can someone give me some advice?

Old January 10th 04, 10:48 PM
Krystle N

Default um..ok?

i know what you're saying..i'm a bad person... ok fine i'm immature..i'm
selfish..i'm just a big bitch..who's pregnant and money has to do a big
part of trying to raise a kid or even yourself.. i would never ever to
the thought of me being rich one day..cuz it's never goin to happen..
and i would never ever cuss at a child i would never abuse a child or
anything like that..
the person u need to talk to about that is my brother.. he used to
abuse me ..until i got out of my dads house.. i was tired of everything
that my dad and my brother was putting me through.. you don't know how
much it hurts being the only person you can depend on in a situation
like that..
so the next time u accuse me of doing something like that you better
think twice cuz you may think i'm some kind of rude person..the only
reason i'm saying this to u jamie is because you think i'm goin to be a
bad mother..and i'm not..i'm a sweet person..but i guess you won't ever
get to see how i am on the inside.. since you judge me b4 you really
know what's goin on...but i'm sorry you feel the way you do..i'm not
trying to be really mean or crule.. but if you can't appreciate the fact
that i had the guts to come in here and tell everyone that i'm a
teenager and i need help..because i might be pregnant..i'm sorry.. i
can't see why you would think that i would do that to a child.. but i'm
just goin to go ahead and take your advice.. if it's ok with you ..or
will you jump down my throat somemore?

Old January 10th 04, 11:26 PM
Chotii

"Krystle N" wrote in message
i know what you're saying..i'm a bad person... ok fine i'm immature..i'm
selfish..i'm just a big bitch..who's pregnant and money has to do a big
part of trying to raise a kid or even yourself..

So, *are* you pregnant or not? Do you have a test that will tell you, or do
you not? If not, can you get to a Planned Parenthood or a Crisis Pregnancy
Center? Either of these will probably provide a test for you for cheap or
free.

A CPC will also assist you with things you need (up to and including
maternity and baby clothes, baby furniture, and possibly even a safe house
to shelter in), but they do *not* offer the option of abortion and if you
bring it up, will actively attempt to discourage you. They also tend to be
run by Christian groups, which may or may not appeal to you.

Planned Parenthood may or may not offer concrete assistance with physical
needs, but certainly can refer you to government assistance. Many of them
also provide abortion services. I have never heard of them offering direct
concrete assistance such as clothing, but it's possible.

Your age is not quite as big a factor (in my mind) as the fact that
pregnancy is a challenging time in a woman's life, and you'll want emotional
support of some kind. If you cannot get it from your mother, father, and/or
the father of the baby, you'll need to get it somewhere. Medical care costs
money, and you should have medical care. Food, housing, all these things
cost money. Even if you were old enough to hold a full-time job (not in
Washington state, I don't know about other states) you might find yourself
too sick or too tired to work, especially in the first few months, and the
last few months. And then there is the baby, who will need you to stay with
him or her, or be in daycare (which is also expensive).

Take the test. If you're pregnant, get concrete help. We can offer
suggestions, but that's all we can do - we're scattered all over the
*world*. It's not very likely we're in your hometown. There *are* people in
your town who can help. Try the counsellor at your school, the school nurse,
the pastor at your church, a local Planned Parenthood or Crisis Pregnancy
Center.

--angela

Old January 10th 04, 11:32 PM
Sami

"Krystle N" wrote in message
[...]

Er...she wasn't calling you a verbally abusive mother...she was calling your
mother verbally abusive...which you mentioned before. Also, I don't see
where she was calling you immature or selfish. She was just trying to point
out that sometimes the responsible thing to do (which is what you said you
wanted to do) isn't always to "suck it up" and keep the child. You said
that you don't have the money to raise a child. I think Jaime was trying to
show you that putting your baby up for adoption is a very responsible choice
for a fifteen year old girl with limited income and (from what you've said)
not a great home life. I can tell you this from experience. My mother took
off when I was only two months old (she was 17). My grandmother sent
someone after her with adoption papers for her to sign. I was raised
believing that my grandmother was my mom and my birth mother was my sister
(confused yet?). When I was 28 years old, my grandmother finally told me
the truth. I was so thankful. I got to see how my birth mother lived and I
truly believe that I wouldn't have had the opportunities I have had in my 30
years if I had even made it that far. She has since cleaned up her act and
we have a decent relationship. I feel no resentment towards her for giving
me up. I am truly thankful for the life I was given in return. Please
realize that people here are just trying to help you.

--
Sami
Walt Disney World Entertainment

Old January 11th 04, 12:18 AM
Jamie Clark

Read the post Krystal. Slow down, read it word for word, understand what is
being written to you, before you come back with a long drawn out post that
really says nothing.

My suggestion of adoption had nothing to do with how much you would love
this child, or what type of mother you would be -- it had to do with the
larger picture -- a 15 year old girl living at home with an abusive mother,
no father in the picture, or if the ex-boyfriend is in the picture, he's a
no good bum. What kind of living can you make, to support yourself and a
child? What kind of life can you give this child? Contrary to popular
believe, kids do need dads. It doesn't sound like your mother is very
supportive of you now, as a regular old teenager -- how do you think she
will react to the news of a baby. What kind of life can you have, with a
newborn at 16. You'll have to go to work full time, and likely put the baby
in daycare all day long. Plus, if you want to go to college, that's hard
enough, without adding a baby to the mix. Sometimes mothering isn't about
raising that child, but about giving it a better life than you can give it.

Case in point, my daughter Taylor is adopted. Her birthparents were a young
(24) married couple with two small children. They were having marital
issues, and had separated. He beat her, and she wouldn't stand for it.
Soon after they separated, she found out she was pregnant. Together they
decided that there marriage wasn't going to work out, and that finding an
intact, two parent home for this new baby would be the best thing they could
do for her. They did that. It wasn't that they didn't love her, or that it
wasn't hard. They do love her, and it is hard. But they did what was best
for this baby, not for them. I tell Taylor's birthmother often that she is
a good mother to all her children, even though she chose different paths for
them. In light of their marital situation, what they decided to do for this
baby was very responsible.

I have to say, not that it matters any, that it's becoming clearer and
clearer to me at least, that you probably are a troll -- because you never
actually answer any of the questions in the helpful posts, or even in the
unhelpful posts. You just go off on tirades about how misunderstood you
are, and how we all hate you.

Early on in discussions, you were asked several questions -- all of which
you've ignored. If you answered any of the questions we might actually
believe that you are really in trouble and need help, rather than just bored
and looking to talk to someone.

1. How late is your cycle?
2. Do you have access to a Planned Parenthood?
3. Do you have a home pregnancy test in your possession.
4. Take the test and see what it says, and let us know. Without the answer
to this one simple question, all we are ALL doing, yourself included, is
banging our heads against a brick wall.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Old January 11th 04, 02:13 AM
Jamie Clark

"Nan" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:48:23 -0600 (CST),
(Krystle N) wrote:

SNIP

How about taking that test before coming back here and ranting about
things that nobody has said to you?

Nan

Hee hee hee hee! My thoughts exactly!

Old January 11th 04, 02:28 AM
Krystle N

i always have my periods on the 8th of every month.. i've talked to one
of my friends about the planned parenthood thing and she said there's
one somewhere around here..and me and her talked about it..and she said
that if i needed anything that i should tell her..and she can help
me,......the pregnancy test thing... i took it b4 my period date was
supposed to happen...so now i have to try and gather some money up and
buy another one i guess.. and i will try and let yall know the results
here soon... i promise

Old January 11th 04, 03:03 AM
JennP

"Krystle N" wrote in message
i always have my periods on the 8th of every month..

The 8th *every* month? No matter how long or short the month is? Since each
month lengths vary, that seems a little odd to me.

i've talked to one
of my friends about the planned parenthood thing and she said there's
one somewhere around here..and me and her talked about it..and she said
that if i needed anything that i should tell her..and she can help
me,......

Planned Parenthood has a sliding scale based on income, so you should be
able to get a pregnancy test for a pretty small amount.

--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old January 11th 04, 03:19 AM
Krystle N

ok thanks for yalls help..i'll be back when i have the results.....
krystle

Old January 11th 04, 03:54 AM
Jody Pellerin

Default can someone give me some advice?

O_O Wow Jamie *Claps* I just read almost all of these posts, and all by
Kristen and I can't believe her attitude towards you guys after how you
tried to give her the advice she asked for. She asked for it, she got it.
Careful what you ask for, right?
"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Krystle N" wrote in message
wtf are yall doin?...i'm just looking for people (FRIENDS) to talk
to..if it's any of yalls business..i come in here to get advice...not to

Snip
everybody-hates-me-so-I'm-leaving...just-after-I-write-one-more-post,-oooh,-
one-more,-okay,-just-one-more...now-I'm-leaving,-really-I-am post

ahead and say it cuz i'm goin to leave this discussion here soon because
of the way most of yall are treating me.. but i'm very sorry for
whatever pain i caused you..
bye
Krystle

Bye ya'll. Don't let the door hit your *ss on the way out. Buh buye.

Sorry, I guess I'm feeling a little snarky tonight.

Old January 11th 04, 04:34 PM
SuperEeyore

Krystle N wrote:
hi...my name is krystle i'm 15..and i think i might be pregnant.

Short answer: take a test

Long answer:

Living in limbo sucks. I was 19 when I was in the same place as you. I
didn't test and lived in fear and worry for 7 months. I didn't go to the
doctor and avoided my parents. 7 months of feeling sorry for myself, seven
long months. And I think what bugs me the most is that my parents were
upset for about a week. A week! And I spent 7 months with only their
reaction and what the heck am I going to do running in my head 24-7!

Test. Maybe you aren't and you are all the wiser now. Or maybe you are and
it's time to move on to the next worry. Test, all the other stuff to freak
out over can wait a few minutes until after the test. Five minutes of worry
while you test vs how long now? that you've been freaking out? Test!

Really I have aall the love and hugs for you right now! You are one step
ahead of where I was in that situation, you are reaching out. btdt.

Laurel
birthmother to Bj
and mommy to Juliet

Nedd Advice PLEASE!!!!!!! anna General (moderated) 3 March 22nd 04 01:49 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General 26 March 20th 04 04:47 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General 2 March 8th 04 05:49 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General (moderated) 2 March 8th 04 05:49 PM
Review: Something's Gotta Give (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 December 12th 03 10:56 PM