Old February 13th 04, 07:25 PM
Kane

Default | Child Protection Agency in grave financial trouble

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 11:20:20 -0500, wexwimpy
wrote:

Child Protection Agency in grave financial trouble

Pinellas Park It is the agency that is supposed to protect children
in Pinellas and Pasco Counties, but Family Continuity can't pay the
bills and is being forced to cut positions.
The agency is part of the Governor's Community Based Child Protection
system which takes over much of the work that was done by the Florida
Department of Children and Families, DCF.
Family Continuity has had problems for several years. In December its
director, Jeff Richard was pushed out, Wednesday the second in

command
resigned and the situation is of such concern that the parent company
of Family Continuity has hired a for profit company to run the

agency.
When the for profit agency looked at the books it decided there had

be major restructuring.
Jim Mills, the executive director of the Pinellas Juvenile Welfare
board says he is concerned about a child protection agency being run
by a for profit company. Mills says he is also concerned that Family
Continuity will not be able to meet its budget and stay in business.
The Juvenile Welfare Board acts as an over sight agency and as a
children advocate.
The numbers concerning restructuring are confusing, because Family
Continuity and the Department of Children and Families seem to be
working with a different set of numbers. Family Continuity says it
wanted to have 228 caseworkers for the 41-hundred kids under its
supervision, but the state says it only approved 180 positions. Under
the reorganization, Family continuity will have only 165 caseworkers.
Currently there are 33 positions that are unfilled which will not be
replaced and there are 29 people in training to be caseworkers, they
will not be hired.
Caseworkers say they are stressed and worried about what will happen
to their agency and more importantly what will happen to the

children.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=6908
To all the people who told me about how great Family Continuity was
ansd to give them time you need to read the above.
Defend your civil liberties! Get information at http://www.aclu.org,

become a member at http://www.aclu.org/join and get active at
http://www.aclu.org/action.

Gosh, Wexie, don't you know it's not about the money.....that CPS all
over the country is overfunded through the kidnapping of children and
that the problems are actually because evil forced of darkness have
taken over, while we were not looking, all CPS agencies in the
country.

Seriously, even that bastion of liberalism National Public Radio
admitted this morning on a report concerning NJ's horror of a CPS,
that MONEY is the problem. They are underfunded and have been for a
considerable time.

Can't train. Can't actually do the services mandated.

But of course they WILL do them even if the yahoos that can't do it
themselves are allowed to bust a few knees at CPS.

That's all it takes, just some costly lawsuits. That'll get the lazy
good for nothing over paid underworked workers movin'

Right?

Well, at least you, unPlant like, manage to post some of the truth.

The public is igorant of the scope of child abuse in this country.
Social scientists that specialize know perfectly well about this
pendulum pattern, of somnambulance about the problem until it
explodes, then funding comes up, then child abuse goes down.

We just went through a cycle. Abuse HAD been going down. I hate to
think of what the next couple of years reports on abuse stats are
going to look like.

And how many little children are going to pay for this political
nonsense.

Not a one you goobers manage to come up with an alternative other than
to lie about the numbers and extent of the damage to children.

No one comes up with a funding method other than "make them eat cake."

The only thing I've heard is "set a fixed amount and make them stay
within it while delivering serves to an unknown number of families an
children...in other words, guess and let the public set the amount
before the fact."

Yeah, like that'll work.

I have a plan, wexie.

Create a body of oversight and governance of parents...parents that DO
know how to parent, and let them run it. Wanna know what would happen?

A whole lot of the whiners would be spending a whole lot of time in
jail.

And the funding would probably quadruple every year for a decade or
two, until the problem was solved.

Kane
Old February 14th 04, 02:58 AM
Greg Hanson

Create a body of oversight and governance
of parents...parents that DO know how to parent,

To WHOSE standards? Would that include
people like the strident former caseworker
who duct taped Logan marr to a High Chair?
(Pontificated about never needing spanking!)
(How do you like the alternative she used?)

WHO would choose this board of parents?
I've seen how Iowa DHS made such choices.
As for the "profit motive" our governor
outright stated that the reason he hired
Kevin W. Concannon was his ability to bring
in the FEDERAL DOLLARS. Concannon was
previously the Maine DHS director for years
and while Logan Marr was removed for dubious
reasons and killed by a former caseworker
who used her influence to become a foster,
specifically hoping to keep Logan Marr forever.

She was a model non-spanker and a model Foster.
So smug in the Foster classes that other
Fosters rolled their eyes at her ""expertise""
and the instructor sucked up to her because
of her prior job as a caseworker.

She'd have been a perfect candidate to
sit on a CPS agency appointed parents board.
Old February 14th 04, 07:36 AM
bobb

"Greg Hanson" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Yep.. you got is right...

bobb

Old February 14th 04, 02:05 PM
Fern5827

The public is igorant of the scope of child abuse in this country.
Social scientists that specialize know

What drunken Dads screaming at kids and backhanding em?

We just went through a cycle. Abuse HAD been going down. I hate to
think of what the next couple of years reports on abuse stats are
going to look like.

Economics. NO JOBS.

Create a body of oversight and governance of parents...parents that DO
know how to parent, and let them run it. Wanna know what would happen?

Great. Let's oversee every parent in America. Do you own stock in CCC?

Old February 14th 04, 03:12 PM
Kane

"bobb" wrote in message ...
[...]

"Yaaaauuuuup! hyuk hyuk hyuk, yah gots that'en right, Homer"

bobb

Brilliant vomititus cleaning. You feelin' full yet?

Kane
Old February 14th 04, 03:13 PM
Kane

On 13 Feb 2004 18:58:33 -0800, (Greg Hanson)
wrote:

Create a body of oversight and governance
of parents...parents that DO know how to parent,

To WHOSE standards?

I gave a reference to that. I said it in the last phrase you didn't
cut. Right above your question. Read it again.

YOU don't know how, with proof in your own words, so you'd not serve.

You had no idea where I was goign with that so you cut it all, didn't
you, so you could pontificate and whine.

There is already a body of parents that do know how to parent (and
even those that do not) that get to make such oversight and decisions
through their representatives.

I'm pointing you whiners at the place to go, though even when you do
you don't know HOW to proceed so you will be heard....of course since
the vast amount of your bitches are phony, you insure you won't be
heard more than a round or two.

Would that include
people like the strident

You knew her, and you are telling us she was strident?

former caseworker

Was she a caseworker when.....

who duct taped Logan marr to a High Chair?

I thought she was in jail. I'd hardly suggest that a convicted child
murderer be on a board of child welfare governance and oversight, now
would I?

And that's covered like so much else, by law....she can't participate
as you and I can, by the vote. She is a felon. They lose that
privelege. They have proven their incapacity.....

You are a felonious ignoramise, but fortunately for you there is no
loss of vote until you are so declared by a mental health review or
some other law you broke. Keep it up, you'll get there yet.

That's the problem with you dipwads. Nothing logical or fact based has
the least impact on you....not if you can't twist it to be something
else you can ****, whine and moan about.

(Pontificated about never needing spanking!)

I fail to see the connection between the subject and the aside of
"spanking." Spanking isn't an alternative to murder.

(How do you like the alternative she used?)

Are you suggesting by any chance that I would approve of any one
murdrering a child, or trying to make apologies for it, like your
Plant friend did for the women that killed her child not long ago with
prescription meds?

Do you recall the "in the 1800's they used to give babies opiates" as
a response to my outrage over parents doing such things as the
infanticide news article related?

You are quite a pack. You not only need each other, you deserve each
other. You should babysit for each other.

WHO would choose this board of parents?

It's already done. The public contains a great many parents that do
know how to parent and they vote....and they decided to give authority
to judges and their investigators (CPS) to focus on the overwhelming
evidence that boyriends of ladies with chidlren are a high risk to the
children if left with them unattended.

And YOU fit the bill to a "T" even admitting to activities that are
seriously suspect. All they lack is precise evidence. And the parent
voters I refer to don't WANT THE COURT TO RISK SUCH AS YOU...so they
give the authority to prevent the risk by removing the child until
such time as you show you are not a risk, either by leaving, or
marrying, adopting, taking those classes and getting they information
and the point.

We aren't holding out the least hope for you. And we TOO vote and have
a voice about such as you and how you should be managed.

I've seen how Iowa DHS made such choices.

Yes. I know I'm tickled.

You comfort and or annoyance is secondary to the child's safety. Now
if you had married and adopted her that might be a different story.

In fact had you it would have been a sign that you are considerably
more moral than your story shows you to be NOW. You are performing
right up to character. A lowlife scum.

As for the "profit motive" our governor
outright stated that the reason he hired
Kevin W. Concannon was his ability to bring
in the FEDERAL DOLLARS.

This has what to do with your case? I doubt, even with you sitting on
your ass, the case qualifies for Title IV-E eligility. Iowa isn't
getting a dime of fed money. The means for financial support is likely
present. You SO's income and the gparents disqualify.

Concannon was
previously the Maine DHS director for years
and while Logan Marr was removed for dubious
reasons and killed by a former caseworker
who used her influence to become a foster,
specifically hoping to keep Logan Marr forever.

That was Concannon's fault because he didn't stop it? Right?

When your couch is stolen (I presume you don't have a car) and dropped
on a person killing them and you get charged for being an accomplice
remind me again about Concannon and the Logan Marr case...or explain
how he would be prescient and know ahead of time the former worker
would kill the child.

She was a model non-spanker and a model Foster.

She was a murderer. That hardly equates with non-spankers being, as a
rule, murderers. Or are you suggesting that non-spankers should be
refused foster licenses based on their higher risk of murdering a
child?

So smug in the Foster classes that other
Fosters rolled their eyes at her ""expertise""
and the instructor sucked up to her because
of her prior job as a caseworker.

Yes. You again suggesting that her behavior should have been a tip off
that she would murder.

Is "smug" also an indicator for the potential for infanticide? Does
expressing expertise indicate one is a candidate for becoming a
murderer?

Should all experts therefore be suspect, in all fields, and especially
child welfare? I'm something of an expert. Do you think I'm a good
candidate for becoming a murderer of children?

You have a buddy that visits from time to time, apparently when
allowed, or can slip out to a computer....now HE claims he WILL kill
and he HAS encouraged others to.

But he fails on the expertise level, so he of course should be allowed
to go about his affairs without regard to suspicion of risk of harm to
others, including the innocents he claims he's willing to sacrifice.
Children and families that are CPS clients. Interesting thinking
processes, no?

Are you sure of what you are saying or thinking on this matter?

She'd have been a perfect candidate to
sit on a CPS agency appointed parents board.

I do not recall suggesting a "CPS agency appointed parents board."

You just jumped to conclusions instead of reading and posting all I
had to say on this "board" suggestion.

Anything to further your whining excuses, and the fog the utter
failure of you and your cronies to actually DO anything at all for
families but dance in their blood AFTER you've mislead and
clandestinely abused them.

The reason I didn't suggest a single person (and I really was
referring to the body of voters that mostly know how to parent) is to
avoid someone like the ex worker acting without the oversight of
others.

I've served on similar boards with the occasional nutcase appointed by
some local politico, and the use of the rest of the members to offset
the nutsos was a critical factor in getting the work done properly. As
chair I even expelled such from time to time. Sort of counselled them
out as it were....R R R R R.

And I'm counseling YOU out. YOU would not be invited to sit on such a
board if it were a small one.

As a voter, assuming you aren't a felon, or adjudicated insane, (say,
I never asked about either before...well?) YOU are already on The
Board. I'll bet you don't vote, do you?

I know you don't have the guts to turn your purile whining into a
thoughtful protest in the letters to the editor, or petition your
legislators for reform of CPS.

And you CAN'T because it would break you noggin open to the truth. And
you ninnies can't stand the truth.

CPS is a mess primarily for two reasons: the massive drug and alcohol
problems in this country; and the extreme funding shortfall for child
welfare. NPR just admitted that NJ, for instance is and has been
woefully underfunded for many years. Yet yahoos like you keep wanting
to blame the agency and the workers.

Peachy. This is the "in the 1800's kids were regularly fed opiates"
thinking error problem. You are fact impaired, in fact crippled. YOU
can't and don't welcome facts, you can't digest them when they do get
through to you, and you throw up your mess when they disagree with
your pet whining theories.

But then you have bobb to lick it all up and declare it "yummy" that
you sure named that ex worker correctly as a candidate chosen by
CPS....when I never said there would be any appointment by CPS...in
fact appointments tend to come from the judicial and or from higher
ups in state government, like the governor.

You two are fit to go around lapping up each others expulsions.

Kane
Old February 14th 04, 06:25 PM
Kane

On 14 Feb 2004 14:05:43 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

The public is igorant of the scope of child abuse in this country.
Social scientists that specialize know

What drunken Dads screaming at kids and backhanding em?

Among other things.

This report in pdf format I find most helpfull in understand, for
instance, why child abuse is underreported. And how investigations
take place, and why children are removed during the interview and
possibly on into the investigation based on what is found from the
beginning.

It puts the lie to a lot of your Nasty Nasturtium Nonsense,
Nosetwister (Nasturtium Officianale)

We just went through a cycle. Abuse HAD been going down. I hate to
think of what the next couple of years reports on abuse stats are
going to look like.

Economics. NO JOBS.

That's will raise the rate of abuse and child deaths, no doubt. It
also coincides with a pendulum swing away from child protection, as a
pointed out. That's a double whammy.

Create a body of oversight and governance of parents...parents that

DO
know how to parent, and let them run it. Wanna know what would

happen?

Great. Let's oversee every parent in America. Do you own stock in

CCC?

No, I am referring, if you were thinking just a bit you would have
figured it out, to ALL THE PARENTS IN AMERIC A THROUGH THEIR
LEGISLATORS ARE NOW AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN DOING OVERSIGHT OF YOU
OREGONO'S AND TULIPS.

And no, it's impossible to oversee every parent in America, but
knowing that YOU want to blame CPS when a murderous thug of a parent
escapes notice.....and you even offer means here for them to utilize
to continue their abuses and get away with them.

You also offer apoligies and defenses for beatings of children and
their death by forced ingestion of prescription drugs wrongly give by
the parent from their own stash.

In other words, Bleeding Heart, you are a menace to humanity as
represented by families and children.

But hey, that's old news.

How many children have you gotten back from CPS for their parents?

What contribution to you make to CPS reform posting your insanely
subject mistitled bits of media bias?

Do you think real reformers or the general public come here to catch
up on The Plant's Daily Report?

About the only folks new to this ng and altcps are folks looking for
help. What "help" do you provide when they need tactical information
for winning against bureaucracies?

Tell us, how many folks that have come here to find such, leave with
the information that got their children back for them? Surely you must
know just a few, after all these years. And which source actually has
succeeded in helping them, this ng wise, that is?

You postings are as pointless as your Seedpod is empty. Completely.

Kane
Old February 14th 04, 08:08 PM
Greg Hanson

The public is igorant of the scope of child abuse in this country.
Social scientists that specialize know

How to get paid.

What drunken Dads screaming at kids and backhanding em?

We just went through a cycle. Abuse HAD been going down. I hate to
think of what the next couple of years reports on abuse stats are
going to look like.

Economics. NO JOBS.

Isn't an economic downturn well known to cause increases
in child abuse, domestic abuse, even street crime?

Create a body of oversight and governance of parents...parents that DO
know how to parent, and let them run it. Wanna know what would happen?

Great. Let's oversee every parent in America. Do you own stock in CCC?

Breed creative independent thinking through socialism eh?

Is the despiriting and decline of our civilization the goal?

Second guessing people to death is bad.