The Bizarre/Delusional Defenders of Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Old July 12th 07, 08:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Ilena Rose

Default The Bizarre/Delusional Defenders of Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Thank you Alan for posting the piece below.

I am going to read it more clearly and make some comments on it and
some updates. Here's a start.

http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com/...losses-on.html

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...WatchWatch.htm
www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/KingBio.htm

What I recently learned, is that the mail-order law school Barrett
mailed to for about a year and a half ... is the one advertised on
matchbooks. I'll also provide the quote he made calling himself a
"legal expert" when I catch a minute.

Until January, 2007, Peter "shot_info" Bowditch, who runs the
Australian Quackwatch Campagin and Ratbags.com ... listed the
"bizarre/delusional defenders" you mentioned in the title ... by name.
Mark Probert and David "Orac Knows" Gorski, Bowditch, Paul Lee, Willa
"nanaweedkiller" Nidiffer, Polevoy "aka Vera Teasdale" etc. etc. are
just a few of them who work Usenet.

Some of them also work blogs and Wikipedia. Read more about them
he

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...WatchWatch.htm

~~~~

Alan K posted:

In this thread,

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....browse_thread/...
we see:

On Jun 16 2003, 6:00 pm, "rb" wrote:

I now believe that many of the anti alt posters on this board are working for that Barrett guy who runs "Quackwatch".

The thread ends with:

"Ilsa Nein" wrote in message

So, if I am scathingly sarcastic, its because you are either not thinking past the most simple consequences of your "beliefs" or you are delusional, like Jan.

Ilsa, I will be straightforward, because you appear delusional.

... I don't mince words when someone SERIOUSLY suggests that the entire world is subjegated to an EEEEeeeeeevil Organiiiiiiiiized Medicine Conspiracy. I think that any reasonable person would see how untenable it would be to have so many people with so many conflicting interests working together against their own health care interests. Its hard enough getting employees of the same company to do that.

Actually, any reasonable person would see how delusional Ilsa is. Any
reasonable person would see how very teneble is was for the entire
world to be subjugated to the evil, organized, medicine conspiracy
that was the "Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment":

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/tuskegee/time.htm

Any reasonable person would see that Stephen Barrett, M.D.'s beliefs
are bizar

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.m...read/9d7075617...
Any reasonable person would see that any defender of Stephen Barrett,
M.D., like Ilsa, is delusional at best.

-- "If I keep this oath faithfully, may I enjoy my life and practice
my art, respected by all men and in all times; but if I swerve from it
or violate it, may the reverse be my lot."

Old July 13th 07, 08:15 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,sci.med
[email protected]

Thanks for the information, Ilena. I look forward to learning more
from you,
-A

Old July 13th 07, 08:09 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,sci.med.dentistry,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Ilena Rose

Note from Ilena Rosenthal: Here is Stephen Barrett claiming "expert
knowledge" on "aspects of law" that he learned in a mailorder /
correspondence credential mill in 1 1/2 years of mailing in.

http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...sRosenthal.htm
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...WatchWatch.htm

Stephen Barrett, editing his own articles as Sbinfo on Wikipedia:

"I have expert knowledge of certain aspects of law that I studied and
have worked with for many years. I completed 1-1/2 years of law school
through a correspondence course under the G.I. Bill and emerged with a
working knowledge of the areas of law that interested me."
[[User:Sbinfo|Sbinfo]] 00:50, 23 July 2006 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...oldid=65283556