Agonizing Heartburn

Old October 18th 04, 05:39 PM
Leslie

Default Agonizing Heartburn

Somebody please tell me what the strongest, most effective heartburn medication
that is safe to take during pregnancy is! I felt like there was a fire coming
up my throat all night last night!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old October 18th 04, 05:49 PM
Tori M.

"Leslie" wrote in message
Somebody please tell me what the strongest, most effective heartburn

medication
that is safe to take during pregnancy is! I felt like there was a fire

coming
up my throat all night last night!

Leslie

Ask your dr about Aciphex... That works wonders! Zantac works good as
well.. you just have to remember to take it

Tori

Old October 18th 04, 05:59 PM
Kevin

Leslie,

You did ask for strong medication .... but.... something I know works for me
and it has helped my wife from her daily heartburn as well. Apple.... She
thought I was nuts when I told her to eat an apple but she did anyways and
apparently it helped. Of course I guess it depends on how bad it is.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
PS - I think it needs to be green but I don't know we only buy golden
delicious or other green varities.

Old October 18th 04, 05:59 PM
Leslie

Ask your dr about Aciphex... That works wonders! Zantac works good as
well.. you just have to remember to take it

I've never heard of Aciphex . . . is it OTC? I don't see the OB again until
Thursday but I will ask him then if I can't find something OTC to work. Is
Zantac OTC?

Old October 18th 04, 06:01 PM
Leslie

Kevin said:

You did ask for strong medication .... but.... something I know works for me
and it has helped my wife from her daily heartburn as well. Apple....

If it works, I don't care if it's medicine or faith healing LOL . . . I prefer
Golden Delicious myself so I will pick up a bag this afternoon. Thanks, Kevin!

Old October 18th 04, 06:07 PM
Tori M.

"Leslie" wrote in message
Ask your dr about Aciphex... That works wonders! Zantac works good as
well.. you just have to remember to take it

I've never heard of Aciphex . . . is it OTC? I don't see the OB again

until
Thursday but I will ask him then if I can't find something OTC to work.

Is
Zantac OTC?

Aciphex is perscription Zantac is OTC.. you can get a generic walmart brand
for not too much money for 100 tablets..

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Late due to being his fathers child. I would have been 15 minutes

Old October 18th 04, 08:51 PM
Sue

"Leslie" wrote in message
Somebody please tell me what the strongest, most effective heartburn

medication
that is safe to take during pregnancy is! I felt like there was a fire

coming
up my throat all night last night!

I lived on Mylanta during my pregnancy hearburn.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 18th 04, 08:55 PM
Christine

Tum tum tum tums tummmssss....!!!!!

never leave home without them, OR go to bed without them! Keep them
under your pillow.

good luck.

Old October 18th 04, 09:26 PM
Elana Person

Unfortunately, I don't know of anything medication wise, but when I had
haertburn, the only thing that seemed to help was papaya. I just bought the
dried papaya and took that after dinner. If I did get heartburn it was way
more mild than if I didn't take it.

HTH,
Elana
Mom to Timmy 1/5/01 and Sam 8/28/02
EDD 5/15/05

Old October 18th 04, 10:09 PM
Wendy

I would talk to your doctor about Nexium. It works almost immediately,
it's very efficient, and lasts a long time. I took it and I think it's
great.

Wendy

two more heartburn questions ted Pregnancy 8 April 23rd 04 09:44 PM
Heartburn: Triggers & Soothers ted Pregnancy 21 April 23rd 04 05:37 PM
heartburn? Christine Pregnancy 5 March 14th 04 11:12 PM
heartburn problem again... Jill Pregnancy 6 February 2nd 04 07:37 PM
eating to avoid heartburn Nancy P Pregnancy 7 December 23rd 03 10:48 AM