Article in our local paper

Old December 2nd 05, 05:30 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Article in our local paper

Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old December 2nd 05, 09:00 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mamma Mia" wrote in message
u...
good on you! well done for doing something about it

a celeb in our midst!

Yeah, well...a reluctant local one! I'm requesting a meeting with the mayor.
I'm kind of sick of having so much to be p!ssed off about. And I consider
myself a pretty reasonable person.

Old December 2nd 05, 09:13 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Woohoo way to go Amy ) Now roll on the Mayor

--
Pip

My girls :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 9 months old and has started to babble
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3.5 yrs Favourite saying "What you doing that
for?"

"Inside me is a skinny women screaming to get out........but I can normally
keep the b*tch quiet with cookies"

Old December 2nd 05, 12:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
many.

Jeni

Old December 2nd 05, 03:40 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Mum of Two wrote:
Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

Amy - you ROCK!

Jacqueline

[Even though it is close to zero degrees here in Vancouver, I have a
strong desire to go feed DS in public today for some reason ;-)]
Old December 2nd 05, 03:42 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Jen wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
many.

Jeni

Yeah asking Great Aunt Prude what she thinks is not the same as a
genuine survey... ;-)

Jacqueline
Old December 2nd 05, 06:48 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Cuddlefish" wrote in message
Mum of Two wrote:
Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

Amy - you ROCK!

Thanks :-) Jayne's a great journalist. I've been quoted before that made me
sound stupid, or a crank, so I was impressed.

[Even though it is close to zero degrees here in Vancouver, I have a
strong desire to go feed DS in public today for some reason ;-)]

Noooo! You might freeze yourself to your nursing bra.

Old December 2nd 05, 06:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Jen" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
many.

I really don't think they ever did a proper survey. If they did, no-one I
know ever heard about it. I can guarrantee that what they did was get the
offending attendant to ask some of the elderly patrons whether they wanted
to see 'breastfeedingandnappychanging' in the lounge and report back the
together the whole time to confuse the issue, even though I made it clear
from the outset I have no problem with separate changing facilities.
What irritates me is why a council needs a public survey for a human rights
issue. It's because it's breastfeeding that it's getting this sort of
treatment. If the survey was "Do you want to share the lounge of the
restrooms with Maori/white/Asian/Samoan people" I can just imagine how it
would go down.

Old December 2nd 05, 06:54 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Jen wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:02 +1300, Mum of Two wrote:

Regarding the ongoing restrooms/breastfeeding saga...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dailyne...1a6002,00.html

Brilliant! That is bf advocacy at it's best, good for you. How ridiculous
for the council to state they had surveyed women but be unable to say how
many. Jeni

Yeah asking Great Aunt Prude what she thinks is not the same as a genuine
survey... ;-)

LOL. I knew you would like that detail. :-)