alimony and women having to pay child support

Old December 18th 04, 12:22 PM
Billie

Default alimony and women having to pay child support

Yesterday my boyfriend who lives in Massachusetts was informed that his ex
wife no longer wants custody of her children. She wants them and my
boyfriend to come live with me in Pennsylvania. The ex wife said just send
her the alimony check. My question is, would she still receive a alimony
payment, also isn't she going to have to pay child support? The children are
14 and 20. Child support in Ma ends at 23 years old. She is a professional
with a Masters degree. She has decided not to work because it interferes
with her free time, instead has been living off the children's child
support.

Old December 18th 04, 10:22 PM
Jon

Say sure, you betcha, get the kids, let them live with him for a year, and
keep making that payment. Get all the schools changed and affirmed in your
address. Then, one year later, send in a pettion to the courts to revise
custody and child support. At that point, the standard for the kids is to
live with dad, not mom. The courts don't want to jerk the kids around, and
prefer them to have consistency.
So in 12 to 18 months, you will have custody, and you can force HER to pay
child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare and just
can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son, but screw her, he
lives with me and that is worth all the money in the world.
Jon

Old December 19th 04, 01:38 AM
Lanark

"Jon" wrote in

child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare and just
can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son,

According to the law, that's no excuse and she should be in jail!

Old December 19th 04, 08:42 AM
Werebat

Lanark wrote:

"Jon" wrote in

child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare and just
can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son,

According to the law, that's no excuse and she should be in jail!

True, but unless HE also gets on Welfare they are unlikely to do
anything about it.

- Ron ^*^

Old December 19th 04, 08:37 PM
Jon

Lanark wrote:
"Jon" wrote in

child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare
and just can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son,

According to the law, that's no excuse and she should be in jail!

Wrong, there is a presumption of inability to pay if you need state
assistance to survive. I had a phone hearing, and the judge said that if
she is on welfare, then she has an automatic suspension of CS.
Theoretically, when she gets a job, then they start up again. I reckon she
will start working just about the time he no longer needs CS.
Fair its not, I used to pay $518 a month, but I only asked for some CS
because she moved 2000 miles away and its not right that she can just move
away from our son. No matter what I feel, he deserves to have mom in his
life. oh well, he lives with me, so thats whats important. Oh, did I
mention his 3.75gpa in freshman year? I think its a good thing he is here.

Jon

Old December 19th 04, 10:24 PM
Lanark

"Jon" wrote in

child support. It worked for me. Of course, she went on welfare
and just can't afford to pay the whopping $76 a month for my son,

According to the law, that's no excuse and she should be in jail!

Wrong, there is a presumption of inability to pay if you need state
assistance to survive. I had a phone hearing, and the judge said that if
she is on welfare, then she has an automatic suspension of CS.

OK, let me get this straight! If I am layed off from my job and can't pay, I
get tossed in Jail where my CS obligation still continues every month. If I
go on Welfare my payments get suspended?

We've already read about a Father having to live in the back of his truck
with no money being prosecuted for failure to pay, what's the difference?

Old December 20th 04, 05:05 AM
Jon

Lanark wrote:

OK, let me get this straight! If I am layed off from my job and can't
pay, I get tossed in Jail where my CS obligation still continues
every month. If I go on Welfare my payments get suspended?

We've already read about a Father having to live in the back of his
truck with no money being prosecuted for failure to pay, what's the
difference?

The difference is, she has a vagina.