To 'TOTO' I have answered your comments as best I can.

Old August 31st 05, 04:26 PM

Default To 'TOTO' I have answered your comments as best I can.

Why should the people in this newsgroup particularly be doing
something about *your* problems or the problems of any other
person with dyspraxia. You have to realize that some of us
have other problems. Atm, I am dealing with my dgd who is in
speech therapy because he is not talking at all. My dil and her
sister are partially deaf. What are you doing to help people
who cannot hear? He may be verbally dyspraxic. If he is, we
will be working through therapy and other means to help him be
the best that he can be.

I will answer your points. First of all my comment F... .... was
uncalled for and I apologise for that. I have, and do spent a lot of
time doing voluntary work with disabled people such as mentally
handicapped (now called learning disability),the homeless, and raising
money generally to help people. So I don't just think about my self.
I think the point I was making is that sometimes I find it helpful to
talk about how I feel. Generally I am quite undetanding with people
when they talk about thier problems. In real life people often do by
the way but I have come to realise that I also need to talk about mine.

Rosalie said something like stop winging, well sometimes I need to
wing. Most of the
time I don't but sometimes it helps to let of steam.

II think there needs to be more awarness of the condiction and I think
people should, show understanding and tolerance. Someone may say why
should I show understanding and tolerance, to which I guess there is
no answer. However I think most people, if they are aware will show
understanding.

You haven't a clue what Rosalie is or is not doing in real life to
help others. But please remember that dyspraxia is not the only
problem in the world and others have other priorities. If you want
to help, then try a real life group that deals with the specific
problem that you have.

I agree that I do not have a clue what Rosalie is doing in the real
world. I also agree that dyspraxia is not the only problem in the world

but as I said i have been involved in various charities. However my
life is as important to me as anybody else so for me it is a priority.
The reason why i feel more should be done is because many people have
not had thier dyspraxia picked up at school and are going through life,

drifitng from job to job, suffering mental torture,leading to mental
health problems, depression, anger, some drift into drugs, crime. I
have never taken drugs mysefl or got into crime because that just makes

things worst in the long run and becasue I am would not want to.
The thing is because you cannot see someone is dyspraxic people often
don't undersand it and misinterpret peoples behavoiour which can lead
to people being isolated and marginalised. I often find mysefl being
abused becasue I can't do things and people don't understand. So I want
to spread the word to try and change things.
There are organizations that help

people now. You just need to find one. You will not find it
on a newsgroup where parents are discussing the day to day
issues they have with raising children.

Yes, but I can raise the awarness on a site like this. There are
probably parents on this site with children who have problmes like
dyspraxia etc and maybe raising awarness will mean their childrens
dyspraixia will get picked up sooner rather than later.

Old August 31st 05, 04:36 PM
Nan

On 31 Aug 2005 08:26:54 -0700, wrote:

Just FYI.... toto currently doesn't have newsgroup access.

Nan
Old August 31st 05, 06:01 PM
enigma

wrote in
ups.com:

Rosalie said something like stop winging, well sometimes I
need to wing. Most of the
time I don't but sometimes it helps to let of steam.

whinging, or whining yeah, letting off steam is good, but
no one listens if you whine.

[...]

Dyspraxia is now considered one of the Autism Spectrum
Disorders & is much more widely DX'd than it was when you were
young. my son was DX'd at age 2, for example.
it's much better than when i was in school (graduated high
school in 72). i was considered 'quirky' at best and 'lazy'
most of the time. my jr.high guidance person (not a doctor)
DX'd me as schizophrenic & that was attached to my school
records. you think being undiagnosed is bad? try having a DX
of schizophrenia following you around

There are organizations that help

people now. You just need to find one. You will not find
it on a newsgroup where parents are discussing the day to
day issues they have with raising children.

Yes, but I can raise the awarness on a site like this.
There are probably parents on this site with children who
have problmes like dyspraxia etc and maybe raising
awarness will mean their childrens dyspraixia will get
picked up sooner rather than later.

i really do think people are generally more aware of kid's
developmental issues now... of course that won't help a kid
whose parents are in denial... the earlier a kid starts
therapy, the better the coping skills they tend to have.

lee
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old September 1st 05, 01:46 AM
HCN

wrote in message
ups.com...
II think there needs to be more awarness of the condiction and I think
people should, show understanding and tolerance. Someone may say why
should I show understanding and tolerance, to which I guess there is
no answer. However I think most people, if they are aware will show
understanding.

.... snip...

www.apraxia-kids.org