Belated Happy Mother's Day wish

Old May 11th 04, 02:32 PM
Tiffany

Default Belated Happy Mother's Day wish

Better late then never. Hope all the Mothers had a good day.

My daughter made me supper and we tried to take my Mom mini-golfing but a
bad storm rolled in and we had to leave.

Old May 11th 04, 10:27 PM

"Tiffany" wrote in message
Better late then never. Hope all the Mothers had a good day.

My daughter made me supper and we tried to take my Mom mini-golfing but a
bad storm rolled in and we had to leave.

Sweet. That sounds like fun. Unfortunately, my gramma is in her last days, so
the family spent most of their time with her.
The kids are taking it well, I am going to ask them how they feel about
continuing to go as she gets worse.

Old May 13th 04, 03:56 PM
xkatx

"Tiffany" wrote in message
Better late then never. Hope all the Mothers had a good day.

My daughter made me supper and we tried to take my Mom mini-golfing but a
bad storm rolled in and we had to leave.

Mmm... Supper being made for me by B would be nice, but also very, very
dangerous around here!
We went to the hospital to visit my mom who just had major surgery about 2
weeks ago, then we went to my g'ma's for dinner there. One of the
highlights to my Mother's Day was definitely the card B had made for me at
daycare. It said, "Happy Mother's Day!" on the front, then inside it had a
little poem that made my jaw nearly hit the floor... It went like this, word
for word, letter for letter:
M = is for the million things she gives
O = means only that she is growing old
T = is for the tears she sheds for me
H = is for her heart of purest gold
E = is for her eyes, with love-light shinning
R = means right, and right always she'lll be ....
Put the poem together... you get MOTHER meaning the WORLD!! SMILE
(other side of page
To: Mom
(eye) 3 U
LOVE
Brandon O

I had to stop at O and allow myself to read over a few times what I had just
read... I no longer like the letter O, but I still loved the card, which
made me laugh out loud... Does anyone here tell their mother she is only
growing old? I also thought it was cute that they had put his initial with
his first name (there's probably a million and a half Brandons at the
daycare, it seems) because I'm starting to wonder if they are implying that
by only growing older, you will forget which child is which, but I only have
one son named Brandon. Haha nevermind... I don't know. I just found the
card great. Made me smile for sure. Haha this is one card that I will
DEFINITELY put away in my hope chest, in the same drawer that has the
clothes Bran came home from the hospital in, his birth certificate and
baptism stuff.

So aside from that, I hope all you moms had a good Mother's Day (even though
it was quite some time ago) and V, really sorry to hear about your g'ma.
*hugs*

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old May 13th 04, 10:13 PM
Karen O'Mara

"Tiffany" wrote in message ...
Better late then never. Hope all the Mothers had a good day.

My daughter made me supper and we tried to take my Mom mini-golfing but a
bad storm rolled in and we had to leave.

Happy Mother's Day back at you, too. I just got this and thought it
would be fun to sha

--- begin ---

WHAT IS LOVE? According to the younger generation…A group of
professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year
olds. "What does love mean?" the answers they got were broader and
deeper than anyone could have imagined.

"When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her
toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even
when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." Rebecca- age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You
just know that your name is safe in their mouths." Billy- age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving Cologne
and they go out and smell each other." Kari- age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French
Fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy- age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri- age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip
before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny- age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of
kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and
daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss." Emily- age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening
presents and listen."
Bobby-age 7

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend
who you hate." Nikka- age 6

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it
everyday." Noelle- age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still
friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy- age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on stage and I was scared. I looked at
all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He
was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
Cindy- age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else
kissing me to sleep at night.' Clare- age 6

"Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine-
age 5

"Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is
handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris- age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone
all day."
Mary Ann- age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little
stars come out of you." Karen- age 7

"Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and doesn't think it's
gross." Mark- age 6

"You really shouldn't say "I LOVE YOU" unless you mean it. But if you
mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica- age 8

And the winner was a 4-year-old child whose next door neighbor was an
elderly man who had just lost his wife. When the child saw the man
cry, the little boy went over into the man's yard and climbed on top
of the man's lap and just sat t here. When the boy's mother asked him
what he'd said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just
helped him cry."

AND FOR YOU CYNICS: A woman's husband dies. He had $20,000 to his
name. After everything is done at the funeral home and cemetery; she
tells her closest friend that there is no money left. The friend
says, "How can that be? You told me he had $ 20,000 a few days before
he died. How could you be broke, already?" The widow says, "Well, the
funeral cost me $6,000. And of course, I had to make the obligatory
donation for the church and the choir and all. That was $400 and I
spent another $400 for the wake, food and drinks, you know. The rest
went for the memorial stone." The friend says, "$13,200 for the
memorial stone? My God, how big is it?" The widow says, "Three
carats."
Old May 18th 04, 05:40 PM
aXis Computers & Communications

--
NEED A DATE? (Find singles/couples near you!)
http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/match/index2.htm

http://acc2.dynip.com:1000/preg/index.htm