Advice offered for twin pregnancies!!!

Old June 16th 06, 01:02 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Advice offered for twin pregnancies!!!

I'm a new mum to 3mth old ID twin girls willing to speak with any
expectant twin mums!!!

Beccy
Twin mum to Charlotte & Jessica
08.03.2006

Lancashire ENGLAND

Old June 16th 06, 04:11 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Beccy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm a new mum to 3mth old ID twin girls willing to speak with any
expectant twin mums!!!

Beccy
Twin mum to Charlotte & Jessica
08.03.2006

Lancashire ENGLAND

Hi Beccy,

I have 2mo old twins. Boys, fraternal. I live in the US and have two
older boys as well. It is hard not to be a little obsessed with all things
twin isn't it. It is probably dangerous to get me going, lol. My
pregnancy was pretty uneventful for a twin pregnancy. I lucked out with a
fast complication free delivery as well.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old June 18th 06, 03:28 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Nikki wrote:
"Beccy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm a new mum to 3mth old ID twin girls willing to speak with any
expectant twin mums!!!

Beccy
Twin mum to Charlotte & Jessica
08.03.2006

Lancashire ENGLAND

Hi Beccy,

I have 2mo old twins. Boys, fraternal. I live in the US and have two
older boys as well. It is hard not to be a little obsessed with all things
twin isn't it. It is probably dangerous to get me going, lol. My
pregnancy was pretty uneventful for a twin pregnancy. I lucked out with a
fast complication free delivery as well.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99
Luke 4/01
Brock 4/06
Ben 4/06

OMG, Please tell me everything, I just found out at my 10 week
appoitment that we might have twins. I'm a little freaked out by
it...we already have a 3 year old and weren't really expecting two! I
also don't know anyone who has twins, so I need all the advice I can
get. How far to you make it in your pregnancy before you delivered?
Did you have a C section? How is life now? Do they sleep/eat at the
same time? Did you nurse? Okay I could go on forever!

Thanks for offering advice, what perfect timing!!!

Kerry

Old June 18th 06, 03:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Kerry in Boston" wrote in message

OMG, Please tell me everything, I just found out at my 10 week
appoitment that we might have twins.

Hi and congratulations!! :-D. I didn't find out until the 20 week
ultrasound that it was twins. Very shocking. I spent about a month totally
freaking out about everything. Then I started to settle down and get
excited :-)

How far to you make it in your pregnancy before you delivered?

I was between 37 and 38 weeks when my water broke. I started dialating at
around 30 weeks. This was my 3rd pregnancy so some of that was probably
normal. At 31 weeks they gave me the steroid shots just to be safe. I was
5cm dialated the day before I delivered. I was put on modified bedrest at
hmm...32 weeks IIRC. I started working from home and had other people do my
cleaning, shopping, and a great deal of the cooking, otherwise I was able to
carry on with life around the house and pick my kids up from school etc. If
I wouldn't have had help at the end I think I would have been really really
physically miserable because I was huge, but with help I was OK. I had big
babies so it was a lot of weight. 7lbs10oz and 8lbs7oz.

Did you have a C section?

Nope, it was a complication free vaginal delivery. No meds or interventions
of any kind. It was only two hours from water breaking to holding both
babies. :-D

How is life now? Do they sleep/eat at the
same time? Did you nurse? Okay I could go on forever!

It has actually been much easier then I expected. I think that is because
a) I was prepared for hell. I had a harder time adjusting to my first to be
honest! b) they aren't moving yet. I expect that will change things
considerably, lol. c) I lucked out with easy babies. d) I'm still on
maturnity leave so it is like a big vacation for me. I know things will be
a lot tougher when I return to work.

They eat mostly at the same time now but it took us about 6 weeks before
that happened. They sleep the same at night but different during the day.
I actually like it that way. They still sleep a lot so when they start
taking regular naps I might try and change that. They wake up 2-3 times a
night now, which is better then my others so I'm not complaining! I'm not
much of a schedule person so if you wanted them to sleep/eat together I
think that would be managable after the first couple months.

I do nurse. It wasn't as easy in the beginning as it was with my singletons
but it wasn't to bad :-) We are nursing exclusively except I pump for a
bottle a day about 5 days a week to prepare them for my return to work.

Thanks for offering advice, what perfect timing!!!

Well don't hesitate to ask anything. Like I said, I love to talk about it
;-) So far it has been really fun. I can't go anywhere that people don't
say something. Sort of like being in a special club, lol.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Have only child and want another...advice Shelly General 90 April 12th 04 09:03 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General 26 March 20th 04 04:47 PM
Advice Please (x-posted) toto General 2 March 8th 04 05:49 PM
First-time summer swim coach seeks advice from parents! Katie General (moderated) 13 February 24th 04 02:36 AM
CTTS: 11 yo tattoo advice Iowacookiemom General (moderated) 0 October 24th 03 03:03 AM