maternity and nursing clothes

Old December 15th 08, 02:10 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

Default maternity and nursing clothes

Being a foreigner, I don't know which stores sell maternity or nursing
stuff, particularly at the cheaper to middle end of the market, we live
in a relatively up market place and other than motherhood maternity (and
even then it had mimi maternity with triple the prices in the front of
the store), everything is close to giving me a heart attack!

I'd particularly like to hear of sources of nursing basics.

Thanks
Anne
Old December 15th 08, 03:52 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Being a foreigner, I don't know which stores sell maternity or nursing
stuff, particularly at the cheaper to middle end of the market, we live in
a relatively up market place and other than motherhood maternity (and even
then it had mimi maternity with triple the prices in the front of the
store), everything is close to giving me a heart attack!

I'd particularly like to hear of sources of nursing basics.

Thanks
Anne

I don't know what you have local, or what might be the same as where I am,
but I looove Motherhood Maternity.
We have places like Thyme Maternity, and I find Thyme and Motherhood to be
about the same store, but Thyme is far more expensive. Motherhood also
seems to have a bigger slection of nursing wear than Thyme, and Motherhood
here always has a whole lot (probably half the store) of clearance items. I
raid those racks as soon as I walk in - straight to the back to the
clearance section I go LOL
Here Old Navy also sells a fair bit of mat clothes, but I've yet to see any
type of nursing wear there. Same with Roots... Roots Clothing store here
has a maternity section, but I don't know if that store is available to you.
When my mom was in Vegas at the end of October, she picked up a few
maternity shirts for me at Kmart, I believe it was. Nothing fancy or
spectacular, just some basic t-shirts. I do not know if they have any real
selection, though... We no longer have Kmarts here, but I do know that
places like Walmart and Zellers have a very, very sad and pathetic maternity
clothing selection...
I like to keep an eye out for mat clothes second hand... With maternity
clothes, they usually seem to be fairly new when they're second hand... And
usually still in great condition. If you have some sort of buy-and-sell
sites local online, that might be an idea? I know we have a number of sites
like that for buying and selling, so maybe your area has something
similar...

Old December 15th 08, 12:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sue

All the stores have a maternity section. Target, Kmart, Meijer, JC Penney,
Sears, Macys. You don't have to go to a maternity specialty shop unless you
want to pay lots of money. All sections of those stores also have nursing
bras unless you are an unaverage size, then it should work just fine. We
even have some consignment maternity shops, but you can put in google
maternity shops and your city and state and you will find out what is around
you.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 16th 08, 03:59 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betsy

Anne Rogers wrote:
Being a foreigner, I don't know which stores sell maternity or nursing
stuff, particularly at the cheaper to middle end of the market, we live
in a relatively up market place and other than motherhood maternity (and
even then it had mimi maternity with triple the prices in the front of
the store), everything is close to giving me a heart attack!

I'd particularly like to hear of sources of nursing basics.

Thanks
Anne

If you don't mind used, there is Value Village.

I bought many of my maternity and nursing clothes at a children's
consignment store with a maternity/nursing rack. They had a monthly
sale of items that had not sold during the specified time period and had
not been picked up by the owner. Every item in this sale was $0.25.

--Betsy
Old December 18th 08, 11:40 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jessica[_3_]

There's a Motherhood outlet at the outlet mall in North Bend, I loaded up on
shirts there when I was pg for $2 -$5each. Otherwise Old Navy at Factoria
has a maternity section and Target is pretty good too.

Jess
mum of three (12, 7, & 4)

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
Being a foreigner, I don't know which stores sell maternity or nursing
stuff, particularly at the cheaper to middle end of the market, we live in
a relatively up market place and other than motherhood maternity (and even
then it had mimi maternity with triple the prices in the front of the
store), everything is close to giving me a heart attack!

I'd particularly like to hear of sources of nursing basics.

Thanks
Anne

Maternity clothes in US Ilse Witch Pregnancy 41 January 31st 05 11:11 PM
Maternity Clothes Lily Pregnancy 18 April 21st 04 04:58 PM
Maternity clothes?! Jody Pellerin Pregnancy 26 January 6th 04 03:03 PM
Maternity Clothes in the UK John TM Pregnancy 6 August 21st 03 04:17 AM
Maternity clothes? WD Pregnancy 15 July 14th 03 08:54 AM