Social worker's perjury trial to start Wednesday

Old January 14th 08, 02:55 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
Dan Sullivan

Default Dan arguing caseworker isn't caseworker

On Jan 13, 9:10 pm, Greegor wrote:
G It's unusual that a DHS CPS caseworker has a "license".

DS There wasn't a claim that she was a CPS caseworker.

G It uses other words for the same thing, Dan.

article "County social worker"
article "filing three child welfare reports"
article "The child-in-need-of-assistance case"
article "Mahler is employed by the Iowa Department of Human
Services"

DS Is it your claim that all DHS social workers are
DS Child Protective Services caseworkers?

Why do you ask if I claim something I never said?

Marie Hope (Siemens) Mahler 7/12/67 FECR074436 was the issue.

DS Even those who work for Adult Protective Services?

Didn't you read "child-in-need-of-assistance case" above, Dan?

Let me know when it ACTUALLY reads "Child Protective Services
caseworker."
Old January 14th 08, 08:26 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Default CINA for Adult abuse, Dan?

G It's unusual that a DHS CPS caseworker has a "license".

DS There wasn't a claim that she was a CPS caseworker.

G It uses other words for the same thing, Dan.

article "County social worker"
article "filing three child welfare reports"
article "The child-in-need-of-assistance case"
article "Mahler is employed by the Iowa Department of Human
article Services"

DS Is it your claim that all DHS social workers are
DS Child Protective Services caseworkers?

G Why do you ask if I claim something I never said?

Dan?

G Marie Hope (Siemens) Mahler 7/12/67 *FECR074436 was the issue.

DS Even those who work for Adult Protective Services?

G Didn't you read "child-in-need-of-assistance case" above, Dan?

DS Let me know when it ACTUALLY reads
DS "Child Protective Services caseworker."

Check your hindquarters Dan, I suspect
"caseworker" is tatooed there somewhere.

Nice try with that Adult Protective Services dodge, BTW.

Pretty dumb with "child-in-need-of-assistance case"
right there in the article though.

Old January 15th 08, 02:29 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Kent Wills

Default Iowa DHS caseworker charged with PERJURY

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:53:12 -0800 (PST), Greegor
wrote:

[...]

G What's the statute of limitations for this Kent?

KW Perjury has a SoL of seven years in the state of Iowa.

G Can you point out the statute, Kent?

KW Of course. *Unlike you, I don't make up facts.
KW *However, I was in error regarding your case.
KW *The SoL is two years. *You've long since
KW forfeited any hope of a successful suit.

http://www.statutes-of-limitations.com/state/iowa

BZZT! You are STILL WRONG KENT!

I'll give you a clue.

Is Perjury a CIVIL COURT matter?

It can be, and since you wanted to sue based in part on what
you claim is perjury, it's relevant.
But continue to lie to yourself (and presumably Lisa)
regarding your futile suit.

--
Kent
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons...
Old January 16th 08, 01:17 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
firemonkey

Default A few of the Lisa Watkins posts

On Jan 15, 4:12 pm, Greegor wrote:
Dan?

Iowa: CPS Social Worker Charged With Perjury during TPR Hearing
The WCF Courier reported:

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Jun 20 2001, 12:40 am
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-
parents, alt.parenting.spanking, misc.kids, misc.legal
From: "Lisa Watkins"
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:40:28 GMT
Subject: Straus
Chris:
In light of Strauss' own statements and information Doan presented
here, are
you ready to change your assertion that Strauss is unbiased?
Did you ever go to college/university?
Did you think every PhD professor was a paragon of truth and all-
knowing?

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Jun 19 2001, 10:26 pm
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-
parents, alt.adoption
From: "Lisa Watkins"
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 04:26:24 GMT
Subject: "I'm on a mission ... I want to get rid of 'rats,'" he
said.
wrote
"Carl is somebody who understands the
culture of violence that permeates a lot of communities,
and he's part and parcel of what child welfare is all about,"

Here we have a Social Worker expert describing violence
as a social disease. The pretense that a professor has practical
knowledge about violence in the real world or on the mean streets
is laughable.
If THIS is what child welfare is all about, then WHY is this guy
brought in to shake things up? (Not really an outsider!)
"This isn't rescue fantasy for him; this is making sure kids are safe."

"rescue fantasy"? Is that like the "Catcher in the Rye" syndrome?
Isn't this where somebody brought up "Munchhausen by Proxy" as
a serious explanation for over-zealous caseworkers?
(Hurting the child to save the child?)
Urban Services Inc. Meanwhile, CMHC will provide counseling to people
traumatized by false accusations as well as those with a history of

abusing
and neglecting children.

Interesting acknowledgement that there ARE FALSE ACCUSATIONS,
but it's mentioned almost in passing. I wonder how this "expert"
Social
Worker is going to determine which FOUNDED reports are in fact
false accusations, (causing the MOST TRAUMA!)
That requires CMHC to address a wide range of
problems, such as drug addiction and mental illness that contribute to
abuse and neglect. Treating those difficulties curbs the chance of future
abuse and helps build healthy families, Bell said.

I don't see any mention of targeting bad behavior at CPS (DCYF).
All solutions mentioned involve defects in families and parents.
None involve defects at DCYF.

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Sep 30 2001, 5:05 pm
Newsgroups: alt.support.foster-parents, alt.support.child-protective-
services
From: "Lisa Watkins"
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:05:50 GMT
Subject: Lookism in the court waiting area
Even if you don't give a rip about the damage that CPS does
to the child's family, you should be concerned about harm
to the child themself. This happens in several ways, first
because hurting the family does hurt the child. Secondly,
the child is damaged emotionally by the removal.
Thirdly, kids removed for piddly stuff like clutter are exposed
to 10x the risk of child abuse at the hands of the Foster Parents.
In other words, CPS actually does more harm than good.

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Sep 30 2001, 4:35 pm
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
From: "Lisa Watkins"
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:35:29 GMT
Subject: CASE FILES......
How old is the old "founded"?
Was the 3 copues of everything to cover up for them NOT giving
you other things they originally counted for the copy charge?
I think they always report badly, with huge gaps and big issues
overlooked. If the gaps fall both foar and against you, that's
not as bad as if the gaps and lapses are all one-sided.
Judge Pallmeyer complained about the one-sided reportage,
where facts in the parents favor were deliberately not reported.
Have you tried the approach of getting them to let you look at the
entire case file? Your lawyer should be able to arrange it and go
with you to CPS to see the case file. We still haven't done this
either, but CPS has not pretended that we have all documents.
Have they pretended that they gave you all of the documents?
(Especially in writing?)
Did they include all written notes?
Greg
"Jennifer" said

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Sep 30 2001, 6:42 pm
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services
From: "Lisa Watkins"
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 00:42:53 GMT
Subject: IS IT CHILD ABUSE?
In our case, giving the child a fast cold shower each time
the 7 year old peed herself in the daytime is written up
as an attempt at hypothermia.
It's so much better now for her to have a rash.
Old January 16th 08, 05:27 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
firemonkey

On Jan 15, 7:17 pm, firemonkey wrote:
On Jan 15, 4:12 pm, Greegor wrote:

Dan?

Iowa: CPS Social Worker Charged With Perjury during TPR Hearing
The WCF Courier reported:

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Jun 20 2001, 12:40 am
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-
parents, alt.parenting.spanking, misc.kids, misc.legal
From: "Lisa Watkins"
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:40:28 GMT
Chris:
In light of Strauss' own statements and information Doan presented
here, are
you ready to change your assertion that Strauss is unbiased?
Did you ever go to college/university?
Did you think every PhD professor was a paragon of truth and all-
knowing?

Lisa Watkins View profile

More options Jun 19 2001, 10:26 pm
Newsgroups: alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-
parents, alt.adoption

Old January 16th 08, 11:45 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Default Why Caseworker Perjury charges were dropped - Subpoena's notanswered?

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2...cb00467d09.txt

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 12:03 PM CST
Charges against Buchanan County social worker dismissed
By JOSH NELSON, Courier Staff Writer

INDEPENDENCE --- Prosecutors on Monday dismissed charges against a
Buchanan County social worker.

Marie Mahler, 39, of Cedar Falls, was charged with three counts of
perjury. She was accused of filing false child welfare reports to the
court. Her trial was scheduled to begin Wednesday.

Delaware County Attorney John Bernau, who was specially appointed to
the case, said he filed the motion to dismiss because subpoenas issued
nearly four months ago seeking information haven't been answered.
Bernau said he was bumping against a deadline set for a speedy trial
to either dismiss or go ahead with the case.

"I did not want to proceed to a trial when I believe there is
additional information out there that for whatever reason I don't
have," Bernau said.

He declined to elaborate on what he had requested in the document or
to whom it was sent. He said the charges will be filed again when he
gets the information.

"My intent is not to let the thing slide," he said. "I'm not
dismissing because I don't believe I'm lacking in evidence. I'm
dismissing because individuals or entities have not complied with
court-ordered subpoenas."

Kevin Engels, Mahler's attorney, said in the meantime, he and his
client will treat the case as if it's been dismissed and not worry
much about whether Mahler will face charges again.

"I guess we'll see if they're inclined to refile it," Engels said. "If
they do, then we'll just have to pick up our swords again."

Engels said he was unsure what information Bernau is seeking.

According to court documents, Mahler, an employee with the Iowa
Department of Human Services, entered three reports between August and
October 2004 containing misrepresentations of conversations, events or
relationships of people involved in a custody dispute between Denise
Gander of Jesup and Allen Gardner of Tripoli.

The case began in February 2004 with a child-in-need-of-assistance
case. Gander's two youngest children, a boy and a girl, tested
positive for having methamphetamine in their systems.

Gander and Gardner began a legal battle for the girl, who is Gardner's
daughter. Mahler's reports were filed during that time period,
according to court documents.

State officials said it is unusual for a social worker to be charged
with perjury for information included in a report. Perjury is a Class
D felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Contact Josh Nelson at (319) 291-1565 or .

Filings
Title: ST V MAHLER, MARIE
Case: 01101 FECR074436 (BUCHANAN)
Event Filed By Filed Create Date Last Updated Action Date
OTHER ORDER BOWER THOMAS N 01/10/2008 01/11/2008 01/11/2008
Comments: IN ADDITION TO COURTS ORDER OF 01/08/08 THE COSTS
ASSOCIATED
W/THIS ACTION ARE ASSESSED TO THE STATE
COURT REPORTER CERTIFICATE FORD JILL 01/08/2008 01/08/2008
01/08/2008
Comments: W/NOTES (1)
DISMISSED W/O PREJUDICE BOWER THOMAS N 01/08/2008 01/08/2008
01/08/2008
Comments: TRIAL SCHEDULED FOR 01/09/08 @ 9AM IS CANCELED
MOTION TO DISMISS BERNAU JOHN WILLIAM 01/07/2008 01/07/2008
01/07/2008
Comments: WITHOUT PREJUDICE
MOTION IN LIMINE ENGELS KEVIN D 01/07/2008 01/07/2008 01/07/2008
RETURN OF SERVICE ON SUBPEONA BUCHANAN COUNTY SHERIFF 12/26/2007
12/26/2007 12/26/2007
Comments: SUBPOENA SERVED ON DONALD BECKER/FEES OF $22.44 DUE
BUCHANAN
CO SHERIFF
OTHER ORDER BOWER THOMAS N 12/18/2007 12/18/2007 12/18/2007
Comments: MATTER CAME BEFORE THE COURT FOR FINAL PRETRIAL
CONFERENCE;BOTH COUNSEL INDICATED THEY ARE
READY TO PROCEED
TO TRIAL ON 01/09/08 @ 9AM
RETURN OF SERVICE ON SUBPEONA 12/18/2007 12/18/2007 12/18/2007
Comments: SERVED BY TRI STAR PROCESS SERVICES;SERVED ON DON
WEBBER
RETURN OF SERVICE ON SUBPEONA 12/18/2007 12/18/2007 12/18/2007
Comments: FILED BY TRI STAR PROCESS SERVICES;SUBPOENA SERVED ON
MICHAEL GANDER (SUBSTITUTE SERVICE ON DON
WEBBER)
OTHER ORDER HARRIS JEFFREY L 12/07/2007 12/10/2007 12/10/2007
Comments: PRETRIAL CONFERENCE 12/18/07 @ 10AM
ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE LEKAR KELLYANN 12/04/2007 12/05/2007
12/05/2007
Comments: TRIAL CONTD TO 01/09/08 @ 9AM;PRETRIAL CONFERENCE
01/04/08 @
9:30AM
OTHER EVENT MAHLER MARIE H 10/18/2007 10/18/2007 10/18/2007
Comments: RESCISSION OF WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SPEEDY TRIAL
OTHER ORDER ZAGER BRUCE B 10/09/2007 10/10/2007 10/10/2007
Comments: MOTION TO QUASH FILED ON BEHALF OF DEFT IS DENIED
EXCEPT
THAT ALL INFORM RELATING TO ANY ACCOUNTS
ESTABLISHED FOR
DONATIONS MADE TO ASSIST IN PYMT OF MARIE
MAHLERS LEGAL FEES
ASSOCIATED W/DEFENSE SHALL BE QUASHED;IN ALL
OTHER RESPECTS
MOTION TO QUASH IS DENIED & STATE ENTITLED TO
INFORMATION
REQUESTED IN CO ATTY SUBPOENAS
OTHER ORDER STIGLER GEORGE L 09/18/2007 09/18/2007 09/18/2007
Comments: HRG ON OBJECTIONS TO STATES SUBPOENAS SCHEDULED FOR
10/09/07
@ 1:30PM;TRIAL RESCHEDULED TO 12/12/07 @
9AM;PRETRIAL
CONFERENCE 12/04/07 @ 10AM
MOTION ENGELS KEVIN D 09/18/2007 09/18/2007 09/18/2007
Comments: TO QUASH
WAIVER OF SPEEDY TRIAL MAHLER MARIE H 07/25/2007 07/25/2007
07/25/2007
ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE PEARSON ALAN 07/24/2007 07/25/2007
07/25/2007
Comments: TRIAL CONTD TO 09/26/07 @ 9AM;PRETRIAL CONFERENCE
09/18/07 @
9:30AM
MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE ENGELS KEVIN D 07/23/2007 07/23/2007
07/23/2007
OTHER APPLICATION ENGELS KEVIN D 07/19/2007 07/19/2007 07/19/2007
Comments: FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO FILE PRETRIAL MOTIONS
SUBPOENA PER DUCTES TECUM 07/11/2007 07/17/2007 07/17/2007
ORDER TO ISSUE SUBPOENA CLARKE STEPHEN C 07/11/2007 07/17/2007
07/17/2007
Comments: COURT FINDS SUBPOENAS REQ BY PROSECUTING ATTY SHOULD
BE
ISSD;CLERK DIRECTED TO ISSUE SUBPOENAS AS
REQUESTED & TO
MAINTAIN ALL PAPERS RELATING TO MATTER IN
CONFIDENTIAL FILE
OTHER APPLICATION BERNAU JOHN WILLIAM 07/11/2007 07/17/2007
07/17/2007
Comments: FOR APPROVAL TO ISSUE PROSECUTING ATTORNEYS SUBPOENAS
SUBPOENA PER DUCTES TECUM 07/03/2007 07/03/2007 07/03/2007
OTHER ORDER PEARSON ALAN 07/03/2007 07/03/2007 07/03/2007
Comments: SUBPOENAS REQUESTED BY PROSECUTING ATTY SHOULD BE
ISSUED;CLERK IS AUTHORIZED TO ISSUE SUBPOENAS
AS REQUESTED &
MAINTAIN ALL PAPERS RELATING TO THIS MATTER IN
CONFIDENTIAL FILE
OTHER APPLICATION BERNAU JOHN WILLIAM 07/03/2007 07/03/2007
07/03/2007
Comments: FOR APPROVAL TO ISSUE PROSECUTING ATTORNEYS SUBPOENAS
ORDER OF ARRAIGNMENT BAUCH JAMES C 06/26/2007 06/27/2007 06/27/2007
Comments: PRETRIAL CONFERENCE 07/24/07 @ 9:30AM;JURY TRIAL
08/08/07 @
9AM
ORDER APPOINTING PEARSON ALAN 06/15/2007 06/18/2007 06/18/2007
Comments: JOHN W BERNAU APPTD TEMP BUCH CO ATTY FOR SOLE PURPOSE
OF
PROSECUTING PROCEEDINGS IN CASE
OTHER APPLICATION VANDERHART ALLAN W 06/15/2007 06/18/2007
06/18/2007
Comments: FOR APPOINTMENT OF TEMPORARY COUNTY ATTORNEY
WRITTEN ARRAIGNMENT & PLEA OF NOT GUILTY MAHLER MARIE H 06/08/2007
06/08/2007 06/08/2007
ORDER FOR ARRAIGNMENT CURNAN ROBERT J 06/05/2007 06/05/2007
06/05/2007
Comments: 06/26/07 @ 10AM
TRIAL INFORMATION BERNAU JOHN WILLIAM 06/05/2007 06/05/2007
06/05/2007
Comments: W/MINUTES
OTHER ORDER GEER TODD A 03/13/2007 06/05/2007 06/05/2007
Comments: APPLICATION FOR COUNSEL DENIED
APP FOR COUNSEL/FINANCIAL STATMENT MAHLER MARIE H 03/13/2007
06/05/2007 06/05/2007

Old January 17th 08, 12:05 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Kent Wills

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:17:05 -0800 (PST), firemonkey
wrote:

On Jan 15, 4:12 pm, Greegor wrote:
Dan?

Iowa: CPS Social Worker Charged With Perjury during TPR Hearing
The WCF Courier reported:

Those were from Greg. He was just hiding behind Lisa's skirt.

Old January 17th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services, alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated, alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

You ****ants can't even keep an ongoing news story on track?
Old January 17th 08, 04:47 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Kent Wills

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:49:51 -0800 (PST), Greegor
wrote:

You ****ants can't even keep an ongoing news story on track?

What's to keep on track? You posted a plagiarized article
stating the charges have been dropped without prejudice. What more
needs to be mentioned at this point?