OT - Rude people on the internet

Old August 5th 04, 01:16 PM
firedancer623

Default OT - Rude people on the internet

I have about had it with the rude people I've encountered lately on ebay
especially.

A few days ago, I got an email from someone telling me that my auction
listing was offensive and inappropriate because I said "if you cannot pay
for the item, then please dont bid!!" and asked me to change it. I told her
no, rather politely I might add, and she wrote back today saying something
along the lines of me being discriminating against potential buyers and if I
contact her again she will seek legal action against me! WTF?! I was so
****ed (pardon my french) but come on, it's ebay. I thought it was rude of
her to email me in the first place but to reply back because I didn't change
it and threathen me?!

Sorry, I just had to vent. Am I just a beeotch or something? :P

Kari

Old August 5th 04, 01:49 PM
Peggy

"firedancer623" wrote in message
[...]

She must be a newbie to eBay. I've seen that statement in auctions many
times over the years.
I think there are more rude people in some (not all, just some) of the
newsgroups I visit.
Peggy

Old August 5th 04, 02:13 PM
newfy.1

"firedancer623" wrote in message
I have about had it with the rude people I've encountered lately on ebay
especially.

A few days ago, I got an email from someone telling me that my auction
listing was offensive and inappropriate because I said "if you cannot pay
for the item, then please dont bid!!" and asked me to change it. I told

her
no, rather politely I might add, and she wrote back today saying something
along the lines of me being discriminating against potential buyers and if

contact her again she will seek legal action against me! WTF?! I was so
****ed (pardon my french) but come on, it's ebay. I thought it was rude of
her to email me in the first place but to reply back because I didn't

change
it and threathen me?!

Discriminating because you specificy that you want buyer who actually pay
for their goods and don't welch on the deal? What a loser!

Even in my very limited Ebay experience, I've seen that statement written
statement in descriptions many times. She just sounds like a loon.

JennP.

Old August 5th 04, 03:06 PM
firedancer623

"newfy.1" wrote in message

[...]

And the thing is, I usually don't put that in my description. That
particular item was being sold again due to a non-paying bidder and that's
why I wrote it in. Oh well, you meet all kinds.

Kari

Old August 5th 04, 05:25 PM
Tori M.

[...]

Lol isnt it ebay policy to only bid if you can pay! That is funny.. Now
what would be offensive is if you said "No bidding if you are in anyway
connected to the Army" Or from North Carolina or something silly like
that..

Tori

Old August 6th 04, 12:44 AM
Denise~*

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:16:18 GMT, "firedancer623"
wrote:

I have about had it with the rude people I've encountered lately on ebay
especially.

A few days ago, I got an email from someone telling me that my auction
listing was offensive and inappropriate because I said "if you cannot pay
for the item, then please dont bid!!" and asked me to change it. I told her
no, rather politely I might add, and she wrote back today saying something
along the lines of me being discriminating against potential buyers and if I
contact her again she will seek legal action against me! WTF?! I was so
****ed (pardon my french) but come on, it's ebay. I thought it was rude of
her to email me in the first place but to reply back because I didn't change
it and threathen me?!

Sorry, I just had to vent. Am I just a beeotch or something? :P

Kari

hehe, descriminating against people who don't pay. That's a new one.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"
Old August 6th 04, 12:54 AM
Lina

[...]

(sarcasm)

How DARE you ask people to pay for their merchandise!!!!
(/sarcasm)

This is why I stopped hanging around ebay. It got too political and stupid.

Old August 6th 04, 01:01 AM
Denise~*

wrote:

I have about had it with the rude people I've encountered lately on ebay
especially.

A few days ago, I got an email from someone telling me that my auction
listing was offensive and inappropriate because I said "if you cannot pay
for the item, then please dont bid!!" and asked me to change it. I told her
no, rather politely I might add, and she wrote back today saying something
along the lines of me being discriminating against potential buyers and if I
contact her again she will seek legal action against me! WTF?! I was so
****ed (pardon my french) but come on, it's ebay. I thought it was rude of
her to email me in the first place but to reply back because I didn't change
it and threathen me?!

Sorry, I just had to vent. Am I just a beeotch or something? :P

Kari

Actually, that reminds me, I had a non-paying bidder once who insisted
he sent a postal money order to me. When it didn't show up, I asked
him to send proof that he sent it and/or proof he paid for the MO
(receipt from money order, etc...) and I would hold the item (not
re-list) until I received his check. He never sent me proof & only
made claims that he sent the check.

Below is his last e-mail to me. (I kept it, for posterity)

I think it is very unfair what you have done. You have made accusations
against me of fraud and it is unfair. I have done nothing wrong. I sent
the payment to you. In fact it was returned to me yesterday because of
insufficient postage.

I don't understand why women like you are quick to see only the negative,
the bad in people. You lack integrity, respect, and patience from what I
can gather. It is unfortunate you have chosen to relist the item when I was
the winner and still want it. I would have not bid on it if I did not
intend on paying.

This is so sad you have to act like a Arab around Christmas. Where is your
spririt of goodwill? Are you so unhappy with your life that you have to
ridicule others before the facts are known. Damn you!

I never accused him of anything & never ridiculed him. I only told
him that without proof I cannot hold the item for him. I even gave
him one last chance to pay me for the item, but he would have to
e-mail me a copy of the receipts or check so I knew it was on it's way
or proof that he is doing what he said he would do. Never once did he
ever try to proof he did anything.

Actually though, he did try to send proof once, but it was a scan of
an invalid USPS receipt done online (a receipt done without postage),
done the same day of me asking him for tracking on the mailed
envelope, but he said he had mailed it a week previous. He tried
passing it off as a real receipt.

People are weird.

Old August 6th 04, 10:59 AM
Tim and Stephanie

wrote:

[...]

Or just dumb as a box of rocks.

Old August 6th 04, 01:04 PM
Rosalie B.

"firedancer623" wrote:

I have about had it with the rude people I've encountered lately on ebay
especially.

A few days ago, I got an email from someone telling me that my auction
listing was offensive and inappropriate because I said "if you cannot pay
for the item, then please dont bid!!" and asked me to change it. I told her
no, rather politely I might add, and she wrote back today saying something
along the lines of me being discriminating against potential buyers and if I
contact her again she will seek legal action against me! WTF?! I was so
****ed (pardon my french) but come on, it's ebay. I thought it was rude of
her to email me in the first place but to reply back because I didn't change
it and threathen me?!

Sorry, I just had to vent. Am I just a beeotch or something? :P

I did a lot of selling on ebay last year (2002-2003). I had one
person refuse to accept or pay for an inexpensive pair of earrings
because I sent it to her before she paid for it. She didn't file a
negative but I was never able to sell that item.

I had another lady from Australia who bid on an item in spite of the
fact that my TOS said I only shipped to the US, and who threatened to
sue me because I wouldn't sell it to her (she worked in a lawyer's
office). Unfortunately in her case, I had mail from Australia blocked
so I never got her emails either.

I've had bidders who won auctions and between the time they got the
item and the time it came to pay for it were kicked off ebay.

Someone filed a neg report on me because the item didn't arrive - the
PO said it was delivered, she said I did not ship it. I filed to have
the problem adjudicated (with me paying that fee), and they asked her
to go to the PO and ask about the package. She refused to do that.

grandma Rosalie