toddler questions

Old October 23rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to misc.kids
sscreen

Default toddler questions

Caledonia wrote:
Catherine Woodgold wrote:
"sscreen" ) writes:
If someone is dressed nicely,
clean, smells nice, wears nice clean clothes, then "gross" and "filthy"
do not even cross my mind, even if I see them holding a cigarette.

What if you try to kiss them?

After they ducked away and said, "do I *know* you?"?

I have no idea whether smokers would be more or less likely to press
charges....

Caledonia

(sorry -- the image was just too funny for me to resist..)

*giggle* I thought about that when I started to respond... that's why I
mentioned "before I was married" because of course I wouldn't kiss one
of those people now. :-)

Still, kissing someone is different from judging by appearances,
wouldn't you say??

I've known smokers that didn't smell bad. They usually smoked outside,
so the air probably diffused the tendency for the smoke to "cling" to
them. I've known non-smokers that smelled bad, because they didn't have
a habit of regular showers/baths.

Yes, I've smelled the smoke in clothing and cars, and I do hope that my
son will avoid starting to smoke cigarettes as he gets older. But I
really get "miffed" at the superior attitude that non-smokers seem to
have. (as a general rule, I'm not pointing fingers or being specific in
any way!!)

Funnily... even though I'm a smoker, I hate to be around someone who
smokes when the smoke is blown in my direction. I can't stand to have
smoke blown in my face, and even my own cigarette irritates the hell
out of me if the smoke goes up my nose. All good reasons to quit....

Old October 23rd 06, 06:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Nan

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:34:28 -0500, "Tori M"
wrote:

Jeff smokes maybe 7 cigs a day.. he does not reek.. I have had times where
he DID but most of the time he smells just fine. He does smoke outside and
tries to smoke so the smoke blows away from him. so maybe that helps.. also
his cigs have an ok smell to them in general.. they are not just the GPC's
or the cheapest ones. I dont agree with his smoking but I knew he smoked
when I married him and I married him anyway. I can remember 2-3 times ever
that the smoking overwhelmed me after he came in.

The only time it bugs me other then that is in the car if I have a cold..

It could be that you're used to the way he smells, too.

I know my dh does reek when he smokes, and I've been around others who
don't reek, but they still smell bad.

And when I worked at the library I hated shelving books that had been
checked out by smokers. The smell lingered for a long time on the
books :-(

Nan
Old October 23rd 06, 08:58 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

wrote:

Jeff smokes maybe 7 cigs a day.. he does not reek.. I have had times where
he DID but most of the time he smells just fine. He does smoke outside
and
tries to smoke so the smoke blows away from him. so maybe that helps..
also
his cigs have an ok smell to them in general.. they are not just the GPC's
or the cheapest ones. I dont agree with his smoking but I knew he smoked
when I married him and I married him anyway. I can remember 2-3 times
ever
that the smoking overwhelmed me after he came in.

The only time it bugs me other then that is in the car if I have a cold..

It could be that you're used to the way he smells, too.

I believe that is probably the case. Just like most people don't notice how
their house smells. Most homes have a distinctive scent of some sort, but
the people living there don't notice it.

Old October 23rd 06, 11:35 PM posted to misc.kids
Tori M

Oh other people I know that smoke heavily I notice.. like my mom.. and If I
get into cars I can tell but Jeff isnt bad. Oh and I can tell the smell of
my house when I walk in :P

Tori

Old October 24th 06, 01:36 AM posted to misc.kids
bizby40

"sscreen" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've known smokers that didn't smell bad. They usually smoked
outside,
so the air probably diffused the tendency for the smoke to "cling"
them. I've known non-smokers that smelled bad, because they didn't
have
a habit of regular showers/baths.

I've known non-smokers that smelled bad, but never a smoker that
didn't. Right after a shower maybe, but not past the first cigarette
of the day.

I'm getting more and more upset about smoking outside. I know the
smokers will say "Where else are we going to go?" and I don't know the
answer to that. But I've run into so many clouds of outdoor smoke
that it's really getting on my nerves. We have an outdoor mall in my
city. It's a really nice place with a lot of unique shops and outdoor
restaurants. You can't even walk down it anymore since it's so full
of smoke. The other day I was walking through what I thought was a
smoke cloud, only it went on and on and didn't end. I finally
realized that I was in the smoke trail of the lady walking about 15
feet ahead of me. I've even stopped patronizing a couple of stores
because they let their employees smoke outside the front door on their
break.

I don't let my kids put down smokers, but we're all three liable to
hole our breath and run past.

Bizby

Old October 24th 06, 02:21 PM posted to misc.kids
Catherine Woodgold

"-L." ) writes:
toypup wrote:

I'd prefer my kids do none of the above.

Well, that kinda goes without sayin'....
-L.

The point some of us are trying to make is that
saying it (to one's child) is better than leaving
it unsaid.
Old October 24th 06, 03:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Ruth Baltopoulos

"-L." wrote:

toypup wrote:

I'd much rather my kids smoke pot than smoke cigs or drink. The wrong
drugs are legal.

I'd prefer my kids do none of the above.

Well, that kinda goes without sayin'....

It may go without saying to some (certainly not all), but bears
being voiced to children IMO and IME. I don't necessarily agree
that pot is the lesser evil as compared to cigs or drink,
rather
that moderation is key regardless

As my children have gotten older, now 19 & 20, I ask that they
examine the motivation behind any usage. They seem very quick
to recognize those of their peers that are using a substance
more
as a self-medication than a social tool...
--
Ruth B

"..And if you don't disappear up your own behind running in
such tight circles..." catshark, t.origins
Old October 24th 06, 05:35 PM posted to misc.kids
-L.

Catherine Woodgold wrote:

The point some of us are trying to make is that
saying it (to one's child) is better than leaving
it unsaid.

Well, that kinda goes without sayin' as well. Unless you are stuck in
the 1950's. Which most of these women are...
-L.