I stalled

Old January 31st 04, 07:27 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Default I stalled

Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone. :-)

I'm back home and no baby yet.

My contractions started yesterday around 1:00 pm and they were about 20
minutes apart. They progressed in intensity and frequency throughout the
day and evening. We left for the hospital about 10:30 pm when my
contractions were about 7 minutes apart.

By 1:00 am they were 5 minutes apart but the intensity decreased. So
they moved me to a room on the maternity ward to get some sleep.

Woke up around 8:00 am this morning with the contractions being very
gentle and about 10 minutes apart. I was examined and sent home. He said
come back when they are 5 minutes apart and growing in intensity.

They are still about 10 minutes apart and very gentle.

The kicker to all this is guess which OB was on call? Yup, you guessed
it, the one that "fired" me! LOL!

Well, maybe I'll get a chance to watch Survivor after all! :-D

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old February 1st 04, 01:26 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Kim wrote:

I do not know this story, but it sounds very interesting, do you care to
repeat it??!!

In a nutshell, the OB "suggested" I find another doctor because he was
uncomfortable with the amount of questions I asked and also the VBAC
attempt.

The part that really bothered me was he sent me a letter dated the same
day I saw him. He mentioned nothing about this during the consultation.
I thought it was cowardly.

I really don't have a problem with him being uncomfortable and
suggesting another doctor but the way he handled it. There could have
been a small misunderstanding that could have been resolved but I'll
never know (unless I confront him) because of the way he chose to handle it.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old February 1st 04, 07:59 PM
Kat

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Bummer that it was "that" OB! Hopefully your labor will start up again
soon! Good luck!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old February 1st 04, 08:11 PM
Cam & Shane

Oh how frustrating - I'm glad you see a positive side. We are about half
way through Survivor Pearl Islands here in NZ. It's the first Survivor show
I've watched and I'm loving it.

I hope you have a better OB next time

Camille

Old February 1st 04, 08:59 PM
Taniwha grrrl

"Cam & Shane" wrote in message

Oh how frustrating - I'm glad you see a positive side. We

are about half
way through Survivor Pearl Islands here in NZ. It's the

first Survivor show
I've watched and I'm loving it.

Oh you should of watched Amazon, it was great...lol
What did you think of NZ idol last night? I hate the idol
programmes but watched it because it was filmed at Trentham
and a few of my eldest sons school friends had auditioned
(one got in). I thought it was slim pickings myself. I know
some really talented singers but none of them auditioned it
seemed, they were all very 'mediocre' at best.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

Old February 1st 04, 11:32 PM
A&G&K

[...]

Oh and I though we'd have a new baby by today ... oh well, its not long now
anyway (although I'm sure time is moving very slowly for you atm
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old February 2nd 04, 05:25 AM
Cam & Shane

"Taniwha grrrl" wrote in message

"Cam & Shane" wrote in message

Oh how frustrating - I'm glad you see a positive side. We

are about half
way through Survivor Pearl Islands here in NZ. It's the

first Survivor show
I've watched and I'm loving it.

Oh you should of watched Amazon, it was great...lol
What did you think of NZ idol last night? I hate the idol
programmes but watched it because it was filmed at Trentham
and a few of my eldest sons school friends had auditioned
(one got in). I thought it was slim pickings myself. I know
some really talented singers but none of them auditioned it
seemed, they were all very 'mediocre' at best.

--
Andrea

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a
horrible warning.

I thought that the singing was pretty average - although it certainly looked
very nerve racking - I would have probably lost any talent I might have had
under the same situation. What about the Elvis dude??? Scary. Great that
you can say you know someone who made it past the first stage. I'm looking
forward to the surrogate mother story tonight.

Cam

Old February 2nd 04, 05:29 AM
Plissken

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
| Thanks for all the well-wishes, everyone. :-)
|
| I'm back home and no baby yet.
|
| My contractions started yesterday around 1:00 pm and they were about 20
| minutes apart. They progressed in intensity and frequency throughout the
| day and evening. We left for the hospital about 10:30 pm when my
| contractions were about 7 minutes apart.
|
| By 1:00 am they were 5 minutes apart but the intensity decreased. So
| they moved me to a room on the maternity ward to get some sleep.
|
| Woke up around 8:00 am this morning with the contractions being very
| gentle and about 10 minutes apart. I was examined and sent home. He said
| come back when they are 5 minutes apart and growing in intensity.
|
| They are still about 10 minutes apart and very gentle.
|
| The kicker to all this is guess which OB was on call? Yup, you guessed
| it, the one that "fired" me! LOL!
|
| Well, maybe I'll get a chance to watch Survivor after all! :-D

How disappointing! I had contractions on and off for 2 weeks before I was
induced at 14 days overdue. I hope your baby comes more quickly than my DD
did! Unfortunately for you, your drive is way longer than mine was!

Survivor was good though! Hope you got to watch it.

Nadene

Old February 2nd 04, 07:16 AM
H Schinske

Brigitte wrote:

The kicker to all this is guess which OB was on call? Yup, you guessed
it, the one that "fired" me! LOL!

Whaddya bet that had something to do with the contractions dying down?
Adrenaline knocking back the oxytocin and all that. Hope all's in gear soon!

--Helen