6 week imunisation - good or bad

Old July 16th 03, 03:58 PM
teapot

Default 6 week imunisation - good or bad

Hi all

I am a regualar at misc.kids.breastfeding having graduated from
misc.kids.pregnancy and I wondered if any of yu know any good sites
that will help us make an informed decision about 6 week vaccinations.

Currently we can find lots of negatives and not many positives. We
are thinking of postponing the vaccinations until he is a bit older,
possibly 4 months to get past the main risk of cot death.

Any advice/opinions would be welcome.

teapot
mum to Toffee 8th June 03

Old July 17th 03, 05:24 AM
PF Riley

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:08:12 -0700, Bill Fischer
wrote:

Try www.immunize.org.

teapot wrote:
Hi all

I am a regualar at misc.kids.breastfeding having graduated from
misc.kids.pregnancy and I wondered if any of yu know any good sites
that will help us make an informed decision about 6 week vaccinations.

Currently we can find lots of negatives and not many positives.

The reason you don't find many "positives" is because not many people
complain anymore about their children dying of pertussis, diphtheria,
Haemophilus meningitis, etc. Instead, all they do is try to blame
anything and everything that can go wrong and have gone wrong with
children since the beginning of time on vaccinations. We have the
luxury now, thanks to vaccines, of no longer expecting that at least
some of our children will die of infectious diseases, so, as a victim
of their own success, vaccines have become easy targets for groundless
accusations.

We
are thinking of postponing the vaccinations until he is a bit older,
possibly 4 months to get past the main risk of cot death.

Vaccinations have absolutely nothing to do with SIDS. However,
pertussis is more and more deadly the younger an infant is. You are
running a higher risk of your child dying of pertussis before the age
of 4 months by not immunizing him than you are of somehow causing SIDS
before 4 months by immunizing him.

PF
Old July 16th 03, 07:02 PM
Mark Probert

teapot wrote:

Hi all

I am a regualar at misc.kids.breastfeding having graduated from
misc.kids.pregnancy and I wondered if any of yu know any good sites
that will help us make an informed decision about 6 week vaccinations.

Currently we can find lots of negatives and not many positives. We
are thinking of postponing the vaccinations until he is a bit older,
possibly 4 months to get past the main risk of cot death.

Any advice/opinions would be welcome.

Try the US CDC website and see what they have to say.

Also check out what happens if you fail to vacciante.