It started!

Old July 24th 03, 03:13 PM
Amy M.

Default It started!

Well, I knew that chances were good that I would go into labor early this time,
just as I did with all of the other babies ... but I didn't think it would be
quite like this.

I lost my plug on Monday, and really didn't think much of it. MW seemed a bit
concerned because there was a bit of blood as well. Contractions started on
Tuesday afternoon, and we did all the usual things at home to try to stop them,
and they didn't work. We went to L&D Tuesday night. They gave me a shot of
Tributaline, which worked for about 20 minutes. I ended up having 5 shots
total. After the 4th shot they wanted to start Mag Sulfate, but after hearing
many horror stories, I refused it. We went for the 5th shot instead, and it
worked reasonably well. They only want me to hold out for another week, so I'm
hoping I'll be able to. DH and I are really wanting to hold out for 2 more
weeks (37 weeks) so that we can still have our water birth. We were allowed to
leave yesterday afternoon. They sent me home on oral Brethine with
instructions to try to be on as much bedrest for the next week as possible.

With all the other pregnancies, it's only taken 1 shot (2 at the most) to stop
the contractions. This was very surprising! The contractions kept breaking
back through after about 20 minutes to an hour, at 2-3 minutes apart.

So, I'm now 3cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby is at a -2. I see my MW at 1pm
today to be sure I haven't made any more changes at home, and for my regular
appointment.
--
Amy~
Tre' (6/92)

Old July 24th 03, 04:04 PM
Em

"Amy M." wrote in message

Well, I knew that chances were good that I would go into labor early this

time,
just as I did with all of the other babies ... but I didn't think it would

be
quite like this.

snip
So, I'm now 3cm dilated, 50% effaced, and baby is at a -2. I see my MW at

1pm
today to be sure I haven't made any more changes at home, and for my

regular
appointment.

Sounds bit nerve wracking, Amy! It is good that you are so close to your 37
weeks goal though--hang in there! Best wishes for a great water birth & a
healthy baby.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old July 24th 03, 05:17 PM
Amy M.

Sounds bit nerve wracking, Amy! It is good that you are so close to your 37
weeks goal though--hang in there! Best wishes for a great water birth & a
healthy baby.

--
Em

Thanks, Em.
The troubling part is that my body seems to be confused now. I woke up this
morning engorged with milk. Apparently, my body thinks the baby is here! I'm
just as engorged as I was after the birth of all 3 kids! UGH! At least then I
had the baby to help with the discomfort! I think I just went from a small C
cup to an F!!!
--
Amy~
Tre' (6/92)

Old July 24th 03, 05:32 PM
Em

"Amy M." wrote in message

Sounds bit nerve wracking, Amy! It is good that you are so close to your

37
weeks goal though--hang in there! Best wishes for a great water birth & a
healthy baby.

--
Em

Thanks, Em.
The troubling part is that my body seems to be confused now. I woke up

this
morning engorged with milk. Apparently, my body thinks the baby is here!

I'm
just as engorged as I was after the birth of all 3 kids! UGH! At least

then I
had the baby to help with the discomfort! I think I just went from a

small C
cup to an F!!!

That's kind of odd! Hopefully, your body will figure things out on its own,
because you can't really do anything about this! I imagine you want to avoid
expressing anything to relieve the discomfort, because that would be both
telling your bod to keep up the good work & it would also involve
stimulation that might encourage more contractions. Ack! Best wishes.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old July 24th 03, 06:03 PM
Amy M.

imagine you want to avoid
expressing anything to relieve the discomfort, because that would be both
telling your bod to keep up the good work & it would also involve
stimulation that might encourage more contractions. Ack! Best wishes.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Exactly my thoughts! I'm going to ask my Midwife what I should do at my
appointment today. I suspect the best corse of action is to leave it alone,
and it will take care of itself.
--
Amy~
Tre' (6/92)