Old October 18th 03, 05:42 PM
Greg Hanson

Default | Teen faces expulsion and felony for loaning girlfriend medicine

Does that explain all of your scatological references?

Just think, folks, this guy claims to be a higher up in
supervision of Child Protective Services.

Your tax dollars at work!

And you can guess from his rhetoric what a fine, just,
even-handed FAIR job Child Protection does.

Hey Kane, have you ever met "Curio" ? Napolis?
Old October 22nd 03, 03:04 AM
bobb

"Donna Metler" wrote in message
Oh, and one more thing which hasn't been pointed out yet. Inhalers require
mouth contact, which means that by using another child's inhaler, the

child
is possibly being exposed to various infectious diseases. While in this

case
the two children had almost certainly had mouth-to-mouth contact, this is
another reason to restrict use of an inhaler to the person for which it

was
intended. I can't imagine passing an inhaler around is sanitary.

Bottom line-if your child needs medication, MAKE SURE they have the
medication. Period.

I repeat one more time.. what about shared soft drink bottles and cans, and
kissing. I can hardly imagine sharing an inhaler is less than sanitary.

Somehow selective memory kicks in when one is trying to have things their
way.. and not another.

Try delibration... consider the best and worse case... before jumping to
conclusions as our legislators do all too frequently.. unless they are
blinded by the color green or an imaginary vote .. then all bets are off.

bobb

Old February 20th 05, 01:50 AM
Polychrome Polychrome is offline
Junior Member

Angry

I would just like to say, as a chronic athsmatic, that the fact that this is even up for debate scares the hell out of me, as well as disgusts me. Being an athsmatic is like being a diabetic. You learn all the meds and tools simply from necessity. Without learning them, you die, and I'm pretty sure the person with the athsma attack would not have accepted an inhaler that was not a rescue inhaler.

Lets start with the basics, shall we? All athsmatics are given albuterol (or similar) as a rescue inhaler. There's seemingly millions of brands, but it's all the same. If you're allergic to it? You're allergic to all of it and it's unlikely you'd accept any sort of rescue-inhaler if offered, even in an emergency. Why? Because you know what it'll do to you.

Yes, there are other kinds of inhalers. But these are not rescue inhalers and are rarely carried on your person. They hold capsules full of powder, and you take them after you brush your teeth before going to bed. It's VERY hard to not know the difference if you are athsmatic.

All this being said, if I were dying for lack of albuterol, and the person next to me had some right in their hand, and was denying it to me even though I was collapsed on the floor and it was the last thing that could save my life, I think I'd be pretty angry. And it sure doesn't help that my athsma is stress related either. I've had to use a friend's or co-worker's at times. Once I had to ask a complete stranger. It's very rare, but usually, athsmatics are understanding about it. After all, they know what it's like to have your own lungs attack your body.

I'm not saying that the girl should not have remembered her inhaler. Frankly, I rarely forget my own (to paranoid to forget it), and when I do, I drink so much caffeine to prevent an attack that I'm shaking like mad. But understandably, they're small, they sometimes fall out of your purse, or get lost in a blanket or under a pillow, and you end up forgetting them simply because they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.