Alena's 6 months update (With a Hale's look up request) (X-posted)

Old January 6th 04, 01:12 PM
Jacqui

Default Alena's 6 months update (With a Hale's look up request) (X-posted)

Dawn Lawson wibbled

While I concur that, as in Alena's case, if you can see the tooth,
you'd know that is what was going on, how would you otherwise know
that the teeth were moving? Or does one simply assume that
drooling and fussiness are the accepted signs of teething and
therefore even in the absence of signs of teeth, those indicators
are referred to as "teething" even if the teeth do not appear in
any way for many more months? I don't know that I buy the
"teething" explaination for early drooling and mouthing of
objects.

Do you have your wisdom teeth/have you had them extracted? I knew mine
were coming through a good year before they actually surfaced. I think
T is teething because although there are no enamel parts visible there
are raised bumps in seemingly random places on his gums, he
consistently bites (fingers, rattles, spoons, anything portable) in the
same places - right on these bumps - and his cheek is red in a
corresponding place, something I noticed with my own (wisdom) teeth.
Adults don't drool and shove everything in their mouths because they're
taught not to but believe me, when mine were coming through I wanted
to. (And I did occasionally sleep with an iced flannel in the corner of
my mouth, to bite on. Mine were coming through sideways though, and
were unnecessarily painful according to my dentist. 10 mins with
general anaesthetic when they were all within reach and I was a much
happier bunny.)

Jac
Old January 6th 04, 02:08 PM
Linz

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:12:14 +0000 (UTC), Jacqui
wrote:

[...]

I chewed on whatever I could when my wisdom teeth were on the move.
Carrots, pens, toothbrushes, cloves...
--
Linz
YB: 11 weeks, around 13lbs
Old January 6th 04, 04:06 PM
Dawn Lawson

Default "teething"? was Alena's 6 mo

Jacqui wrote:

Dawn Lawson wibbled

While I concur that, as in Alena's case, if you can see the tooth,
you'd know that is what was going on, how would you otherwise know
that the teeth were moving? Or does one simply assume that
drooling and fussiness are the accepted signs of teething and
therefore even in the absence of signs of teeth, those indicators
are referred to as "teething" even if the teeth do not appear in
any way for many more months? I don't know that I buy the
"teething" explaination for early drooling and mouthing of
objects.

Do you have your wisdom teeth/have you had them extracted?

I had one, very impacted, removed under a local in a 1.75 hr "operation"
that had the dentist stitching with shaking hands by the end of it.

I have no recollection of problems with it at all, other than it was
exposed on one corner, and I was going to be travelling away from home
on a motorbike for 6 weeks then flying overseas, and thought it foolish
to do so with an impacted and exposed wisdom tooth. I had problems
AFTER the extraction, wiht a sprained jaw and bite shifting, but no
problems with that or my teen molars in terms of having to bite things,
or suffering the teeth moving months before they appeared.

Feeling bumps or seeing redness is again, a clearer sign that the
problem may be teeth in infants.

I don't buy the rest of it at all. Sorry. Even the bit about giving
meds....it's easy enough to say that the teeth were causing the
fussiness, especially since eventually all kids get teeth, but there
doesn't seem to be any other correlation with teething other than kids
get fussy around 4mo. My DS was fussy and VERY drooly around 3-4 mo as
was his little friend and neither of them had ANY teeth until 8mo, but
the drooling and fussiness went away long before that.

I think it's one of those "superstitious behaviour" situations, in the
psychology terminology sense of it.

Dawn

Old January 6th 04, 06:15 PM
Michelle Podnar

Why not use a progesterone only pill?

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002
"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
Would herbal supplements and oatmeal and things like that help with the
supply issue?

I've got a lot of milk right now, so I'm not too worried, but
just in case, would oatmeal for breakfast help for the next little while?

It's really hard to say. Like I said, once the milk supply is well
established, some women find that bc pills don't make a big dent in their
supply, while other women find that they cause big problems. So it would

be
equally hard to know if things like herbs or oatmeal would make a

difference.

In general, combination pills are not advisible at all while bfing. If

you
have a good reason to use them, just be aware of the problems they can

cause
and, be ready to stop them if you notice supply problems. (Your supply

should
come back once you stop the pills, as long as baby is still nursing

often.)

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

(either remove spamblock or change address to to

e-mail
reply.)

Old January 6th 04, 07:27 PM
zeldabee

Dawn Lawson was all, like:
toto wrote:

[teething and drooling, biting]

It means the teeth are moving, but haven't come through yet.

While I concur that, as in Alena's case, if you can see the tooth,
you'd know that is what was going on, how would you otherwise know
that the teeth were moving? Or does one simply assume that drooling
and fussiness are the accepted signs of teething and therefore even
in the absence of signs of teeth, those indicators are referred to as
"teething" even if the teeth do not appear in any way for many more
months? I don't know that I buy the "teething" explaination for early
drooling and mouthing of objects.

My ped says that chewing and drooling are also related to speech, which I'd
never heard. He said that Sprogly might actually start teething now, or in a
year, even though he's been drooling and chewing a lot for the last month.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/

3 months - update Elly Pregnancy 3 January 20th 04 09:21 PM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
Solids; 4 months vs 6? Laurie General 9 August 12th 03 07:02 PM