Where's everyone at?

Old December 17th 08, 04:20 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

Default Where's everyone at?

I have 7.5 weeks left to go now. Ugh. EDD is Feb 7.

I've felt horrible the whole way through, but looks like the end is somewhat
near.
It's a girl (again) and I have been throwing a few names out for myself to
see how they sound and how much I really like them
I've obtained a bouncy chair - it's the Fisher Price Rainforest one, the one
I had really wanted, but it came out shortly after DD1 was born, and when
DD2 was born, I had things and wasn't about to go and buy new again. DD2
was supposed to be the last one, so most stuff I actually gave away.
I paid $25 for the bouncer chair and it was second hand but in EXCELLENT
condition.

I'm also picking up a swing second hand from another mom in the local mom's
group. It's the FP Rainforest swing as well - which, again, was the one I
had really liked. The bonus with this one is that it also plugs in to the
wall OR uses batteries. The other mom is selling it for a REALLY good
price - used they seem to be going for $100-$125 or so, she's asking only
$75. I'll be picking it up after Christmas.

I kept just my favs of DDs clothes, so I do have some newborn/small baby
sized clothes left, and I will probably be just fine in that area. One mom
from the mom's group also brought me a HUGE bag of newborn sized diapers she
had. I counted over 100 of them, and that should be great to start off,
considering I do have cloth in newborn size as well... But... they're
diapers I made myself and have not had a test baby to try them out on, so
I'm just hoping all the diapers I made will do the job! The diapers that
were passed on to me, however, will be nice to have on hand just in case the
diapers I made are a flop and a disaster LOL
I have all my carriers - I have my wraps and mei tais as well, I kept DD2's
car seat and it's only 2 years old and I bought it brand new and it's still
in excellent shape and condition.
My boobs are already hurting and maybe that's because DD2 only weaned
herself at the end of August - and I think the only reason she did was
because the well became a little too dry for her
Oh, I also do still have the single stroller that I bought new when DD1 was
about 6 months old and I needed to replace hers that was damaged after that
car accident. It's still in great shape, so if I do need to use it, it is
there. I also am picking up the infant sling for my Chariot in a little
bit - just want to save up a bit of money, just because I really am going to
have to budget for the items I've already purchased/will be purchasing, and
the infant sling is not an absolute necessity just yet

I bought a Pooh toddler bed for DD1's second birthday over a year ago, and
shortly after I found a second Pooh bed (identical one) and my mom brought
it over for me the other night and I took down DD2's crib and set up the
toddler bed. Now I do have a crib for this baby, but nowhere to put it.
I need to find or buy a basinette or playpen now I gave away my
basinette after DD2 grew out of it (again, she was supposed to be the last
one) and although she still uses the playpen to sleep in for her daily naps,
I noticed she's also managed to somewhat destroy the playpen! She's poked
holes in the mesh and the bottom seems to be wonky.

There's nothing special or fantastic happening right now, really. All seems
to be well so far, or so I understand. Fairly uneventful. I have been
feeling like I've been falling apart, though. Even worse than with DD2.
The lack of energy thing and inability to stay awake really seems to be
causing some major issues for me. I always find I'm real sore... Sore back,
sore ribs, sore feet... My bladder also seems to be taking a major beating
and I won't be surprised if I need to beg for some sort of bladder lift
surgery after LOL I haven't had many issues lately with my hands going
completely numb, but heartburn lately seems to happen each and every night
now.

I feel like I am pretty much as prepared as can be. I'm really hoping that
we can get that transfer to move soon... I believe I might have said it
before, but I am planning to start trying to push it for as soon as
possible... But with everything else that's been going on lately (Christmas
is around the corner, recent separation from a psycho, DD1's wipeout and
smashing her teeth - which includes now an appointment right after New Years
with the pediatric oral surgeon, DD1's speech problems and dealing with the
speech pathologist, therapist, delayed speech preschool that I am just
getting her in, my own doc appointments...) there's just been so much going
on that I feel like I am CONSTANTLY running myself to the ground, but these
are things that I can't just avoid or put off!

Other than a few complaints, I suppose all is alright. I'm so glad I'm on
the younger side than older right now... I can't imagine being in my 30s or
40s and going through this, and for those that are older, wow, how do you do
it?!?!

Where is everyone else at right now? How are things? How much longer?

Old December 17th 08, 06:00 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Where is everyone else at right now? How are things? How much longer?

I prefer to think how far I've come, not how much longer, it sounds so
much better! I'm 14 weeks.

Things are way better than I expected, I think I was at a point of
physical rehab that despite pregnancy I still keep improving physically,
though things have switched a bit, right now the most troublesome
thing is my mid back, when previously my hip was the big deal, though
with surgery having been 13 months ago, it's not all that surprising
that 2 months has made a difference.

I've mostly been focusing on pregnancy, not babies, when I do that, it
gets a bit scary, I am excited, but after a gap and it being unplanned,
the not sleeping, dirty nappies aspect of things is not thrilling!
However I think this will diminish as the reality settles in, which will
probably not really start until I feel movement.

My big decision at the moment is whether or not to have a 2nd trimester
scan, it's so hard to weigh up the numbers, and whatever numbers I do
find, they only deal with one condition, so you can get a feel for
whether it's good or bad to diagnose something in particular, but not
everything all at once. I do know overall it's doesn't improve outcomes,
but that's for a whole population and sometimes you can put yourself
into a subset and the answer might change! We're leaning towards not
doing it and DH is probably more confident about that than me.
Thankfully with insurance rather than nationalised health it's not a
case of here is your offer, if you refuse then you don't get another
chance, so we can change our minds.

Cheers
Anne