For nat'l magazine: transitions to "big kid" stuff

Old September 25th 06, 09:05 PM posted to misc.kids
Teri

Default For nat'l magazine: transitions to "big kid" stuff

Hello! I'm a writer for a national parenting magazine and I'm looking
for folks to share stories of how/when they knew it was time to make
one or two of these "transitions" with one of their children. Or: did
you ever miss the boat and realize much later that it was time to make
a change?

I'll get back in touch with you if your transitions would be a good
fit for the article. Please include your full name and city/state.

How/when did you know it was time to switch your child.... (choose any
one or two)

FROM crib TO big-kid bed
FROM child-proof locks everywhere TO selected safety zones
FROM high chair TO booster or big-kid dining chair
FROM sippy cups TO cups without lids
FROM precutting your child's food TO letting 'em dig in on their own
FROM using bibs all the time TO teaching them to use napkins and wash
up at the sink
FROM afternoon nap TO quiet downtime instead
FROM pull-ups TO big-kid underwear
FROM monitoring their bathroom habits TO a little bathroom privacy

Please e-mail me at . I'll get in touch with you
directly if your transitions would be a good fit for the article.
Again, please include your full name and city/state. I cannot use
anonymous postings. Thanks in advance!