org/~ellis/noah/BirthPlan.pdf

Arrrgghhhh... Sorry to get E-motional but...why do couples have to ask
obstetricians for support in assuming positions that allow the birth canal
to open an "extra" up to 30%?

I wonder why Ellis and Kristen didn't say in their birth plan that they want
to try labor positions that don't close the birth canal up to 30%?

Maybe Ellis - who has asked for my input - didn't learn from my teaching at
Usenet University? : )

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times (maybe literally!)...

PREGNANT WOMEN: MDs and MBs are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals up
to 30% by using dorsal and semisitting delivery. (See PROOF above.)

It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.
Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out - or deliver on
hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

BEWARE though: Some MDs and MBs will let you "try" "alternative"
delivery positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting (close
your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

Talk to your MD or MB about this TODAY.

MDs/MBs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must - first get the
woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

This Open Letter to University Professor Donald Black will be instantly
archived for global access at:

Within 24 hours it will be in the Google usenet archive. Search
http://groups.google.com for "Birth and Prof Black's 'pure sociology - no
psychology or even people as such'"END Birth and Prof Black's 'pure
sociology - no psychology or even people as such'
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2397

Again Ellis, I will take your survey if you still want me to.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

Old May 18th 04, 08:17 AM
Ellis Godard

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:05:15 -0500, Vicky Bilaniuk
posted to misc.kids.pregnancy:
And for me, I thought it was spam simply because I didn't recognize the
name. I regularly trash anything that the spam filters don't catch if
the name is unrecognized.

Simply posting to the ng would have avoided this problem. Ellis, if
you're reading, consider it advice for the next time. :-)

The advice is much appreciated. One of my concerns was that I am only
able to survey a small number of participants. I did not want to leave
out or confuse anyone who saw a public post but then did not receive
the private email.

At any rate, as I mentioned and others here have confirmed elsewhere,
I am a doctoral candidate in the final month or so of my years of work
towards a PhD. I would still be very interested in asking a few
questons of some of you, to learn more about who participates in this
newsgroup and to better understand interaction patterns here and in
Usenet generally.

Those who I contacted were selected because they posted a message
during a randomly selected window of time. There are only about 18
questions, you may skip any of them, and all of your answers would
remain confidential.

I came to MKP initially for its topic matter. I have benefitted as a
lurker on several threads here, learning about my wife's pregnancy and
labor (see www.netspace.org/~ellis/noah/timeline.html). As a hubby
with little knowledge, there isn't much I can give back to the group.
One thing I can offer is to think and speak about it as a student of
sociology. I appreciate any of you who can spare the time to help me
do that.

Regards,
Ellis Godard

Results from the word of mouth survey Liv Karin Slattebrekk General 0 July 7th 04 09:01 AM
research request: short survey on parental guilt Julie Bort General (moderated) 0 April 16th 04 01:50 AM
Crucial for Children to Receive Proper Nutrition [email protected] General 1 March 23rd 04 02:09 PM
Special request Iggie General 0 October 16th 03 03:48 AM
Birthday party survey for school project Tyler C General 0 October 14th 03 05:20 AM