My 7 yo not growing adult tooth yet

Old September 5th 03, 03:08 PM
UTZ119

Default My 7 yo not growing adult tooth yet

My 7 years old daughter lost both of her front baby teeth at almost
same time.
One front tooth is already coming out but the other is not. I am
starting to worry becaust it has been almost 2 month since she lost
them.
How long usually does it take to come out? Should I take her to her
dentist to check it out?
Old September 5th 03, 06:42 PM
Wendy Marsden

UTZ119 wrote:
My 7 years old daughter lost both of her front baby teeth at almost
same time.
One front tooth is already coming out but the other is not. I am
starting to worry becaust it has been almost 2 month since she lost
them.
How long usually does it take to come out? Should I take her to her
dentist to check it out?

Doesn't she go to the dentist every six months or so? Have they done
x-rays lately?

One of my children has an x-ray showing that she does NOT have an adult
tooth behind the baby tooth. It just isn't there. Won't ever be. We'll
try to preserve the baby tooth as long as possible and then we'll have to
pull it (it won't fall out on its own without anything pushing it) and
she'll have to have some sort of bridge thing done. (I don't really
understand it yet, but she sees an orthodontist for this.)

This problem showed up quite clearly on the x-ray when she was around 9.

Wendy
Old September 5th 03, 06:47 PM
Nikki

Wendy Marsden wrote:
UTZ119 wrote:
[...]

I had that same thing only I didn't need a bridge. I had enough teeth to
fill the gap once they were straightened :-)

X-rays would show this. However, I was also told I'd never get top wisdom
teeth. Which I did get although they are itty bitty.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old September 5th 03, 10:25 PM
just me

"UTZ119" wrote in message
om...
My 7 years old daughter lost both of her front baby teeth at almost
same time.
One front tooth is already coming out but the other is not. I am
starting to worry becaust it has been almost 2 month since she lost
them.
How long usually does it take to come out? Should I take her to her
dentist to check it out?

Our turning 8 year old lost his top front center teeth in early May, iirc.
One tooth is about half way in and the other is just starting. From all we
can tell, his additions are arriving normally.

-Aula