when does carpal tunnel syndrome go away?

Old October 14th 04, 05:28 PM
Marion

Default when does carpal tunnel syndrome go away?

I posted the message below yesterday from my ISP's newserver... I've
noticed in the past couple of weeks, however, that none of my posts
get any responses... (I posted a birth announcement last week and
there were zero responses to my post, sniff) and they don't show up in
Google, so I'll try posting this via Google to see if anyone sees my
messages that way. Anyway, here is my post from yesterday:

I have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome and it's making me
miserable. Some days I can't even hold a pen (not spending as much
time on the computer as normal either). My doctor said it should
probably go away in a month or two post-partum... I'm just wondering,
for those women in the group who have also had cts as a result of
pregnancy, how long after delivering did it take for it to go away?

tia,

Marion
Katy, born 10/4/2004

Katy's pictures
http://community.webshots.com/album/195952715RclkoK
http://community.webshots.com/album/197365653wgpASp
Old October 14th 04, 05:46 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Marion wrote:

I posted the message below yesterday from my ISP's newserver... I've
noticed in the past couple of weeks, however, that none of my posts
get any responses... (I posted a birth announcement last week and
there were zero responses to my post, sniff) and they don't show up in
Google, so I'll try posting this via Google to see if anyone sees my
messages that way. Anyway, here is my post from yesterday:

Yup, I haven't seen anything from you since 9/29.
Congratulations on the birth, and what a little sweetie
she is ;-)

(Sorry, no idea on when the CTS should go
away :-( )

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 14th 04, 07:34 PM
Nikki

Marion wrote:

I have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome and it's making me
miserable. Some days I can't even hold a pen (not spending as much
time on the computer as normal either). My doctor said it should
probably go away in a month or two post-partum... I'm just wondering,
for those women in the group who have also had cts as a result of
pregnancy, how long after delivering did it take for it to go away?

Congrats on the baby :-) A cutie!!

I had wrist pain that I assume was carpel tunnel. My fingers didn't hurt so
much though. It went away between 6-9 months post partum.

--
Nikki

Old October 14th 04, 09:04 PM
Leslie

Congratulations on Katy's birth!

I have been told the cts goes away pretty much right after birth. I'm sure
hoping so, since I too have it pretty bad right now!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 15th 04, 12:37 PM
Anne Rogers

I'm afraid your birth announcement never made it to my newserver, so belated
congratulations.

I think that carpal tunnel syndrome clears up quicker if you breastfeed, but
I might be totally wrong, just giving birth should have helped.

Old October 15th 04, 07:06 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Marion wrote:

(I posted a birth announcement last week and
there were zero responses to my post, sniff)

Post it again, through google! I never saw the original! :-(

and they don't show up in
Google, so I'll try posting this via Google to see if anyone sees my
messages that way. Anyway, here is my post from yesterday:

I have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome and it's making me
miserable. Some days I can't even hold a pen (not spending as much
time on the computer as normal either). My doctor said it should
probably go away in a month or two post-partum... I'm just wondering,
for those women in the group who have also had cts as a result of
pregnancy, how long after delivering did it take for it to go away?

Fully? About what your doc said. I noticed a pretty big improvement
almost right away, though, as in after the first few days. It's all
gone now and Max is 6 weeks old.
Old October 27th 04, 06:51 PM
tracert

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
I posted the message below yesterday from my ISP's newserver... I've
noticed in the past couple of weeks, however, that none of my posts
get any responses... (I posted a birth announcement last week and
there were zero responses to my post, sniff) and they don't show up in
Google, so I'll try posting this via Google to see if anyone sees my
messages that way. Anyway, here is my post from yesterday:

I have pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel syndrome and it's making me
miserable. Some days I can't even hold a pen (not spending as much
time on the computer as normal either). My doctor said it should
probably go away in a month or two post-partum... I'm just wondering,
for those women in the group who have also had cts as a result of
pregnancy, how long after delivering did it take for it to go away?

tia,

Mine never went away.

Carpal Tunnel Leslie Pregnancy 12 October 14th 04 02:06 PM
Doctors question evidence for shaken-baby syndrome JG Kids Health 3 March 27th 04 09:35 PM
Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide? Wendy Marsden General 255 October 2nd 03 09:44 PM
Dentist uses Nitrous Oxide? Wendy Marsden Kids Health 253 October 2nd 03 07:44 AM