CHICKEN POX - advice please

Old May 15th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
grett

Default CHICKEN POX - advice please

Hi - my two boys (2y 9m and 12m) have just broken out with chicken
pox.

Any advice?

Also do you think my 12m boy will be okay, and do you think he'll get
it again later on in life, or is this it?

Thanks
Wish me luck!!!

Grett

Old May 15th 07, 12:54 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Robert Watson

grett wrote:
Hi - my two boys (2y 9m and 12m) have just broken out with chicken
pox.

Any advice?

Also do you think my 12m boy will be okay, and do you think he'll get
it again later on in life, or is this it?

Chances are they will be fine after a few days. With both of them, you
need to make sure they are drinking enough. They tend to scratch at
their lesions, so watch for infection.

If they stop drinking (you can tell by how much they pee) or their
lesions look like they are getting infected, call your doctor (chicken
pox is really infectious - make sure the doctor's office knows you're
coming before you get there so they can prevent others from getting it).

This should be the last time your sons get sick with chicken pox, unless
they get shingles later.

Jeff

Thanks
Wish me luck!!!

Grett

Old May 15th 07, 12:54 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Aula

"grett" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi - my two boys (2y 9m and 12m) have just broken out with chicken
pox.

Any advice?

Also do you think my 12m boy will be okay, and do you think he'll get
it again later on in life, or is this it?

Thanks

People can get chickenpox more than once. Those who have had chicken pox
can develop shingles at a later time. For questions concerning treatment
and risk for your child consult your doctor.

Aula

..

Old May 15th 07, 12:55 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Louise

On Mon, 14 May 2007 23:33:08 EDT, grett
wrote:

Hi - my two boys (2y 9m and 12m) have just broken out with chicken
pox.

Any advice?

Also do you think my 12m boy will be okay, and do you think he'll get
it again later on in life, or is this it?

Completely anecdotal evidence. My siblings and I all had it when the
youngest was 10 or 11 months old. Not only has she never had it
again, but unlike the rest of us she has no scarring at all. Something
about infant skin, I guess.

Louise

Old May 15th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
deja.blues[_3_]

"grett" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi - my two boys (2y 9m and 12m) have just broken out with chicken
pox.

Any advice?

Also do you think my 12m boy will be okay, and do you think he'll get
it again later on in life, or is this it?

My oldest got a very mild case and his doctor said he might get it again.
The younger two never got it because they were vaccinated.

Old May 16th 07, 05:01 AM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
grett

Thanks everyone for your reassurances and suggestions.
My 2yo seems to be coping well - I smothered Calamine Lotion on him a
couple of times today and gave him a bath just before bed.
MY 12m boy's spots haven't changed much since this morning so not sure
if he has the chicken pox yet - will keep you posted.

Thanks again.
Grett

CHICKEN POX - advice please grett General 20 May 19th 07 04:03 AM
Chicken Pox [email protected] Single Parents 6 May 13th 06 03:32 PM
Chicken Pox Mirethy & Arjan Twins & Triplets 18 July 29th 04 07:30 PM
Chicken Pox Nat Pregnancy 4 August 30th 03 01:58 AM
Chicken pox Leah Adezio General (moderated) 1 July 4th 03 12:20 AM