Flutters

Old May 19th 04, 04:12 AM
Andrea J. Richardson

Default Flutters

Just recently I have started feeling some flutters. I just finished my 20th
week. Last night as I went to bed, I started feeling my baby move. It took
me a while to get to sleep, but I did. I really like being able to feel
him. When will I be able to feel full out kicks and such? When will my DH
be able to feel the baby by putting his hand on my stomach?

Andrea

#1 due: 09/28/04

I could feel little flutters at about 16 weeks, and by 16 1/2 weeks, I could
feel kicks. At 18 weeks DH could feel movement (and it could be seen too!).
So I would say that your DH will feel things soon.

Cathy
DD 8 Jan 03
EDD 8 Dec 04

Old May 19th 04, 02:52 PM
M Wayne

I'm also pregnant with my first, and started feeling movement at about 19-20
weeks. Obvious full-on kicking began shortly thereafter, but I felt them
only sporadically since baby was still so small. DH couldn't feel the kicks
until about 25-26 weeks as I recall. Since about 28 weeks (I'm almost 31
weeks now) the movements are visible to anyone who cares to watch my belly
for long enough and the baby is VERY active!

#1 due: 09/28/04

Old May 19th 04, 06:48 PM
melizabeth

I initially felt the flutters around 20 weeks. Then as I approached my 22
week u/s I told my husband that I thought I could feel more movements, but
we both thought it might be my imagination as I really wanted to feel the
baby move. The sensations I had been feeling were confirmed to be the baby
movement via the u/s at 22 weeks. My husband really didn't feel any
movements until about 27-28 weeks.

It was funny because I would call him over to feel my belly and the baby
would stop kicking. Then my husband would get up and the baby started
kicking.

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

#1 due: 09/28/04

I'm at 22 weeks and a couple of days. I've been feeling kicks for a
couple of weeks. I started feeling the flutters around week 17 or
so--I wasn't sure that's what they were till week 18 when I had my
first US and could see how the baby was lying (I was getting kicked on
one side more than the other and it turned out that that's where the
baby's feet were). The kicks that I feel still aren't terribly strong
for the most part--I can feel them if I put my hand on my stomach, but
that's partly because I can feel them inside at the same time. I
think DH could probably feel some of the kicks, if he could only catch
them in time--for some reason every time DH puts his hand on my tummy,
the baby stops moving :P

I've noticed a couple of things that seem to get the baby moving. One
is snug pants (especially a couple of pairs that I own that have the
low, wide elastic waistband instead of the big stretchy panel)--when I
sit down in these, the waistband sits firmly across my lower abdomen,
and the baby starts poking it. Also a full bladder--I tend to get a
poke or kick if I wait too long to empty it The baby also likes
music, especially when DH is playing his guitar, or when I'm in the
car with the radio on.

--Elit

#1 due: 09/28/04

I am feeling kicks that are strong enough to sometimes hurt. My stomach
bounces fairly often now, too. DH felt his first kick a few days ago.
He would have been able to feel some earlier, but chance was never on
his side (problem was that I always clued in only when too late, and the
baby would stop, but a few days ago the baby was really active for a
good few minutes, so DH finally got his chance). I'm 26 weeks.