Left arm "falling asleep" - hurts

Old May 26th 04, 04:35 PM
Ronniegsd

Default Left arm "falling asleep" - hurts

Hello
I am on my second pregnancy - 18 weeks , my left arm fell asleep last night
and I woke up in pain and couldn't find a position beside lying on my back
to wake it up again, or to walk it off.
Last time it happened towards the end accompanied with carpal tunnel, it
went away few months after the birth of my son.
This time I still have much more time to go, any ideas of what to do?
Thank you, Ronnie

Old May 26th 04, 07:19 PM
Stormlady

I have the same problem only substitute right for left. I actually do have
some carpal tunnel, from working as a cake decorator not from being
pregnant. (although I'm sure that is contributing) What I have found to
help is to wear my splint more often. Sometimes when I wake up in the night
with dead hand and arm, I will put it on then and it takes the pins and
needles away. You should be able to get a splint for around $30 or so. I
spent $40 for mine but you can definately get them cheaper. When I had
Carpal tunnel really bad, I had to wear it 24/7 so I spent a bit extra to
get a more comfortable one.

Does sleeping on the opposite side help? sometimes when it goes numb, I
will sleep on my other side and that seems to help too.

news

Old May 26th 04, 08:21 PM
Alissa

"Ronniegsd" wrote in message
news
Hello
I am on my second pregnancy - 18 weeks , my left arm fell asleep last

night
and I woke up in pain and couldn't find a position beside lying on my back
to wake it up again, or to walk it off.
Last time it happened towards the end accompanied with carpal tunnel, it
went away few months after the birth of my son.
This time I still have much more time to go, any ideas of what to do?
Thank you, Ronnie

Both my arms go numb at times, depending on which way I lay, I just wake

up and move it about for a while...I had same with first pregnancy and
carpal tunnel( it lasted a few months), now I am 37 weeks and no sign of CT
yet.
Alissa