Awaiting Twins

Old March 27th 04, 04:40 AM
rawlinson

Default Awaiting Twins

We are excited as we await the arrival of our twins. We have no idea what
the sexes are but they will be joining us in a feww days...or weeks!?!?!

My husband thinks this is filled with fun! I need help convincing him on how
challenging our life will become in the first few months....anyone have a
story to share?

Nicole

Old March 27th 04, 05:41 AM
Seth Jackson

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 04:40:06 GMT, "rawlinson" wrote:

My husband thinks this is filled with fun! I need help convincing him on how
challenging our life will become in the first few months....anyone have a
story to share?

It *is* filled with fun...although those first three months are
definitely tough. Get as much sleep as you can now. Soon, you won't
remember what it feels like.
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...lypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Old March 27th 04, 10:45 PM
Missy in Indiana

My husband thinks this is filled with fun! I need help convincing him on how
challenging our life will become in the first few months....anyone have a
story to share?

Not necessarily a story, but some advice you can take or leave. All the
difficulties and challenges will be sooo overshadowed by the joy, IMO. Do all
you can now to prepare for the first few months. Freeze meals, line up help,
stock up on diapers, stock up on food kits, get all the necessities you know of
- toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, etc.. You want to eliminate errands as much
as possible.

Although you'll never be fully prepared, remind eachother that the first few
months of sleep deprivation is temporary. Try to set up a plan of action.
Who's going to get up during each feeding, etc.?

Back to the "line up help", I think it's worth nagging Whatever you do,
don't try to do it all on your own. You won't get a medal, your kids won't
think you weren't the best, and you won't do anyone any good. No matter how
much of a superwoman you are, you will (I repeat, you *will*) hit a wall now
and again. When that happens, you need to have someone you can call and get a
breather. (And I don't mean Daddy, since he is 50% of the parenting
responsibility anyway. He will need a breather, too!) I was stubborn and
didn't heed this advice. I learned, though

Lastly, I have another piece of advice you can take or leave: Set up a date
night at least monthly. I hear people saying "We just can't...don't have
family nearby, etc.". Trust me, if it's important to you and your husband, you
can. You have to get creative and you have to make it a priority. Personally,
I feel the best thing I can do for my girls is to provide a solid family. So,
we make time to go out and reconnect. Those first few months it felt forced
because we were exhausted. Sometimes we would just go upstairs and close the
door and hold eachother while we took a nap and then talked after the alarm
went off. Sometimes we even got in the car and sat in a parking lot with our
bagged sandwhich and held hands and talked. I cannot find the words to express
how incredibly important this time has been for us.

I hope some of these ideas even help you a small bit. Tell him to roll up his
sleeves and dive into all these experiences. It's not all fun and games, but
each day is filled with so many memories that you'll cherish! I get so
teary-eyed thinking about how blessed I feel to have them. I promise, too,
that it's so much easier when mults are your first birth...you don't know any
different which really helps! Sometimes ignorance is bliss

Congratulations and ENJOY!
Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Old March 29th 04, 07:22 AM
Ellie

It is the most fun thing that's ever happened to us - but it's also the most
tiring. Sleep as much as you can now and remember that the lack of sleep
you will get in the first two months does not go on forever. Our babies are
nearly 6 months old now - they are a complete joy ( and they sleep for
around 9 hours every night even though I'm still breastfeeding!)

People say to us they must be hard work but they are our first (and last -
it took a looong time to get these babies) so we don't know what it would be
like just having one.

We didn't know the sex either - we wanted a surprise on the day, I was
convinced it was 2 boys, but I was delighted when we had a boy and a girl!
It's oooo much fun finding out at the birth.

Good luck with your babies.

Ellie

DS & DD almost 6 months old already!