Stress Relief?

Old May 20th 04, 03:50 PM
Nichole Helm

Default Stress Relief?

I'm hoping someone here can give me some tips on relaxation, stress relief
etc yoga, time consuming activities, something?

I've been miserable since a month or so after moving into the house we
bought, which is around when I got pregnant. I'm not normally so "glass half
empty" and this is just getting to be too much, I think we're just having
bad luck and there's really not much that can be done about the situation.
I'm sure this negativity affects my baby girl as much as it affects every
day life and people around me, and I need to work out ways to "zone out."

My Mum does yoga and Tai Chi, but I'd never learned, watched or
(*shamefully*) taken it seriously. Fact is, I can't ask her for tips... she
loves me to death, but her solution for everything is "come home" which just
isn't possible.

Don't take this at all like I don't want this baby girl, we all do very much
want her and love her, even though she certainly wasn't planned LOL

TIA Nic
EDD 23 Aug 04 (Baby girl)

Old May 20th 04, 05:09 PM
Cherie

"Nichole Helm" wrote in message
[...]

I would suggest yoga, there should be some prenatal yoga videos at your
local video store.
Also try sitting in a dark room and just closing your eyes while
concentrating on your breathing.
Another one is fill up your tub with some warm water, light some candles,
turn off the lights and shut the door.
Get your DH to give you a nice massage.

Good luck and breathe. Being stressed out isn't good for either you or the
baby.

Cherie
mom to Jakob (21 months)
baby girl (Grace) EDD 8/6/2004

Old May 20th 04, 10:49 PM
Nic H

I didn't think to look in the video store, and we are members of a local
store so I'll have a look see, thanks :-)

Can't take a bath, the sub floor hasn't been fixed and the tub would plummet
to the first floor, where the sub floor there isn't repaired yet either, so
ummm I'd be in the basement ;-) heh

I'm very critical of myself right now, as well as of everything and everyone
else, so I feel like I'm defending my inability to do these things to help
myself, but I don't mean to, I'm not sure if you'll even understand what I
meant there *sigh* I don't even know if I understand myself right now ACK!

Maybe I need the yoga and an online chat buddy to zone out, I can't go
anywhere, and staying in the house is just horrible. I know a lot of this is
circumstantial, I just can't seem to get over the hump and make myself
remember it won't be like this forever.

Nic H

Old May 20th 04, 11:00 PM
Nic H

LOL here we go, I have no closets or cupboards in the house yet except the
sink cabinet, which I assure you, is spotless ;-)

I did paint the living room, after it was drywalled. As the hubby drywalls,
I paint and I love to! He's a truck driver now, so doesn't get too much time
though...

Most of my misery is the neighbors really, and I seem to be just taking it
out on everything and everyone, as fast as I flap my lips I'm also
apologizing so it seems better to keep my mouth shut. I never mean to hurt
anyone on purpose, but I'm doing it a lot.

Maybe I should mention it to my family practice Doctor, I've only seen her
once but I like her. I haven't met my midwife yet even though I'm so far
along, I just switched from an OB... I really don't want to be labelled, but
jeeze life is getting to be such a struggle sometimes.

Are medications for depression safe for pregnant women? Does medication help
when it's enviromental?

Nic H

"V." wrote in message

[...]

If you're not the sit-quietly-and-meditate type of stress relief person

(I
have to _do something_ or I just brood), you have the perfect opportunity
with the house you just bought. I'm an avid Do-It-Yourself-er and find

that
I need "project" to help me relax. Latex paints are safe while pregnant
(just open a window), so you can paint, wallpaper, or just organize

closets!
I'll bet you'll be glad to have perfectly organized closets after the

baby's
born! Anyway, that's my idea....work on home improvement stuff, plant
flowers, etc.
You should also be aware that depression during pregnancy is _very_

common,
as is post-partum depression which can get talked about more. If you feel
like your negative mood doesn't "make sense", it could be depression. You
should talk to your Dr...you may want to consider medication or
cognitive-behavioral therapy.
Or, you just need more sun/flowers/walking/pretty spaces!
Amy
ttc#1

"Cycle of stress" Mike General 0 March 29th 04 05:15 PM
Parent Stress Index another idiotic indicator list Greg Hanson General 11 March 22nd 04 12:40 AM
Thrush treatment and pain relief Usenet Fan Pregnancy 1 February 1st 04 04:12 AM
question to those who did not have pain relief medication/drugs in birth Abi Pregnancy 33 November 29th 03 06:57 AM
dizziness, stress, heartrate, etc.. Kari Pregnancy 13 July 31st 03 10:00 PM