Correcting misinformation on Jasper Mountain...

Old January 18th 08, 09:02 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default Correcting misinformation on Jasper Mountain...

I have been provided your emails by my staff who monitor the accuracy of
information on the internet. In this case I understand the internet
source to be a foster parent support group of some kind. I have been
provided the posting on this site mentioning Jasper Mountain and I want
to correct misinformation in these postings. It appears that there are
people concerned about the safety and treatment of children at Jasper
Mountain and I want to provide you assurances that the children are very
well cared for.

--No twelve year old client in the last month was killed when she
“jumped out of a transport van and was struck by a car.” This did not
happen in the last month or anytime over the last 25 years of agency
operations.

--Contrary to postings to the contrary, since the agency began in 1982
no child has ever stopped breathing either during a “safe hold” or at
any other time.

--Despite postings to the contrary no child’s heart has ever stopped
during a hold or at any other time.

--Jasper Mountain has never had a child transported to the
hospital/emergency room via ambulance or by EMT’s and thus the use of
“paddles” to resuscitate any child did not occur.

Perhaps all of the above took place related to some other organization,
but not involving Jasper Mountain. The article in the Eugene Register
Guard on 12/22/07 (referenced in the discussion) pertained to injuries
that occurred 14 to 24 months previously and the lawsuit a personal
injury attorney has been pursuing for over a year. All three injuries
were investigated in great detail and found to be accidental and
unfounded for any type of abuse on the part of the agency and its staff.
The newspaper continues to attempt to generate controversy but for the
most part they have been unsuccessful. Since we readily accept violent
children into our program we know there is always a chance of injury,
although our injury record over the years is excellent. Lawsuits
related to accidents are unfortunately quite routine in our society
(although this is our agency’s first such suit) and the insurance
company will likely offer the attorney money to resolve the matter. I
hope this is helpful.

Dave Ziegler

Executive Director

http://www.scar-jaspermtn.org/

Old January 18th 08, 10:30 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"firemonkey" wrote in message
On Jan 18, 1:57 pm, tlwaggoner wrote:
On Jan 18, 12:02 am, fx wrote:

[...]

Thats an out right lie..I have the documentation to
prove that my son did in fact stop breathing, and was
rushed to the hospital from Scar-Jasper.. Its a report made
by CPS Social Worker to the Courts..By the way CPS WAS PAYING
FOR MY SON'S TREATMENT. SO WAS CPS LIEING OR SCAR?

Can you post the documents with the names of the child blacked out?

I wonder where this response by the treatment center is located.
Was it published in a newspaper, or what?
If it was part of an article written by a journalist, the reply given by the
director to the journalist, then I would think that it would be much better
for TL to send the information that they have to the journalist, so that
they can publish the full story, rather than provide it to us.
If it's posted on their web site only, then it's possible that TL coould
bring it to the attention of a local newspaper and show them the information
that she/he has and make the public aware that Jasper is not only unsuafe,
but also unthruthful.
Parents have a right to know what kind of facility their children are going
into.
I'm sorry, TL, that so many issues arose with your child, and I hope that
your child is doing better now, but I also hope that you coming to this
group and stating that the statements of Jasper are untrue is an indicator
that you would stand against them and the treatment that children receive
there, and make it known publicly that it is not a safe facility before
someone else's child ends up there and worse happens.
If you have that 'inside' information act on it.
I know that I, for one, would appreciate others standing up to inform me of
what I have no idea about.
I don't feel that providing that information here would accomplish anything,
after all, none of us here matter...what matters is that the proof be shown
to those who need proof....other parents in the area who may have children
that will be placed in the facility.
Besides, I would not recommend that TL put any information in a newsgroup,
and most especially this one.
Betty

Old January 19th 08, 02:28 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

On Jan 18, 12:02 am, fx wrote:
[...]

Betty- Hide quoted text -

Sadly Betty the info was given to people
with power to do something, Senators, State Reps,
even Govenors ombudsman office. Unforunenly CPS keeps
placing children at Scar-Jasper. And this artical was not in the
newspaper. I don't know where it came from.
I know alot about Scar-Jasper. I've seen with my own eyes
the holds the children are placed in.

It was e-mailed directly to me! under the heading of "Correcting
misinformation" FX
Old January 19th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

On Jan 18, 12:02 am, fx wrote:
[...]

It was mailed to you by the director?
Why? What 'misinformation' did you provide and where?
Is he nuts?
You'd think if he was going to clear up any 'misinformation' he would be
more inclined to do so with the media and the state.
Did he ask you to post the letter here?
Was it in direct response to TL's claims?
Ask him to send you the data to prove the claims HE makes.
Sheesh.

Old January 19th 08, 05:11 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
[...]
I have been provided your emails by my
staff who monitor the accuracy of
information on the internet.

That's interesting!

[...]

All three injuries
were investigated in great detail

BY WHO?

Screw 'who'. What I want to know is why the three incidents were
'investigated in great detail' if, as he says further below, they never
happened.

Yeah.

Ok.

Duh.

Old January 19th 08, 05:18 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
""Dave"" All three injuries were investigated in great detail

G BY WHO?

BW Screw 'who'. What I want to know
BW is why the three incidents were
BW 'investigated in great detail' if, as
BW he says further below, they never
BW happened.
BW
BW Yeah.
BW
BW Ok.
BW
BW Duh.

Good catch, Betty!

***Well? Doesn't that make sense?
Why would they investigate incidents that never occurred?
I wonder if this was really the director, in which case he's obviously not
too bright of a fella because he practically put his foot in it.
Or, is this someone writing to FX as if they were that director and pulling
FX's chain?
Doesn't make sense to me that TL posts about her/his experiences with this
facility, and someone writes to FX in regard, rather than TL, claiming that
they are the director of the facility and makes such a huge mistake as
denying that incidents were investigated that he also claims never happened.
Kinda odd. IMHO.

Old January 19th 08, 09:01 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

tlwaggoner wrote:
On Jan 19, 8:18 am, "dragonsgirl" wrote:
"Greegor" wrote in message

[...]

Very strange indeed. Why would the director
of Scar care about what's posted here?

I found it very odd myself that anyone let alone the director of Scar
would be interested in what's happening with this newsgroup!

here is the raw e-mail source as I received it...

P.S. I added to return address to his signature and Web site for the
convenience of others exactly as I found them in the raw source....

the message appears to have been sent both in plain text and hypertext...

FX

From - Fri Jan 18 00:26:20 2008
From: "Dave Ziegler"
To: , ,
, , ,
,
Subject: Correcting misinformation
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:18:13 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C85924.95B0DD30

[...]

html xmlns=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =
xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"

head
meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"
meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)"

o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name=3D"PlaceType"/
o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name=3D"PlaceName"/
o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags"
name=3D"place"/
!--[if !mso]
style
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
/style
![endif]--
style
!--
/* Style Definitions */
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{colorurple;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
{mso-style-typeersonal-compose;
font-family:Arial;
color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:2.5in 1.0in 1.0in 1.5in;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
--
/style

/head

body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple

div class=3DSection1

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'I have been provided your emails by my staff who =
monitor the
accuracy of information on the internet.  In this case I understand =
the
internet source to be a foster parent support group of some kind.  =
I have
been provided the posting on this site mentioning st1lace =
w:st=3D"on"st1:PlaceName
w:st=3D"on"Jasper/st1:PlaceName st1:PlaceType =
w:st=3D"on"Mountain/st1:PlaceType/st1lace
and I want to correct misinformation in these postings.  It appears =
that
there are people concerned about the safety and treatment of children at =

st1lace
w:st=3D"on"st1:PlaceName w:st=3D"on"Jasper/st1:PlaceName =
st1:PlaceType w:st=3D"on"Mountain/st1:PlaceType/st1lace
and I want to provide you assurances that the children are very well =
cared for.o/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'o /o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'--No twelve year old client in the last month was =
killed
when she “jumped out of a transport van and was struck by a =
car.”
This did not happen in the last month or anytime over the last 25 years =
of
agency operations.o/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'o /o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'--Contrary to postings to the contrary, since the =
agency
began in 1982 no child has ever stopped breathing either during a =
“safe
hold” or at any other time.o/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'o /o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'--Despite postings to the contrary no child’s =
heart has
ever stopped during a hold or at any other =
time.o/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'o /o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'--st1lace w:st=3D"on"st1:PlaceName =
w:st=3D"on"Jasper/st1:PlaceName
st1:PlaceType w:st=3D"on"Mountain/st1:PlaceType/st1lace has =
never had a
child transported to the hospital/emergency room via ambulance or by =
EMT’s
and thus the use of “paddles” to resuscitate any child did =
not
occur.o/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'o /o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'Perhaps all of the above took place related to some =
other
organization, but not involving st1lace w:st=3D"on"st1:PlaceName =
[...]
helpful.o/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'o /o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'Dave Zieglero/o/span/font/p

p class=3DMsoNormalfont size=3D2 face=3DArialspan =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'Executive Directoro/o/span/font/p

/div

/body

/html

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C85924.95B0DD30

From: "Dave Ziegler"
To: , ,
, , ,
,
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:18:13 -0800

[...]

Wow. I notice that the e-mail went to other people as well.
Why is FX the only one to receive it who presented it here?

Old January 20th 08, 07:33 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"Greegor" wrote in message
BW Wow. I notice that the e-mail went to other people as well.
BW Why is FX the only one to receive it who presented it here?

I should check my SPAM filter more often?

***Probably

Old January 21st 08, 08:56 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
dragonsgirl

"tlwaggoner" wrote in message
On Jan 19, 10:33 pm, "dragonsgirl" wrote:
"Greegor" wrote in message

BW Wow. I notice that the e-mail went to other people as well.
BW Why is FX the only one to receive it who presented it here?

I should check my SPAM filter more often?

***Probably

Sorry Im not in the habit of checking my spam box.
I did find the e-mail. I think I;ll save it.

****Yeah, you should. If they persist in lying about the incidents that
occurred there, as you have outlined here, then you might want to take
action on it.