Can Your Child Take A ADHD Med Summer Break?

Old May 13th 06, 10:10 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Default Can Your Child Take A ADHD Med Summer Break?

http://kutv.com/seenon/local_story_132134516.html

(KUTV) Should your child take a vacation from their ADHD medication this
summer? In our Healthy Living report the pros and cons of taking medication
break.

Millions of kids take drugs like Adderal and Ritalin to treat attention
deficit disorder otherwise known as ADD or ADHD. These drugs can help kids
stay on task and keep their focus at school but can kids take a break from
their meds during the summer?

Many doctors say it depends.

"The most important take home message is every child deserves his own
decision."

Dr. Brent Peterson of Valley Mental Health says there is no one size fits
all answer to the question. He believes if these drugs are used exclusively
for school focus, a short summer break may be in order.

"He isn't going to be in summer school, doesn't have behavior problems, why
keep him on all summer?" said Dr. Peterson.

Some studies show taking a break can make these drugs even more effective
when the child resumes taking them in the fall.

Not every child is a candidate.

"A child who has many behavior problems, makes enemies in the neighborhood,
parents are on alert...that wouldn't be a good child to take off," said Dr.
Peterson.

Teens may require additional consideration. Studies show teenagers who drive
actually get into more crashes when they're not taking their ADD
medications.

Peterson says concerned parents should talk to their doctor and weigh the
benefits against the risks.

"If the benefit is in a narrow range, say math class then you have a real
freedom to make a choice to say, there's no summer school and math class,
let's give him a break," Dr. Peterson said.

Old May 14th 06, 07:54 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

My own medical research group, Independent National Open Pharmaceutical
United Laboratories (INOPUL), will recently publish our results from a
5-year study that will strongly strongly recommended that children
SHOULD be taken off their medications during summer. In addition, this
is a wonderful time to see if they could do without them at all.

Let us all give Jan Drew a hearty congratulations for her meticulously
outstanding work in this field and her obvious concern for ALL families
living with the curse of the Pro-Med Lobby demanding blind obedience to
their non-stop drive for profits.

Old May 14th 06, 03:44 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A. wrote:
My own medical research group, Independent National Open Pharmaceutical
United Laboratories (INOPUL),

Bull****. You do not have any such group. Remember, Dickie, you were
kicked off an ISP because you could not prove your claims that you were
a doctor.

Old May 14th 06, 06:01 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Proby, I believe you are in the wrong news-group. Perhaps alt.nutcase
would suit you better. The facts remain, taken children off of Meds in
the summer, and keeping them off is a sound idea whose time has come!!
Please join us in this MASS MOVEMENT or please get out of the way. I
wonder why you stay on these newsgroups when you get exposed on a daily
basis as a certified nut?

Old May 15th 06, 03:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A. wrote:
Proby, I believe you are in the wrong news-group.

Incorrect.

Perhaps alt.nutcase
would suit you better.

I am sorry, but that is reserved just for you. I was never kicked off an
ISP for false pretenses, as you were, nor was I ever in deep doo-doo
with the Washington Post for plagiarizing and altering an article that
they had to change the meaning.

The facts remain, taken children off of Meds in
the summer, and keeping them off is a sound idea whose time has come!!

It is an idea whose time has never arrived.

Please join us in this MASS MOVEMENT

The only mass movement where you are an expert is caused by a Hulda
Clark Bowel Cleanse.

or please get out of the way. I
wonder why you stay on these newsgroups when you get exposed on a daily
basis as a certified nut?

Sorry, PhoneyDoc, but that is just your imagination.

Do I need to post the URLs showing your nefarious history?

Old May 15th 06, 06:11 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Mark Probert wrote:

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A. wrote:

My own medical research group, Independent National Open Pharmaceutical
United Laboratories (INOPUL),

Bull****. You do not have any such group.

Heh. Are we surprised?

Let me see:

In Oct. 03, Sir Artie claimed that the American Institute of
Advanced Psychological Studies found that ADHD didn't exist. Turned out
the only thing that didn't exist was the American Institute of Advanced
Psychological Studies.

And then there was his claim he made in Oct 02 that his *own* two
publications, Advances in Neuro-Psychology, and Studies in Physiology
and the Mind!, had published evidence that "the vast majority of of kids
and adults DO grow out of ADD without the use of medication!!!" Turned
out that these two publications didn't exist either.

Remember, Dickie, you were kicked off an ISP because you could not prove your claims that you were a doctor.

A phony doctor who publishes phony studies made by phony groups in phony
publications. It's a quad-phony-fecta!

Nancy
Unique, like everyone else
Old May 15th 06, 06:54 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Mark Probert wrote:

Sir Arthur C.B.E. Wholeflaffers A.S.A. wrote:

Proby, I believe you are in the wrong news-group.

Incorrect.

Perhaps alt.nutcase

would suit you better.

I am sorry, but that is reserved just for you. I was never kicked off an
ISP for false pretenses, as you were, nor was I ever in deep doo-doo
with the Washington Post for plagiarizing and altering an article that
they had to change the meaning.

Then there were his "Alternative ADD/ADHD FAQ" in their many variations
that he posted in ASAD for too many years, both as Sir Arthur
Wholeflaffers and Dr. Richard X. Frager.

Part of that FAQ--the paragraphs in answer to the question, "Can you
give me some history regarding ADD?"--were copyrighted by Gerda
Lycklama, who, at least at one time, was a "team leader" for New Vision
International, which AFAIK was/is a MLM purveyor of, among other things,
a "natural alternative to Ritalin" called "Calm Kids."

Sir Artie/ Dr. Richard X. Frager's FAQ didn't cite Lycklama, or
Lychlama's former web site, as the source of that copyrighted information.

Maybe Artie will now claim that he's Lycklama. Nancy rolls eyes

Nancy
Unique, like everyone else

Old May 15th 06, 09:24 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

Jan Drew wrote:
The LL&L flew out the window.....

Jan, as I have pointed out to you at least one million times, L&LL
applies to YOU, and you alone. It does not apply to anyone else. Period.

Please try to understand that simple concept.

In this case, where WholeFARTer is flatulating in newsgroups, nothing
has changed in my dealings with him. He is a vile person who mocked a
woman who was threatening suicide. He lied when he claimed he was a
doctor and he lies now.

Old May 15th 06, 09:25 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health,talk.politics.medicine

MothWrangler wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:

[...]

I recall that he is into alien abductions. I also recall that they sent
him back as "not representative of the human race."