Louisville Lawmaker Wants CPS Changes

Old December 24th 07, 03:22 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
firemonkey

Default Louisville Lawmaker Wants CPS Changes

On Dec 24, 8:47 am, " krp" wrote:
"ASSmonkey" wrote in message

On Dec 24, 8:08 am, " krp" wrote:
"Assmonkey" wrote in message

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A state lawmaker from Louisville is proposing
changes
to the state's Child Protective Services System.

Rep. Darryl Owens said he and his colleagues have heard
complaints
from
parents about children being improperly removed from their homes.
state commission recently concluded parents weren't getting a
fair
shake
in the courts when it came to fighting for their kids.

Owens said he wants to level the playing field by requiring
attorneys
represent the parent and the child at termination hearings. He
also
wants training for lawyers and judges in family court cases and
more
pay
for publicly appointed attorneys working the cases.
sponsor

"There are some instances in which the removal does not appear to
be
warranted and the fact they go in court and there's nobody there
advocate on behalf of the child or parent works to their
detriment,"
said Owens.

Owens pre-filed the bill in Frankfort for discussion in January.

Hell, Kentucky didn't even give people a Public pretender at TPR?
Or the other process?

*Do you think that people who can afford an attorney should be
GIVEN
public defender?*

Should they have to go broke to pay for one if the state is wrong?

Should I have to pay more taxes to cover their PD if they're guilty?

Absolutely down to the very LAST penny you have Betty! The one with
blood
all over it.
We all KNOW - - - "where there's smoke there's fire" so they are ALL
guilty
as hell, right Betty? EVERYONE accused is GUILTY!
Just ask DOCTOR ATTORNEY SULLIVAN he'll tell ya!

ken do something nice for yourself this holiday season, get a mental
heath evaluation

Oh Assmonkey, I'd do that if I ever considered listening to YOU for a
minute. But YOU are hardly "DATE BAIT" honey. Besides I AM married.

I do not date short, fat, ugly old men.You're safe piggy.

5' 10" isn't SHORT kiddo and I have lost weight and still am and from YOU I
will always be safe. I would only date human females, NOT BEASTS even when I
was single. If it were up to me YOUR photo would be used as the male
contraceptive. They'd hang it above the bed and NO man could ever get it up
so it would be 100% effective at birth control.

Since you have never seen a photo of me your point is moot.
We all have seen your photo piggy, and those of piggy junior.
Old December 24th 07, 10:51 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"firemonkey" wrote in message
On Dec 24, 7:01 am, " krp" wrote:
"dragonsgirl" wrote in message

et...

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A state lawmaker from Louisville is proposing
changes
to the state's Child Protective Services System.

Rep. Darryl Owens said he and his colleagues have heard complaints
from
parents about children being improperly removed from their homes. A
state commission recently concluded parents weren't getting a fair
shake
in the courts when it came to fighting for their kids.

Owens said he wants to level the playing field by requiring
attorneys
represent the parent and the child at termination hearings. He also
wants training for lawyers and judges in family court cases and more
pay
for publicly appointed attorneys working the cases.
sponsor

"There are some instances in which the removal does not appear to be
warranted and the fact they go in court and there's nobody there to
[...]

Oh snap.
I just cannot believe that he's talking **** to me about this.
Ken, it's people like you that make it oh so easy for others to refuse to
take responsibility for themselves.
Don't muddy the waters on this issue with your personal attacks.
If that's all you can contribute then keep it to yourself.
I do not believe that every person accused of child abuse, neglect, or a
crime should have free legal representation handed to them at the cost of
the tax payers when they have resources to secure legal counsel themselves.
Guilty, innocent, doesn't matter, PEOPLE, PAY YOUR OWN DAMN WAY IN THE
WORLD, TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN KIDS, AND THEN MAYBE SOME DAY WE CAN DO AWAY
WITH JAILS AND ORPHANAGES AND CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES AND EVEN CRAZY ASSED
TRIAL CONSULTANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that's my two cents for the holidays...merry christmas eve.

Old December 25th 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

BW *Do you think that people who can afford
BW an attorney should be GIVEN a public defender?*

LK Should they have to go broke to pay for one if the state is
wrong?

BW Should I have to pay more taxes to cover their PD if they're
guilty?

If a family pays for their own attorney and wins,
can they recoup the attorney costs from the state?

Isn't that traditional, since they (fraudulently) call it CIVIL COURT?

LIBERTY INTERESTS like right to be a family don't
belong in any CIVIL COURT. Higher standards are merited.
Old December 25th 07, 05:21 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

FM Since you have never seen a photo of
FM me your point is moot. We all have seen
FM your photo piggy, and those of piggy junior.

I haven't seen any photo of "piggy junior".

But I see you're developing an almost cult like fame, Firemonkey!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_0dZxf7MLVS8/...ass_tattoo.jpg
Old December 26th 07, 11:39 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, misc.legal
Greegor

BW *Do you think that people who can afford
BW an attorney should be GIVEN a public defender?*

LK Should they have to go broke to pay for one if the state is
wrong?

BW Should I have to pay more taxes to cover their PD if they're
guilty?

Is there "guilt" in Family Court?
There is also not supposed to be "punishment" in Family Court.
They are NOT supposed to act punitively.

Ever figure that out Betty?

G If a family pays for their own attorney and wins,
G can they recoup the attorney costs from the state?
G Isn't that traditional, since they (fraudulently) call it CIVIL
COURT?
G LIBERTY INTERESTS like right to be a family don't
G belong in any CIVIL COURT. * Higher standards are merited.
Old December 26th 07, 06:18 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,misc.legal
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
BW *Do you think that people who can afford
BW an attorney should be GIVEN a public defender?*

LK Should they have to go broke to pay for one if the state is
wrong?

BW Should I have to pay more taxes to cover their PD if they're
guilty?

Greasy Greg Is there "guilt" in Family Court?

Who was speaking of court findings?
If you have abused or neglected your child you are, indeed, GUILTY of child
abuse or neglect.

Greasy Greg There is also not supposed to be "punishment" in Family Court.
They are NOT supposed to act punitively.

In what instance did anyone say they did, they would, or they should?

Greasy Greg Ever figure that out Betty?

Ever wonder why I put so little stock in your narcissistic thought
processes?

Old December 26th 07, 07:16 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, misc.legal
Greegor

On Dec 26, 12:18*pm, "dragonsgirl" wrote:
"Greegor" wrote in message

[...]

Betty, Are you arguing that Juvenile Court
is about guilt/innocence or punishment?

I see ad hom which indicates chafing, but
I don't see any strong logical statement.

Which question did you answer?
Old December 26th 07, 08:18 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,misc.legal
krp

"dragonsgirl" wrote in message

BW *Do you think that people who can afford
BW an attorney should be GIVEN a public defender?*

LK Should they have to go broke to pay for one if the state is
wrong?

BW Should I have to pay more taxes to cover their PD if they're
guilty?

Greasy Greg Is there "guilt" in Family Court?

Yeah Betty - what do you do when you are not allowed to appear or
present a defense because you are not a parent???? Fair process?

Old December 28th 07, 02:38 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,misc.legal
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message

[...]

*No, Greg, I think YOU are the one arguing that point.
I simply replied that one who has abused or neglected a child is, indeed,
guilty of child abuse or neglect.

I see ad hom which indicates chafing, but
I don't see any strong logical statement.

*Figures, doesn't it?
Of course you would not see the logic in simple statements such as these.
It appears that some of us think that the expense of family court cases
should go to taxpayers.
That people who are very well capable of paying for their own attorneys
should be allowed a public defender regardless of their ability to pay,
further stressing the system, and the amount of taxes that go into
supporting such a thing.
I say it's bunk.
I think that people who have the resources should pay their own way.
For those who do not have the resources, then fine, what's the harm in them
receiving free legal counsel.
Then the wrench gets thrown into the conversation...why should people have
to go broke prove the state is wrong?
I asked if I should have to pay more taxes if they are guilty. In other
words, when the state is NOT wrong.
Then you start in with your bull**** about guilt/innocence, punishment, etc.
None of the above are the point.
The point is that people should take responsibility for themselves, and for
their offspring.
Handing over government funds to those who are capable of taking care of
their own needs is absurd.
You point to the guilty/innocent issue? Is it not true that someone who
commits an act is 'guilty' of said act? And someone who does not commit
said act is 'innocent' of said act? It's basic english. And we all know
that the purpose of family courts is not to punish, so why even bother
yourself to throw that in?
It's like you are grasping at straws.
The issue is public defenders and who should have one, not guilt, innocence,
or the consequences of.

Which question did you answer?

*I answered them all, you just didn't want to see it.