Lost Mucus Plug @ 31 Weeks !?!?!?

Old October 25th 04, 09:06 PM
Heather Kitchen

Default Lost Mucus Plug @ 31 Weeks !?!?!?

Hi everyone! Got an odd question for you - I'm pretty sure I've lost my mucus plug & I'm only 31 weeks along. I didn't really think much of it, but my MIL says I should be concerned & call my OB. Any thoughts??

Heather
Old October 26th 04, 02:14 AM
Kaybee

Heather,
I lost my mucus plug at about 31 or 32 weeks with Eva and she still came a month later. I don't think that there is anything to worry about as long as the water doesn't break.
/
Kay
Eva 9/2002
little boy 1/2005

Old October 26th 04, 03:44 AM
Tori M.

"Heather Kitchen" wrote in message

I'm glad to know that someone else shares my "this is probably not that big

a deal" attitude. I called my Mom (BIG mistake!) & she immediately started
in about how my cervix was thinning & how she went into labor with me within
24 hours of losing her mucus plug, and since I'm only 31 weeks that it
really isn't a good thing. . . .yada yada. I really don't feel any
different than I did 2 days ago, but just to be safe (& to make everyone

feel better) I'm calling my OB in the morning so that there is an official
authority backing me up.

If it makes you feel any better I have been loosing my mucas plug off and on
for 2 weeks about and i am now over due by 8 zillion years I am also 5 cm
dialated and verry thinned and I have no idea what is keeping this child
inside.. lol

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier Hanging in by a rib Due 10/??/04

Old October 26th 04, 05:06 AM
Mary Gordon

What are we talking - a few streaks or globs? you may not have lost
the whole thing. I've had three kids and only saw the plug once...with
my second, where labour got going really fast at home and I barely got
to hospital - it came out when I made a quick trip to the bathroom
before we left. It was BIG - not to be too gross, it glorped out like
about a half a cup of gelatinous goo. I was pretty much amazed.

If you really do think you lost the whole thing, you should see the
doc, since that rarely happens unless you are dilating and it kind of
falls out (which is why most of us don't loose the whole real deal
until labour is moving along - I was at least at 7 or 8 cm when it
fell out).

Losing bits and pieces of it is no biggie since the mucous plug does
remake itself.

Mary G/
Old October 26th 04, 11:29 AM
Anne Rogers

If you really do think you lost the whole thing, you should see the
doc, since that rarely happens unless you are dilating and it kind of
falls out (which is why most of us don't loose the whole real deal
until labour is moving along - I was at least at 7 or 8 cm when it
fell out).

Losing bits and pieces of it is no biggie since the mucous plug does
remake itself.

regardless, you still need to seem someone in my opinion, even gradually
losing it could be a sign of things to come and there are things they can do
to try and stop a preterm birth and the earlier they start to try things the
better, plus if pre term birth is inevitable, there are better outcomes if
the mum has 2 doses of steroids before the delivery, better safe than sorry,
but equally if you haven't felt any contractions there is no point in
worrying as it's unlikely anything will happen.

Old October 26th 04, 05:41 PM
Heather Kitchen

I called my OB this morning & he said to come right in so he could check me. Turns out that my cervix is still thick & closed.

It was globs, but not huge ones. I could feel them come out, though - kinda gross! He did say the baby has already turned & dropped a little, but is not engaged in the pelvis.

He said to let him know if I see any blood or having any more cramping (been having Braxton Hicks for 4 weeks now).