This is why guns are not allowed in my home

Old August 9th 04, 07:52 PM
Bill + Nora Sangstack

Default This is why guns are not allowed in my home

Man Shoots Self in Rear End

BRISTOW, Okla. (AP) — Drew Patterson wanted to protect himself
after hearing reports of a fugitive in this northeastern
Oklahoma community.

He didn't think he would nursing a sore rear end.

Patterson's .22-caliber pistol, hooked into the waistband of
his denim shorts with the hammer pulled back, apparently fired,
hitting Patterson in the left buttock Wednesday afternoon.

Patterson, 27, said he suffered "one of my most embarrassing
moments" when his gun fired.

"At first, I didn't feel anything at all," said Patterson,
who talked readily about the incident Thursday at his parents'
Bristow home.

"Then about 30 seconds later, I felt that burning, stinging,"
he said.

He felt something warm trickling down his left leg and found
an exit wound.

Patterson said he walked into his parents' home and said,
"Mom, I did something bad."

Law enforcement officers, searching for an escaped inmate who
ran from a Bristow courtroom Wednesday, stopped their hunt when
Patterson's gunshot wound was reported.

The inmate was still at large Thursday.

"I had good intentions, but I screwed the whole thing up,"
Patterson said.

Patterson said he was told to keep walking to avoid
complications as the wound healed.

"It hurts fiercely now," he said while walking slowly and
gingerly.

- - - - - - - T H E E N D - - - - - - - -
Old August 9th 04, 08:24 PM
Steve Henderson

"Bill + Nora Sangstack" wrote in message

[...]

Anyone with functioning brain cells would have had the hammer -down- and the
safety on. If you are clueless about firearms safety, it makes YOU the
danger, not the weapon.

Never ascribe to malice what can be more easily explained by stupidity.

Old August 9th 04, 08:30 PM
Jumpingbean

If your so stupid that you could shoot yourself. I agree don't touch a
firearm.
====================

Old August 10th 04, 12:53 AM
Jeff

That's why weapons are not allowed in my pants. He's lucky that he didn't
shoot his testicles off and didn't hit a major artery.

I don't allow guns in my house either. The chances of me shooting someone I
know are a lot higher than the chances of me shooting an illegal invader.

Jeff

Old August 10th 04, 01:07 AM
Jumpingbean

Jeff wrote:

That's why weapons are not allowed in my pants. He's lucky that he didn't
shoot his testicles off and didn't hit a major artery.

I don't allow guns in my house either. The chances of me shooting someone I
know are a lot higher than the chances of me shooting an illegal invader.

Jeff

It's the ones you know that you might need to shoot. ;-)

Old August 10th 04, 04:57 AM
Byron Canfield

[...]

Well, if you would have a tendency to tuck a loaded gun, hammer back, in
your shorts, then, yes, you should not be allowed to have a gun. However,
most people have better sense than that. And of those that don't, certainly
most of them have the ability to learn how to handle a gun properly.

That almost qualifies for the Darwin awards.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old August 10th 04, 06:04 AM
Denise~*

Law enforcement officers, searching for an escaped inmate who
ran from a Bristow courtroom Wednesday, stopped their hunt when
Patterson's gunshot wound was reported.

So a stupid idiot shoots himself & takes cops away from doing their
real job. Hrm...

Things that bother me the most about people & guns are; people who
stand on a soap-box about why they don't want a gun in their home or
anybody elses and the people who wan't guns who cannot handle them
properly. Those people ruin it for the good law abiding people who
want to own & carry guns (and know the proper & safe ways of doing
so).

I haveta say, that the replies to this post have made my day though.
Very funny.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"
Old August 10th 04, 07:42 PM
Jumpingbean

"Bàidh Stidean" wrote:

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:53:12 -0400, "Jeff"
wrote:

That's why weapons are not allowed in my pants. He's lucky that he didn't
shoot his testicles off and didn't hit a major artery.

Well, this is Oklahoma, where a guy used a shotgun to neuter his
dog. The guy could have taken inspiration from that and been
attempting to give himself a vasectomy on the cheap but forgot which
direction to go...strange things happen here sometimes...

I don't allow guns in my house either. The chances of me shooting someone I
know are a lot higher than the chances of me shooting an illegal invader.

That's a personal decison. I grew up with guns and know my way
around them well. But, I've never kept one for self-defense. I've
never felt the need to, as I don't live in constant fear of my fellow
man. The chances of confronting an intruder in your home are slim -
the majority of such confrontations occur when a homeowner surprises
an intruder by arriving home while the intruder is packing up his or
her stuff. Most burglars don't want to break in to occupied houses -
because they don't know who and who doesn't have a gun. Therefore,
they play it safe and wait until you're gone to do their business.
Businesses are a totally different deal, however...

This is why any smart person always has a gun with them.

Old August 10th 04, 08:13 PM
Ken Johnson

"Steve Henderson" wrote in message

Anyone with functioning brain cells would have
had the hammer -down- and the safety on. If you
are clueless about firearms safety, it makes YOU
the danger, not the weapon.

Oh, my God, here come the Yankee gun filth and their apologists.

Ken Johnson -- Real name

Old August 11th 04, 01:17 AM
Jumpingbean

"Bàidh Stidean" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

No, only paranoid idiots like yourself feel a need to always carry a
gun. You run around in fear all the time, and you just think you're a
"big man" by carrying a gun. reality is that you're a frightened
little wuss who only talks tough from behind a keyboard. Anyone who
takes one look at your house can see how scared you are, you can't
even go out from behind those bars to trim the bush in the front yard
- probably out of fear some non-existent Big Bad Brown Man(tm) will
jack you for the hedgetrimmer...

You still ranting and renting? :-)