PUPPs rash getting worse

Old October 26th 04, 03:24 AM
Chotii

"Leslie" wrote in message
I'm so sorry that she is still having such a hard time. If I were you, I
would
go out to the drugstore and buy one of each different kind of anti-itch
thing
they have.

I actually did this. I spent a lot of money we really didn't have, trying to
get relief that didn't come.

The closest thing to relief I got from anything OTC was from Gold Bond extra
strength powder. The cooling effect of the 'essential oils' was some help.
But not much, and not for long after any given application, which meant I
wound up applying it many more times a day than recommended. Also if I left
the container open even once, all the aromatics evaporated, leaving me with
a bottle of what amounted to talc powder - useless.

--angela

Old October 26th 04, 06:27 PM
Kevin

Hey all,

I don't know what it is but it's getting better. The rash on her arms is
really light pink now and has subsided to a sort of discoloration. The
right leg is fine too, the only issue is her left thigh and tummy. The
itching is a lot less as well.

I don't know what did it. Might just be the longer term use of the steriod
cream. Might have been prayers, which we've been doing a lot of lately.

Thanks for all your support with this issue.

Kevin
PS - I'll be needing you guys shortly I'm sure, still have labor to go
through, only on week 37.7 ;-)

"Kaybee" wrote in message
it sounds like my friend who was allergic to her baby. I don't think that
there is anything to be done. But it should go away with in a couple of
days of delivery. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. I wish you both luck

Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi all,

My wife's PUPPS rash that originally started on the underside of her

tummy
two weeks ago now covers both her hands (wrist to shoulder), thighs

almost
completely, ankles and all the extended part of her tummy. Initially it
looked like stretch marks gone bad or something as the stretch marked

area
started itching her but then it turned into a hive-like rash.

To date she has tried:

Steriod pills (OB prescribed)
Benadryl pills
Steriod cream
Caladryl cream
Calendular(sp?) cream (Homeopathic)
Oatmeal bath, cornstarch bath and baking soda bath (not all together

:-))

It's still spreading like crazy. The OB says that won't stop until
delivery.

Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do to prevent it spreading or

cure
it all together?

I know someone on MKP said they were induced earlier but I don't know if

we
would like to take that route or not, especially since it would probably
need to be drug induced.

The only good thing with this rash is that my wife is looking forward to

the
delivery now, at one point she would have preferred the baby just

sitting
inside of her instead of facing the "wrath" of childbirth.

Help!

Kevin

Old October 26th 04, 09:31 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Kevin wrote:
Hey all,

I don't know what it is but it's getting better. The rash on her arms is

Yay!
Old October 26th 04, 11:44 PM
Leslie

So glad to hear this, Kevin!

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth